GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 26 Jun 2019, 15:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Terrible 320

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GPA: 3.6
Terrible 320  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2018, 08:14
Hello All,

I am from Hyderabad, Non-math background. I got terrible 320 (Q22, V11, AWA 4 and IR 2). Completely down. I need to improve in Verbal and Quant data sufficiency. Any suggestions, I wanna do an MBA badly.
Director
Director
D
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 2.77
WE: General Management (Other)
Re: Terrible 320  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2019, 12:55
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2019, 20:27
mbapharma wrote:
Hello All,

I am from Hyderabad, Non-math background. I got terrible 320 (Q22, V11, AWA 4 and IR 2). Completely down. I need to improve in Verbal and Quant data sufficiency. Any suggestions, I wanna do an MBA badly.

Was this a mock test or the GMAT exam or the first diagnostic test before you start with your GMAT preparation? Please give more details.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2019, 23:46
amitkumar2019 wrote:
mbapharma wrote:
Hello All,

Was this a mock test or the GMAT exam or the first diagnostic test before you start with your GMAT preparation? Please give more details.

Main GMAT exam

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 4
WE: Analyst (Investment Banking)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2019, 00:06
Are you still looking to improve? At Q22, I suggest you begin with basic 10th-grade level math. Don't even think about the GMAT yet. GMAT tests fundamentals heavily and will destroy you if you're not up to scratch. If you're really passionate about doing an MBA, then it's going to be a long road to improvement but you will be able to stick with it. Begin by revising school-level Math and English. Khan Academy is a great, free resource for this. Please don't rush this part; take your time with it and build a solid foundation. Then, I suggest you drop a few $$ and enroll in an online tutoring program. Unstructured self-study helps those who already have a great grasp on the concepts. I suggest you save time and take no such risk. The $$ you spend will sting in the short term but will save you money on GMAT retakes. GMATClub has some fantastic offers on courses, and each course has a free trial. I personally used e-GMAT and thought it was worth it; would highly recommend. This is a 7-8 month long journey you're about to take so mentally prepare yourself. The worst thing you could do is rush it by diving straight into solving OG problems - it just won't work. Take it easy and be patient. Hope this helped.
B

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2019, 02:36
shaarang wrote:
Are you still looking to improve? At Q22, I suggest you begin with basic 10th-grade level math. Don't even think about the GMAT yet. GMAT tests fundamentals heavily and will destroy you if you're not up to scratch. If you're really passionate about doing an MBA, then it's going to be a long road to improvement but you will be able to stick with it. Begin by revising school-level Math and English. Khan Academy is a great, free resource for this. Please don't rush this part; take your time with it and build a solid foundation. Then, I suggest you drop a few $$ and enroll in an online tutoring program. Unstructured self-study helps those who already have a great grasp on the concepts. I suggest you save time and take no such risk. The $$ you spend will sting in the short term but will save you money on GMAT retakes. GMATClub has some fantastic offers on courses, and each course has a free trial. I personally used e-GMAT and thought it was worth it; would highly recommend. This is a 7-8 month long journey you're about to take so mentally prepare yourself. The worst thing you could do is rush it by diving straight into solving OG problems - it just won't work. Take it easy and be patient. Hope this helped.

Hi Sharang thank you for the suggestions. This was the thread I post few months back and yes I have joined an institute and understood the concepts. Now a bit confidant that I can score well. Being from Science background I am are used to stick to Standard operating procedures which I need to unlearn and get into the logical aspects of GMAT.

Posted from my mobile device
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
V
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2019, 12:25
Hi mbapharma,

Since it's been over 3 months since your original post, I have to assume that you've done some studying since then (and your follow-up posts confirm that). Before I can offer you any additional advice, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How long have you studied in total?
2) What study materials have you used so far?
3) How have you scored on EACH of your CATs/mocks (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Goals:
4) What is your goal score?
5) When are you planning to retake the GMAT?
6) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
7) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

*****Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!*****

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/
Target Test Prep Representative
D
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2019, 18:48
Hi mbapharma,

Glad to see you’ve gotten on the right track. If you need any further advice regarding your study plan, feel free to reach back out.

Good luck!

Scott Woodbury-Stewart

Founder and CEO

Scott@TargetTestPrep.com
TTP - Target Test Prep Logo
122 Reviews

5-star rated online GMAT quant
self study course

See why Target Test Prep is the top rated GMAT quant course on GMAT Club. Read Our Reviews

If you find one of my posts helpful, please take a moment to click on the "Kudos" button.

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Terrible 320   [#permalink] 14 Jan 2019, 18:48

Terrible 320

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep