Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 04:56 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 04:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel

How can GMAT Club help you in getting off the Waitlist?

0% [0]
0% [0]
42% [3]
57% [4]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V36
GMAT 2: 660 Q44 V36
WE:Project Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
Re: Tuck Dartmouth: Class of 2017 - Calling all waitlisted applicants [#permalink]
kabayero14 wrote:
rk66 wrote:
I received an e-mail from Patricia Harrison - feedback / opportunity to provide updates. So I did yesterday, I guess all of you received similar e-mails from the admissions committee?

I received a similar email from Amy Mitson yesterday. Hope to get good news in May.

nope no correspondence from Tuck since the confirmation for the waitlist
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V35
GMAT 2: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.2
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Tuck Dartmouth: Class of 2017 - Calling all waitlisted applicants [#permalink]
I got a similar email from Amy Mitson yesterday..No further action recommended to me.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.34
WE:Corporate Finance (Consumer Products)
Send PM
I've received nothing from Tuck since confirmation of waitlist.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
also got an email with no further action recommended. the WL might move some in late may but most likely it will be jun/jul.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
I think that next week is going to be critical. Today deposits were due for admitted students. Next week, the Admissions Team will have a good idea on how the class has shaped. Of course it is not in stone as: (1) They may have granted extension of deposit dues to unique/exception candidates (2) Tuck can be the backup school for some registering and are waiting on another top 10 (3) Accepted Students can opt later to defer for another year. I hired an MBA Consultant very familiar with Tuck and the advice is as follows: It really is going to come down to how you compare to other applicants who were accepted with similar profiles to you. The word "profile" is loaded as that can mean professional industry, gender, ethnicity, etc. If you are a "underrepresented candidate" (African American, Latino, Native American, etc) and they are not yielding in any of those sub-segments, your application will be revisited in a few weeks. I was also made aware that "part" of the Admissions Team looks unfavorably to candidates not currently employed, whether it be by choice or not. So if you quit your job to travel or were fired, it doesn't matter, you will be a topic of their meetings and will be debated. So if this is you, this can hurt you. If you have alumni that are willing to write a letter for you, make sure it is coming from someone that knows your potential in a professional setting. If it is just someone that knows you casually, then an e-mail endorsing you will be more suitable. Also note that more offers were extended than can be accomadated (~280 Tuck Class, approximately 400 offers were extended if not more, so we shouldnt get to excited that many of us will leave this WL purgatory).

This process has been VERY painful for me. All I can say is whoever is waiting till the end on a favorable Tuck result, like myself, we need to remain positive. At the same time, we need to prepare for a plan B. That is either accepting elsewhere or prepare mentally to apply again.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Did anyone else not hear anything this week?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
ANyone heard from Admissions committee? I didn't hear anything so far.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 65 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
Very quiet here..
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
Send PM
I guess until the end of May it will stay that way :( Some people are probably already set on other options and some are quietly praying...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Maybe there are just a lot of people on the waitlist and its taking a long time to give feedback to everybody. Hopefully we hear something soon!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
I have some good news for us wait-listers. I was communicated Friday on my feedback call that the they will be going to the wait list more so this year than previous years. (Yay!) Good luck to us all!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 65 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
I've been checking my spam folder more than usual - seems Tuck finds itself there lots. Fingers crossed everyone.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
revul wrote:
I've been checking my spam folder more than usual - seems Tuck finds itself there lots. Fingers crossed everyone.

Did you find something in there from them recently?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
JittersforAdmissions, you mentioned a feedback call: I have some good news for us wait-listers. I was communicated Friday on my feedback call that the they will be going to the wait list more so this year than previous years. (Yay!) Good luck to us all!!!

Did you initiate this call or did Admissions? I received a feedback email but nothing more... Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Hi, they called me. I just started asking a lot of questions on the process... And that news was delivered.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V43
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
No communication here either :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Any guesses for what it means for those of us who haven't received any feedback yet? Seems strange they would spread the feedback out so much if it didn't mean anything.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts