Last visit was: 09 May 2024, 14:00 It is currently 09 May 2024, 14:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73123 [7]
Given Kudos: 18942
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 5430 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
WE 1: 3.5 yrs IT
WE 2: 2.5 yrs Retail chain
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73123 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Re: Time Yourself and Track your Progress in the Forum [#permalink]
bb,

the new Clock is cool. :band

If you remember, a few weeks back I suggested some thing to analyse your peformance. Just like the voting buttons we have, we can select our option as a vote. I dont know how much technically it is feasible, but if the OA is posted but hidden from others then clock can tell correctness of your response. :wink:
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: SPG
Own Kudos [?]: 3148 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Send PM
First of all great work BB ,

Timing is a big thing on GMAT and this is the best way to keep a check on timing. However, I have noticed that on most questions there is no timer. I think you should give the timer on every question, no matter what. I usually turn the timer on when im doing a question and in this way it goes to my workbook.

Another thing I noted while posting the questions is that if you click on the section from which the question belongs and check the timer as well as your signature, the timer doesn't appear on the question. You have to go back and edit your post to include the timer. However, I think the timer should just be there for every question no matter what.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thank you for the feedback!

All threads in the Math and Verbal forums have a timer by default unless the user turns it off, which I have seen a few people do (i believe I may have seen you turn it off too in a question recently but not so sure - i apologize if I am off) but we'll fix that so that the timer is always on unless a moderator disables it.

The reason we provided an option to disable it is for posts that are not GMAT questions that are present in those forums.

dimitri92 wrote:

Timing is a big thing on GMAT and this is the best way to keep a check on timing. However, I have noticed that on most questions there is no timer. I think you should give the timer on every question, no matter what. I usually turn the timer on when im doing a question and in this way it goes to my workbook.

Another thing I noted while posting the questions is that if you click on the section from which the question belongs and check the timer as well as your signature, the timer doesn't appear on the question. You have to go back and edit your post to include the timer. However, I think the timer should just be there for every question no matter what.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: SPG
Own Kudos [?]: 3148 [1]
Given Kudos: 34
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
Thank you for the feedback!

All threads in the Math and Verbal forums have a timer by default unless the user turns it off, which I have seen a few people do (i believe I may have seen you turn it off too in a question recently but not so sure - i apologize if I am off) but we'll fix that so that the timer is always on unless a moderator disables it.

The reason we provided an option to disable it is for posts that are not GMAT questions that are present in those forums.

dimitri92 wrote:

Oh! I didn't realize I did that. I am actually a big fan of the timer. In case I see the timer didn't come up I usually go back and edit the post to put the timer on. Anyways, maybe it might be because I am using Safari, though I highly doubt that it is a browser specific problem which comes up only when I am posting it. Anyways, I will try for a few more days and see if I get this problem again. I will PM you the actual scenario in which the timer didn't appear, in case that happens.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 92 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Kudos
Excuse me if my question seem naive .. How can we remove an entry/question from the workbook ?

BTW, Excellent work with timer .. A timer was just what we needed. :)
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Acc3ss wrote:
Excuse me if my question seem naive .. How can we remove an entry/question from the workbook ?

Thank you for the feedback and the question!
Right now you can't but we can surely look into adding that function - why would you want to remove a question?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 92 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
Acc3ss wrote:

Thank you for the feedback and the question!
Right now you can't but we can surely look into adding that function - why would you want to remove a question?

Well for me, Work Book is a place where I can do my analysis, I can go through all the questions I answered wrongly and when I am done, I can remove those questions to make room for more.

I feel once I start doing more question on the Gmatclub forum (in a timed manner) there will be 100's of questions in my work book - even those which I have already revised. Also having lesser number of will help me search for particular questions as we do not have the functionality of flagging or prioritizing questions in workbook.

I hope my concerns are clear and relevant here.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2131 [2]
Given Kudos: 622
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
Kudos
Great work BB!

I would give you kudos, but I don't think you need them anymore. :) If not just give me a hint ;)

1.I advise to add an alarm, when for example two minutes gone.
2.In workbook can we add a column level of difficulty ?
3.I don't mind if it would be possible to export the workbook(just what I did wrong and correct) in XLS?

just my 2 kopecks
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73123 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Pkit wrote:
Great work BB!

I would give you kudos, but I don't think you need them anymore. :) If not just give me a hint ;)

Sure, save that mouse button :)
On a separate note, you should give Kudos to anyone who deserves them - regardless of how many they have or even if they can give those themselves ( :wink: ) - for 2 reasons:
1. It provides a small token of appreciation and an example for others to follow suit (same post or another)
2. We actually rank our content based on user feedback: https://gmatclub.com/static/top-posts/

So, think of Kudos more than just kudos :)

Quote:
1.I advise to add an alarm, when for example two minutes gone.

Thank you - I am giving you kudos for this :)

Quote:

how would this column be populated? where would the difficulty setting come from?

Quote:
3.I don't mind if it would be possible to export the workbook(just what I did wrong and correct) in XLS?

You can probably just copy and paste even now - it works for me.

Quote:
just my 2 kopecks

Спасибо.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2131 [0]
Send PM
bb wrote:
Sure, save that mouse button :)
On a separate note, you should give Kudos to anyone who deserves them - regardless of how many they have or even if they can give those themselves ( :wink: ) - for 2 reasons:
1. It provides a small token of appreciation and an example for others to follow suit (same post or another)
2. We actually rank our content based on user feedback: https://gmatclub.com/static/top-posts/

So, think of Kudos more than just kudos :)

Thank you BB for explanations!

You destroyed some of my myths.

You have inspired me to create a new thread: giving-receiving-kudos-94812.html#p729530 , I have created new thread about giving/receiving kudos, and kudos balance. :) Welcome!

sorry for off-top.
VP
VP
Send PM
Pkit wrote:

bb wrote:
how would this column be populated? where would the difficulty setting come from?

What i mean here: I am not sure whether it possible, from technical point of view, to populate such a column based on tags of difficulty, but it would be great.
Manager
Manager
Status:Not afraid of failures, disappointments, and falls.
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Given Kudos: 260
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
WE:Operations (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Hello guys! long time no see :)
First of all congrats! BB, it does feel good to know that a little suggestion has been taken seriously and is turned into more useful and interesting one now as compared to the first one. An exchange of views between BB and me ( PM's :) ) now has a solid form, thanks to the developers for making it come true. I tried the new timer and loved it but I have one more thing to say that timer keeps on running after I hit the stop button instead it should be stopped at the same moment I hit the stop button. What do you think?
And it does look more pretty now :). Keep up the good work. I'll be starting to participate more now, as I'll be trying RC sections here and then Quants (had been out because of GRE especially vocabulary section).

Cheers,
Atif
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
AtifS wrote:
Hello guys! long time no see :)
First of all congrats! BB, it does feel good to know that a little suggestion has been taken seriously and is turned into more useful and interesting one now as compared to the first one. An exchange of views between BB and me ( PM's :) ) now has a solid form, thanks to the developers for making it come true. I tried the new timer and loved it but I have one more thing to say that timer keeps on running after I hit the stop button instead it should be stopped at the same moment I hit the stop button. What do you think?
And it does look more pretty now :). Keep up the good work. I'll be starting to participate more now, as I'll be trying RC sections here and then Quants (had been out because of GRE especially vocabulary section).

Cheers,
Atif

Yes - thank you for the suggestion and your input 8-)

I will be in touch via PM about the stop/go issue with the timer - it works properly for me.
Director
Director
Send PM
Thanks bb for adding the 5 choices feature in the new timer.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 546 [0]
Send PM
Sorry for the naive question, but i cannot find the link for the latest GMAT timer.
Can some one help?

BTW, the new features are excellent. Thank you :)
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
You mean the link on top of every page? ;)
time-yourself-with-a-new-gmat-club-timer-v-96251.html
VP
VP
Send PM
bb wrote:
You mean the link on top of every page? ;)
time-yourself-with-a-new-gmat-club-timer-v-96251.html

Hi bb.

I think he meant walker's GMAT timer.

jakolik, you may search for it in this forum.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2