It is currently 20 Nov 2017, 10:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Tuck Dartmouth: Class of 2017 - Calling all waitlisted applicants

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

How can GMAT Club help you in getting off the Waitlist?

• 0% [0]
  • 0% [0]
  • 42% [3]
  • 57% [4]
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Schools: Tuck '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 680 Q42 V41
GPA: 3.74
Re: Tuck Dartmouth: Class of 2017 - Calling all waitlisted applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2015, 18:48
mbain15 wrote:
sunny1987 wrote:
Hi all!

Part of me still can't believe it but I got "the call" earlier this afternoon. I'm heading to Tuck!

I've been on the wait list since December and had honestly just about given up hope that there were any spots still available for us waitlisters. There IS movement - please don't lose hope! Best of luck to all still waiting.

Congrats! They didn't reach out to you at all before this afternoon?

Hi! I hadn't received any 'unsolicited' communication from the admissions committee prior to the phone call yesterday. When I was placed on the wait list in December, I figured my GMAT score was my weakest part of the application so I immediately started to study for the test again. I took the test at the end of March and got a better score so sent an update to the adcom. I received a response within a few days from a member of the adcom with subject line: Tuck Waitlist Feedback. This was at the beginning of April so right around the time our wait list letters told us to expect some communication from the adcom. The letter was very pleasant (although noncommittal) and basically said something like "thank you for your patience. this is a very competitive year. don't expect any movement until late May at the earliest." The note did say that my GMAT score was of concern but that the committee was pleased to see that I had already retaken the exam. I then took the exam a second time in late April (thinking if nothing else that it would be nice to have a higher score when re-applying next year) and managed to add some additional points to my score. I sent another short update with my new score and got a pleasant response but again noncommittal (very beginning of May). And then the call I had been hoping for yesterday :) Please let me know if you have additional questions :)

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 8 [1], given: 0

Schools: Tuck '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 680 Q42 V41
GPA: 3.74
Re: Tuck Dartmouth: Class of 2017 - Calling all waitlisted applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2015, 18:50
This post received
KUDOS
kabayero14 wrote:
Congrats to all who are getting of the waitlist.

Could you tell us what you have done so far? Have you contacted admissions? Sent any updates? or have you just been patient and waiting for the call?

I have sent a couple of emails to admissions mentioning some professional updates and have received the traditional replay: "we'll add this to your profile" but still nothing that could hint any good news.

Hi! See my response from a few minutes ago with my 'wait list story' - fingers crossed for those still waiting.

Kudos [?]: 8 [1], given: 0

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 11

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V36
GMAT 2: 620 Q42 V36
GPA: 3
WE: Project Management (Consumer Products)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 May 2015, 16:30
sunny1987 wrote:
kabayero14 wrote:
Congrats to all who are getting of the waitlist.

Could you tell us what you have done so far? Have you contacted admissions? Sent any updates? or have you just been patient and waiting for the call?

I have sent a couple of emails to admissions mentioning some professional updates and have received the traditional replay: "we'll add this to your profile" but still nothing that could hint any good news.

Hi! See my response from a few minutes ago with my 'wait list story' - fingers crossed for those still waiting.

Thanks sunny1987, I have sent a couple of updates on some coursework and professional development. My feedback letter said that everything was OK apparently, still no good news from Tuck so far. I really hope I get in since it its my clear number one choice.

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 11

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 8

GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40

Show Tags

New post 24 May 2015, 10:50
Hi guys! Congrats to everyone who has been admitted from the waitlist!
I was wondering if I could get some advice. I am going to be sending Tuck an update letter this week and I am wondering whether I should mention that I have been admitted to another school (LBS). Any thoughts?

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 8

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 43 [0], given: 17

GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
WE: Sales (Other)

Show Tags

New post 24 May 2015, 11:08
kasiaw99 wrote:
Hi guys! Congrats to everyone who has been admitted from the waitlist!
I was wondering if I could get some advice. I am going to be sending Tuck an update letter this week and I am wondering whether I should mention that I have been admitted to another school (LBS). Any thoughts?

Can't hurt in my opinion

Kudos [?]: 43 [0], given: 17

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 26 May 2015, 10:56
Seems like they let in a decent chunk of people the last 2 weeks. Think the class is basically full at this point?

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 3

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Schools: Tuck '17 (WL)
GPA: 3.65

Show Tags

New post 29 May 2015, 10:15
STATUS UPDATE: STILL ON THE WAITLIST (SINCE DECEMBER).

I received feedback from Amy Mitson in mid-February saying that my GMAT score could be improved and that my GMAT was my main weakness. Unfortunately we lost one of five members on our team at work and so I've been working 16-18 hour days and until recently have not been able to study/re-take the GMAT.

I finally now have time to study and re-take the GMAT, so I will be re-taking the GMAT at the end of June, but it may be too late by then.

I will post any updates regarding my waitlist status as soon as I hear from the adcom.

GOOD LUCK to everyone that is still on the waitlist. RV

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 3

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 29 May 2015, 12:27
Just confirming there are others out there that haven't seen any feedback right? I don't want to reach out if there are still others in this position.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 7

Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V43
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2015, 22:30
mbain15 wrote:
Just confirming there are others out there that haven't seen any feedback right? I don't want to reach out if there are still others in this position.

I am in the same boat - no feedback yet!

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 7

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 9 [1], given: 1

Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36

Show Tags

New post 03 Jun 2015, 00:49
This post received
KUDOS
So last night I received the call... I have to say I'm extremely happy about it! Now I have to choose, but I think I already chose...

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 03 Jun 2015, 04:50
rk66 wrote:
So last night I received the call... I have to say I'm extremely happy about it! Now I have to choose, but I think I already chose...

Congrats! What do you think you are going to choose?

Also random question for those that got in off the WL, did any of you get any $$ from the school?

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 43 [1], given: 17

GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
WE: Sales (Other)

Show Tags

New post 03 Jun 2015, 06:26
This post received
KUDOS
mbain15 wrote:
rk66 wrote:

Congrats! What do you think you are going to choose?

Also random question for those that got in off the WL, did any of you get any $$ from the school?

And how long do they give you to figure it out!

Kudos [?]: 43 [1], given: 17

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2015, 03:26
This post received
KUDOS
To me they said the deposit is due on 9th of June, I have no idea whether they gave me any $$ as I haven't received my package, but I highly doubt there would be any $$. I also receive some $$ from Johnson, but it will be Tuck for me...

If you have any other questions lemme know..

1 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator

Kudos [?]: 94 [1], given: 58

GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Jun 2015, 02:48
This post received
KUDOS
rk66 wrote:
To me they said the deposit is due on 9th of June, I have no idea whether they gave me any $$ as I haven't received my package, but I highly doubt there would be any $$. I also receive some $$ from Johnson, but it will be Tuck for me...

If you have any other questions lemme know..

Could you share with us a brief description of your profile as an applicant?

Thanks!!

Kudos [?]: 94 [1], given: 58

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 08 Jun 2015, 04:57
This post received
KUDOS
I guess :)

White male from CEE region, have bachelor's and master's degree (both business / economics) from a CEE university - lowish GPA (had reasons), now work as a financial analyst for a big international company (pretty well-known brand). I am and always have been big on contact sports, which I did at a decent level and started coaching since...

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 08 Jun 2015, 08:17
im off waiting list! but im in the process of relocation....

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 08 Jun 2015, 08:24
mbaapply2014 wrote:

Congrats! Did you get the call this morning?

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 08 Jun 2015, 08:29
mbain15 wrote:
mbaapply2014 wrote:

Congrats! Did you get the call this morning?

just got the call. btw im in singapore so it's morning time US i guess :lol:

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 12 Jun 2015, 07:20
Has anyone from R2 or R3 WL been released or gotten any feedback yet?
The radio silence seems weird as it is June 12th...

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 13 Jun 2015, 11:55
bschoolstuff wrote:
Has anyone from R2 or R3 WL been released or gotten any feedback yet?
The radio silence seems weird as it is June 12th...

nope. haven't heard anything since the auto acknowledgement of getting on the WL. sent adcom an email last week to express my continued interest, but never got a response.

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

Re: Tuck Dartmouth: Class of 2017 - Calling all waitlisted applicants   [#permalink] 13 Jun 2015, 11:55

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6    Next  [ 118 posts ] 

Tuck Dartmouth: Class of 2017 - Calling all waitlisted applicants

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: mbsingh

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap