GMAT Changed on April 16th - Read about the latest changes here

It is currently 21 Apr 2018, 19:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

To go or not to go?

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Owen, Goizueta or Reapply

  • 9% [1]
  • 72% [8]
  • 18% [2]
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Mar 2018
Posts: 2
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
To go or not to go? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2018, 17:04
1
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Goal after completing MBA is management consulting (prefer MBB of course) but okay with a big four firm as well, though I'd like to work in DC, Baltimore or Philadelphia post graduation. I've been admitted to Goizueta & Owen with slightly more than a 50% scholarships at each but was rejected by Fuqua without an interview and interviewed at Darden, though I haven't gotten a call today. I think I could improve my GMAT score 20-30 points (got a 710 1st attempt) and would like to have another shot at applying (if rejected by Darden as well) while also looking at Johnson, Ross and other schools in the 10-15 range.

I have approximately 3 years of WE in internal strategy and GPA of 3.7 but will be leaving my job at the end of March and plan to travel/ take some time off before, potentially, starting an MBA program in the fall. Since I've already committed to leaving work will volunteering, improving GMAT score, etc... do enough to boost my profile or am I best off taking one of the offers that I already have?
Retired Moderator
avatar
G
Joined: 26 Jul 2016
Posts: 297
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Reviews Badge
Re: To go or not to go? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2018, 03:03
Apply again - you are young and have room for improvement both on GMAT and work experience.

I'd actually suggest waiting 2 years 0 apply when you have 5 years of work ex
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 01 Nov 2017
Posts: 126
Location: United States
Re: To go or not to go? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2018, 14:34
bb10 wrote:
Apply again - you are young and have room for improvement both on GMAT and work experience.

I'd actually suggest waiting 2 years 0 apply when you have 5 years of work ex


Given that the OP has decided to time off of work, wouldn't that impact his decision this year though?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Mar 2018
Posts: 2
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Re: To go or not to go? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2018, 17:43
Appreciate the help and feedback! Not 100% but very strongly leaning towards Goizueta. I have access to strong networks in ATL & DC through family and am very concerned that re-applying would weaken my candidacy, not strengthen it, due to the gap in employment I'm committed to over the next 2-3 months. Beyond that, I believe that Goizueta's a strong school, I'll just have to be pro-active from the start of school in seeking opportunities.
SVP
SVP
User avatar
P
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 1612
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: To go or not to go? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2018, 18:45
az123s wrote:
Appreciate the help and feedback! Not 100% but very strongly leaning towards Goizueta. I have access to strong networks in ATL & DC through family and am very concerned that re-applying would weaken my candidacy, not strengthen it, due to the gap in employment I'm committed to over the next 2-3 months. Beyond that, I believe that Goizueta's a strong school, I'll just have to be pro-active from the start of school in seeking opportunities.


You have got nice experience and great schools and scholarship. I liked your rational and agree Emroy's choice. Its place in Atlanta will give you access to office of Bain and others. Emory's career service is supportive and its stats are great. Go ahead. Enjoy your time before schools.

Good luck in your both journeys :-)
Re: To go or not to go?   [#permalink] 22 Mar 2018, 18:45
Display posts from previous: Sort by

To go or not to go?

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Wilch, teleste, jessepinkman



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.