It is currently 16 Aug 2017, 16:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2018 - Calling All Applicants!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 14 Oct 2014
Posts: 90

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 9

Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q46 V48
GPA: 3.47
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2018 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 15:24
Well that was disappointing. I was at least hoping to receive the rejection letter today

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 9

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Sep 2015
Posts: 18

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 12

GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V35
WE: Consulting (Health Care)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2018 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 15:48
whitman wrote:
Well that was disappointing. I was at least hoping to receive the rejection letter today


Relax!!
You might be waitlisted!!

Good Luck!!

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 12

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 22 Feb 2016
Posts: 54

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 2

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2018 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 16:08
Well that was the worst.

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 2

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 14 Oct 2014
Posts: 90

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 9

Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q46 V48
GPA: 3.47
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2018 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 16:10
Did you get a decision?

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 9

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Dec 2015
Posts: 12

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2018 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 16:11
.

Last edited by Gargantuan on 18 May 2016, 16:56, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Sep 2015
Posts: 18

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 12

GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V35
WE: Consulting (Health Care)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2018 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 16:13
whitman wrote:
Did you get a decision?


Nope I have not received anything

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 12

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 25 Apr 2013
Posts: 14

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 2

Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GMAT 2: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.55
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2018 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 16:13
Just got waitlisted as well.

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Sep 2015
Posts: 18

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 12

GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V35
WE: Consulting (Health Care)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2018 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 16:17
GJ6 wrote:
I just got waitlisted.


Just saw the email, im out of the race!!

Been great reading about all of you...

Good luck guys!!

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 12

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 04 Feb 2016
Posts: 8

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2018 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 16:22
Rejected just now. Not surprising given my other rejections but still tough given that it was my top choice and I really enjoyed my visit/interview this past December. Starting to write off this year's cycle now.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Posts: 62

Kudos [?]: 13 [1] , given: 1

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2018 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 16:22
1
This post received
KUDOS
Kirlain wrote:
Just got waitlisted as well.


Email says "Tuck puts very few people on the waitlist" but seems like everyone and their mom got on the waitlist according to clearadmit.

Kudos [?]: 13 [1] , given: 1

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Aug 2015
Posts: 60

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 3

Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.64
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2018 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 16:23
Wait listed. That really complicates my decision!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 3

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 25 Apr 2013
Posts: 14

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 2

Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GMAT 2: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.55
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2018 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 16:33
DoorDelano wrote:
Kirlain wrote:
Just got waitlisted as well.


Email says "Tuck puts very few people on the waitlist" but seems like everyone and their mom got on the waitlist according to clearadmit.


Yeah, I got that feeling as well. Admissions is always a secretive process so I guess we'll never know.

Good luck to everyone and their remaining decisions!

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 2

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 14 Oct 2014
Posts: 90

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 9

Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q46 V48
GPA: 3.47
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2018 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 16:45
Wow straight up denied. Thought I'd at least get WLed. Interview went well. Tough cycle

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 9

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 17 Feb 2016
Posts: 29

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 2

Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2018 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 17:55
Kirlain wrote:
DoorDelano wrote:
Kirlain wrote:
Just got waitlisted as well.


Email says "Tuck puts very few people on the waitlist" but seems like everyone and their mom got on the waitlist according to clearadmit.


Yeah, I got that feeling as well. Admissions is always a secretive process so I guess we'll never know.

Good luck to everyone and their remaining decisions!


Waitlisted... Tuck claims this is a 'positive response' but I get the sense there is a pretty deep bench...

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 2

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 17 Feb 2016
Posts: 29

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 2

Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2018 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2016, 09:40
According to Poets and Quants, Tuck's yield is 52%. For a class size of 286, that means they accept 550 applicants... And that's all I have! I wish we could piece the information together better. We have class size, acceptance rate by round, yield. If we could get total applicants by round, we could make some assumptions as to yield per round and then have an idea of the waitlist size!!!

My guess is that the waitlist is much larger than Tuck is letting on, and our chances are significantly worse than when we started this crazy ride! (18% acceptance rate for Jan round, <5% acceptance rate from waitlist)

Average acceptance rate is 20% (24% round 1, 23% round 2, 18% round 3, 8% round 4).

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 2

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Aug 2015
Posts: 60

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 3

Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.64
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2018 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2016, 09:53
caw wrote:
According to Poets and Quants, Tuck's yield is 52%. For a class size of 286, that means they accept 550 applicants... And that's all I have! I wish we could piece the information together better. We have class size, acceptance rate by round, yield. If we could get total applicants by round, we could make some assumptions as to yield per round and then have an idea of the waitlist size!!!

My guess is that the waitlist is much larger than Tuck is letting on, and our chances are significantly worse than when we started this crazy ride! (18% acceptance rate for Jan round, <5% acceptance rate from waitlist)

Average acceptance rate is 20% (24% round 1, 23% round 2, 18% round 3, 8% round 4).


This seems pessimistic to me. First, I would imagine a significant portion of people on the wait list pull themselves off well before ever hearing a yes/no from Tuck. Second, that 550 accepted number would include wait listed applicants who were accepted as well. If the rate of acceptance of wait listed apps was less than 5% there's really no reason for a wait list. I honestly think it's probably over 50%


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 3

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 17 Feb 2016
Posts: 29

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 2

Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2018 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2016, 10:11
gbout3 wrote:
caw wrote:
According to Poets and Quants, Tuck's yield is 52%. For a class size of 286, that means they accept 550 applicants... And that's all I have! I wish we could piece the information together better. We have class size, acceptance rate by round, yield. If we could get total applicants by round, we could make some assumptions as to yield per round and then have an idea of the waitlist size!!!

My guess is that the waitlist is much larger than Tuck is letting on, and our chances are significantly worse than when we started this crazy ride! (18% acceptance rate for Jan round, <5% acceptance rate from waitlist)

Average acceptance rate is 20% (24% round 1, 23% round 2, 18% round 3, 8% round 4).


This seems pessimistic to me. First, I would imagine a significant portion of people on the wait list pull themselves off well before ever hearing a yes/no from Tuck. Second, that 550 accepted number would include wait listed applicants who were accepted as well. If the rate of acceptance of wait listed apps was less than 5% there's really no reason for a wait list. I honestly think it's probably over 50%


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


gbout3, I hope you are right!! I think 50% seems very high for a waitlist... Livewire has 39 ppl on the waitlist from the January round as compared to only 25 ppl who were admitted from the January round. If this sliver of applicants is indicative of the general pool, there is a big waitlist! The WL could easily be 200+. In a class of 286, what % do you think comes off the waitlist? It would be cool to know WL acceptance rate... Perhaps it is higher than the general 20% acceptance rate!

Either way, best of luck to everybody! This is clearly a positive reflection on Tuck!

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 2

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Aug 2015
Posts: 60

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 3

Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.64
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2018 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2016, 10:13
caw wrote:
gbout3 wrote:
caw wrote:
According to Poets and Quants, Tuck's yield is 52%. For a class size of 286, that means they accept 550 applicants... And that's all I have! I wish we could piece the information together better. We have class size, acceptance rate by round, yield. If we could get total applicants by round, we could make some assumptions as to yield per round and then have an idea of the waitlist size!!!

My guess is that the waitlist is much larger than Tuck is letting on, and our chances are significantly worse than when we started this crazy ride! (18% acceptance rate for Jan round, <5% acceptance rate from waitlist)

Average acceptance rate is 20% (24% round 1, 23% round 2, 18% round 3, 8% round 4).


This seems pessimistic to me. First, I would imagine a significant portion of people on the wait list pull themselves off well before ever hearing a yes/no from Tuck. Second, that 550 accepted number would include wait listed applicants who were accepted as well. If the rate of acceptance of wait listed apps was less than 5% there's really no reason for a wait list. I honestly think it's probably over 50%


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


gbout3, I hope you are right!! I think 50% seems very high for a waitlist... Livewire has 39 ppl on the waitlist from the January round as compared to only 25 ppl who were admitted from the January round. If this sliver of applicants is indicative of the general pool, there is a big waitlist! The WL could easily be 200+. In a class of 286, what % do you think comes off the waitlist? It would be cool to know WL acceptance rate... Perhaps it is higher than the general 20% acceptance rate!

Either way, best of luck to everybody! This is clearly a positive reflection on Tuck!


Well if the yield for the class is 52%, I would imagine that's close to the same yield of the wait list. Personally I am leaning towards declining my wait list spot, but I want to wait until next week to see if I hear back from my last two schools. So if you factor that in, the wait list probably is not nearly as big as it appears now


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 3

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Nov 2015
Posts: 19

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 2

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2018 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2016, 11:31
"Applications can be re-reviewed by the Admissions Committee at any time, but this typically happens between May and July."

Does anyone have any snippets of info on the timing of getting accepted from the wait list? Does Tuck not expect me to get into another school and wait around until possibly July for possible acceptance? For active duty military, we submit our letters of resignation 10 months in advance so we don't have the option of keeping our job if we get dinged. I will be searching for jobs between May and July. Gotta pay the bills! And because family medical stuff, we'd need to search out the hospital in our new town and visit several times several months in advance to facilitate the transfer. This is essentially a ding for me.

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 2

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Posts: 62

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 1

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2018 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2016, 15:01
klaxon wrote:
"Applications can be re-reviewed by the Admissions Committee at any time, but this typically happens between May and July."

Does anyone have any snippets of info on the timing of getting accepted from the wait list? Does Tuck not expect me to get into another school and wait around until possibly July for possible acceptance? For active duty military, we submit our letters of resignation 10 months in advance so we don't have the option of keeping our job if we get dinged. I will be searching for jobs between May and July. Gotta pay the bills! And because family medical stuff, we'd need to search out the hospital in our new town and visit several times several months in advance to facilitate the transfer. This is essentially a ding for me.


May and July?! :shock:

Does anyone know when they do the drawing for dorms? I really liked the dorms concept, but seems like there is zilch chance of that happening now.

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 1

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2018 - Calling All Applicants!   [#permalink] 12 Mar 2016, 15:01

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41    Next  [ 820 posts ] 

    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
26 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! mbsingh 43 15 Aug 2017, 12:12
15 Experts publish their posts in the topic Tuck (Dartmouth) Class of 2018: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!! xploSID 76 05 Jul 2016, 15:11
11 Experts publish their posts in the topic Tuck (Dartmouth) Class of 2018: Calling all Admitted Students!! kheown 33 15 Aug 2017, 10:37
245 Experts publish their posts in the topic Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants! GrantMeAdmission 1304 31 Jul 2015, 10:00
673 Experts publish their posts in the topic Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! GrantMeAdmission 1556 22 Jul 2014, 16:58
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2018 - Calling All Applicants!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.