Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 19:27 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 19:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V35
WE:Consulting (Health Care)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q46 V48
GPA: 3.47
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2018 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]

Originally posted by Gargantuan on 11 Mar 2016, 16:11.
Last edited by Gargantuan on 18 May 2016, 16:56, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
whitman wrote:
Did you get a decision?

Nope I have not received anything
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GMAT 2: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.55
Send PM
Just got waitlisted as well.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GJ6 wrote:
I just got waitlisted.

Just saw the email, im out of the race!!

Been great reading about all of you...

Good luck guys!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Rejected just now. Not surprising given my other rejections but still tough given that it was my top choice and I really enjoyed my visit/interview this past December. Starting to write off this year's cycle now.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
Kirlain wrote:

Email says "Tuck puts very few people on the waitlist" but seems like everyone and their mom got on the waitlist according to clearadmit.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.64
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Wait listed. That really complicates my decision!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GMAT 2: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.55
Send PM
DoorDelano wrote:
Kirlain wrote:

Email says "Tuck puts very few people on the waitlist" but seems like everyone and their mom got on the waitlist according to clearadmit.

Yeah, I got that feeling as well. Admissions is always a secretive process so I guess we'll never know.

Good luck to everyone and their remaining decisions!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q46 V48
GPA: 3.47
Send PM
Wow straight up denied. Thought I'd at least get WLed. Interview went well. Tough cycle
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
Send PM
Kirlain wrote:
DoorDelano wrote:
Kirlain wrote:

Yeah, I got that feeling as well. Admissions is always a secretive process so I guess we'll never know.

Good luck to everyone and their remaining decisions!

Waitlisted... Tuck claims this is a 'positive response' but I get the sense there is a pretty deep bench...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
According to Poets and Quants, Tuck's yield is 52%. For a class size of 286, that means they accept 550 applicants... And that's all I have! I wish we could piece the information together better. We have class size, acceptance rate by round, yield. If we could get total applicants by round, we could make some assumptions as to yield per round and then have an idea of the waitlist size!!!

My guess is that the waitlist is much larger than Tuck is letting on, and our chances are significantly worse than when we started this crazy ride! (18% acceptance rate for Jan round, <5% acceptance rate from waitlist)

Average acceptance rate is 20% (24% round 1, 23% round 2, 18% round 3, 8% round 4).
Manager
Manager
Send PM
caw wrote:
According to Poets and Quants, Tuck's yield is 52%. For a class size of 286, that means they accept 550 applicants... And that's all I have! I wish we could piece the information together better. We have class size, acceptance rate by round, yield. If we could get total applicants by round, we could make some assumptions as to yield per round and then have an idea of the waitlist size!!!

My guess is that the waitlist is much larger than Tuck is letting on, and our chances are significantly worse than when we started this crazy ride! (18% acceptance rate for Jan round, <5% acceptance rate from waitlist)

Average acceptance rate is 20% (24% round 1, 23% round 2, 18% round 3, 8% round 4).

This seems pessimistic to me. First, I would imagine a significant portion of people on the wait list pull themselves off well before ever hearing a yes/no from Tuck. Second, that 550 accepted number would include wait listed applicants who were accepted as well. If the rate of acceptance of wait listed apps was less than 5% there's really no reason for a wait list. I honestly think it's probably over 50%

Intern
Intern
Send PM
gbout3 wrote:
caw wrote:

This seems pessimistic to me. First, I would imagine a significant portion of people on the wait list pull themselves off well before ever hearing a yes/no from Tuck. Second, that 550 accepted number would include wait listed applicants who were accepted as well. If the rate of acceptance of wait listed apps was less than 5% there's really no reason for a wait list. I honestly think it's probably over 50%

gbout3, I hope you are right!! I think 50% seems very high for a waitlist... Livewire has 39 ppl on the waitlist from the January round as compared to only 25 ppl who were admitted from the January round. If this sliver of applicants is indicative of the general pool, there is a big waitlist! The WL could easily be 200+. In a class of 286, what % do you think comes off the waitlist? It would be cool to know WL acceptance rate... Perhaps it is higher than the general 20% acceptance rate!

Either way, best of luck to everybody! This is clearly a positive reflection on Tuck!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
caw wrote:
gbout3 wrote:
caw wrote:

gbout3, I hope you are right!! I think 50% seems very high for a waitlist... Livewire has 39 ppl on the waitlist from the January round as compared to only 25 ppl who were admitted from the January round. If this sliver of applicants is indicative of the general pool, there is a big waitlist! The WL could easily be 200+. In a class of 286, what % do you think comes off the waitlist? It would be cool to know WL acceptance rate... Perhaps it is higher than the general 20% acceptance rate!

Either way, best of luck to everybody! This is clearly a positive reflection on Tuck!

Well if the yield for the class is 52%, I would imagine that's close to the same yield of the wait list. Personally I am leaning towards declining my wait list spot, but I want to wait until next week to see if I hear back from my last two schools. So if you factor that in, the wait list probably is not nearly as big as it appears now

Intern
Intern
Send PM
"Applications can be re-reviewed by the Admissions Committee at any time, but this typically happens between May and July."

Does anyone have any snippets of info on the timing of getting accepted from the wait list? Does Tuck not expect me to get into another school and wait around until possibly July for possible acceptance? For active duty military, we submit our letters of resignation 10 months in advance so we don't have the option of keeping our job if we get dinged. I will be searching for jobs between May and July. Gotta pay the bills! And because family medical stuff, we'd need to search out the hospital in our new town and visit several times several months in advance to facilitate the transfer. This is essentially a ding for me.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
klaxon wrote:
"Applications can be re-reviewed by the Admissions Committee at any time, but this typically happens between May and July."

Does anyone have any snippets of info on the timing of getting accepted from the wait list? Does Tuck not expect me to get into another school and wait around until possibly July for possible acceptance? For active duty military, we submit our letters of resignation 10 months in advance so we don't have the option of keeping our job if we get dinged. I will be searching for jobs between May and July. Gotta pay the bills! And because family medical stuff, we'd need to search out the hospital in our new town and visit several times several months in advance to facilitate the transfer. This is essentially a ding for me.

May and July?! :shock:

Does anyone know when they do the drawing for dorms? I really liked the dorms concept, but seems like there is zilch chance of that happening now.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: Tuck Spotlight: Kelly Stuart T’97, creator of Scrub Bugs

Kelly Stuart T’97 has almost 20 years of experience building brands and bringing new products to life for consumer goods companies such as Gillette and Procter & Gamble. She is also a mother of two amazing little girls ages six and two.

Kelly is currently launching a new product: Scrub Bugs, surgeon-inspired hand scrubbers for kids. Scrub Bugs are creating an entirely new category of healthy hygiene for kids.

Back her mission by supporting her Kickstarter campaign.

1. What was the exact moment when you first felt like you were a part of Tuck’s community?

In the first assembly you attend when you arrive at Tuck, the administration describes the backgrounds of your classmates and the two year journey on which you are about to embark. It was at this moment that I realized I was officially part of a very special community filled with incredibly talented and motivated people.

2. Who had a profound impact on you during your time at Tuck and why?

Professor Shank was the most amazing teacher. He was incredibly demanding, but made learning fun. He was a true legend at the school.

3. What’s your favorite Tuck/Dartmouth/Hanover/Upper Valley event and why?

The Covered Bridges Half Marathon. It is a beautiful run with strong sense of community.

4. Fill in the blank: every visitor to the Upper Valley needs to_____.

go to the Quechee Hot Air Balloon Festival.

5. What’s a challenge that you’re currently working on solving? Or perhaps a world problem you’d like to see solved?

I am currently launching a product for kids to improve their hand washing effectiveness. Hands are the #1 carriers of sickness causing germs so cleaner hands means healthier kids.

6. What do you personally feel is the key to good leadership?

Embracing the concept of servant leadership. It makes teams feel motivated, empowered, and inspired.

7. Outside of work, what do you like to do for fun?

I love spending time with my kids and family. I also like to ski, run, and recently I have started to learn how to play squash along with my older daughter.

8. What would your theme song be?

"It’s My Life" by Bon Jovi. It’s somewhat of a stretch, but for the first time I am jumping off the corporate track to pursue a dream of starting my own business so it is very applicable in that sense.

9. What’s the best piece of advice you can offer on getting ahead? Or, what’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?

Figure out what you truly love to do and do it. Once you do this, getting ahead will come naturally.

10. What is one thing that people would be most surprised to learn about you?

I am secretly a country music fanatic. It is the only thing I will listen to in the car (and I have a long commute).
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts