GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 25 Jun 2019, 12:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Study plan for 530 -> 600

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
Study plan for 530 -> 600  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2018, 14:38
Hey guys,

Lately I took my first GMAT and ended on 530, scoring 28 for quantitative and 34 for verbal, which means I was in the 71st percentile for verbal and in the 15th percentile for quantitative. On mock CAT's (GMATPrep) I scored about the same for verbal as on the actual GMAT, however my quant was around 4 points lower.

My goal is to reach at least 600+, so I think the main point I should focus on is quantitative, since the percentile there was a lot lower than on verbal.

Do you guys have any tips for a study plan to improve my quant? I have to deliver a sufficient score before the 15th of july 2019, so I have quite some time left.

Thanks in advance!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 540 Q44 V21
Re: Study plan for 530 -> 600  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2018, 22:46
Levihamerslag wrote:
Hey guys,

Lately I took my first GMAT and ended on 530, scoring 28 for quantitative and 34 for verbal, which means I was in the 71st percentile for verbal and in the 15th percentile for quantitative. On mock CAT's (GMATPrep) I scored about the same for verbal as on the actual GMAT, however my quant was around 4 points lower.

My goal is to reach at least 600+, so I think the main point I should focus on is quantitative, since the percentile there was a lot lower than on verbal.

Do you guys have any tips for a study plan to improve my quant? I have to deliver a sufficient score before the 15th of july 2019, so I have quite some time left.

Thanks in advance!

I am in the same boat as you, following your post so that even I can get help when some expert replies :)
Senior Manager
G
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2018, 22:58
See ron purewals videos’s

Posted from my mobile device
General GMAT Forum Moderator
V
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2018, 06:45
Levihamerslag wrote:
Hey guys,

Thanks in advance!

Hi Levihamerslag,

You can try out the TTP course as it is phenomenal and covers the entire syllabus really well. Plus it has great reviews on GMATCLUB. I must add that if you are particularly looking to discover and improve on your weak areas in Quant; a subscription to GMATCLUB tests is the best way to do that. They are indeed phenomenal and will not only pinpoint your weak areas but also help you improve on them.

Further taking multiple mocks might help. Apart from the GMATPREP, Manhattan GMAT tests and Veritas Prep Tests in my experience have good verbal and Quant section and will certainly help you point out and improve your weak areas.

Further another advantage of taking many mocks is to build up your stamina. Apart from the GMATPREP tests, taking practice tests of any major GMATPREP company ought to do that.

Lastly I would also encourage you to purchase the latest version of OG and the Quant review for some great additional practice. Here is a link that will help you with your decision.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/best-gmat-ma ... ml?fl=menu

Hope this helps. All the best.
Re: Study plan for 530 -> 600   [#permalink] 30 Dec 2018, 06:45

Study plan for 530 -> 600

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics