Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 03:32 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 03:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.8
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: UCLA Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Kudos
Hi ,

Could you please evaluate my profile.

About Me:

Age - 27
GMAT - 760 (Q-51,V-41,IR-8,AWA-4)
Nationality: Indian
Undergrad: Chaitanya Bharathi Institute of Technology - Bachelor of Engineering(B.E) in Electronics and Communications - 65 % (one of the Top 100 colleges in India)
12th: 95.6%
10th: 84 %
Currently working as Consultant in Deloitte (4+ years)
Overall Work Experience - 66 Months (IT Industry)

Any tips or questions would be very much appreciated

Thanks for your time.
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Send PM
Re: UCLA Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi SaiEshwar3001,

Thank you for sharing your profile. Your profile looks good on the surface. Starting with the stats, your undergrad GPA is quite low, but your GMAT score is amazing and will help you to compensate for your low GPA. So, this part is pretty sorted.

For UCLA Anderson, beyond GMAT score, the adcom seeks to find the following attributes in their applicants:
1. Shared Success: The founding stone of Anderson believes that an individual can thrive in and with a community, and so when an individual wins, it is a collective victory.
2. Think Fearlessly: You should be able to think and go ‘above and beyond’ in every field you step in.
3. Drive Change: One should be able to drive a real, lasting change, a strong impact on the community, in the work, in the society.

You must include examples of the aspects mentioned above in your profile. You didn't share many details about your work experience, although it appears to be decent on the surface. Working at Deloitte must have broadened your global perspective. You'll need to demonstrate what you've learned from them. Talk about the projects you've worked on that have had an impact. Overall, your profile is good. However, to evaluate your profile thoroughly, I would like to learn more about your profile, such as the roles and responsibilities you have undertaken, impact, leadership, ECs, post-mba goals, and so on. I believe you must have many stories or experiences to share in your applications that will help you stand out. In addition, you may want to read an article on how to differentiate yourself in your MBA application essays; you will get the knowledge that will help you increase your chances of being admitted into the desired Business school.

If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and gauge your fit for the b-schools. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Profile Analyst & Community Manager, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com

SaiEshwar3001 wrote:
Hi ,

Could you please evaluate my profile.

About Me:

Age - 27
GMAT - 760 (Q-51,V-41,IR-8,AWA-4)
Nationality: Indian
Undergrad: Chaitanya Bharathi Institute of Technology - Bachelor of Engineering(B.E) in Electronics and Communications - 65 % (one of the Top 100 colleges in India)
12th: 95.6%
10th: 84 %
Currently working as Consultant in Deloitte (4+ years)
Overall Work Experience - 66 Months (IT Industry)

Any tips or questions would be very much appreciated

Thanks for your time.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 117 [0]
Given Kudos: 166
Send PM
Hi,
Would appreciate your support for profile evaluation-
UCLA MBA...
Nationality- Indian
GMAT- 770
Work Ex - 52months (day of enrollment)
International work ex - 29 months
Industry- oil and gas , epc sector
Position- procurement engineer
Currently spearheading edtech business venture of the company in middle east market.
Certification- SAP MM, SIX SIGNA GREEN BELT, BLACK BELT, PMP(PDU CERTIFICATE ONLY, EXAM IN DEC 2021)
work exp in countries such as nigeria, saudi arabia, dubai etc...
Post mba career - consulting (operations/scm)
Long term- to head scm /operations division with amazon or walmart ...

Target school-
Hass/UCLA

Good essays-7/10
LOR- all good as have some interesting stories and have led multiple projects for big clients like aramco , sabic etc...

Looking forward to hearing from you...
Cheers

BR
Sk

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GRE 1: Q165 V160
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Background: Mexican
Undergraduate: ITESM (Top LATAM university)/GPA: 85/100 (top 20%)
GRE: 325 (165Q/160V)
Work Experience: ~65 months of full-time work experience by matriculation.
4.5 years of experience in private equity at a US$1bn + fund in LATAM (1 year) then left to co-manage a small VC fund (spent 1.2 years there; US$5mm AUM) in Mexico. Once that fund was fully invested left to join a starting PE fund worked for 2.5 years there (4 promotions across work history). Recently joined a energy start-up in the US to gain more international experience prior to my MBA.

Post MBA Goals: Start my own ed-tech company or work at a ed-tech startup (think Coursera)

Strong LOR and Essays (draft but solid)

Extracurriculars
co-captain of Private equity fund football team
Spend 20 hours a year cleaning rivers and planting trees (not much free time in private equity)
in college spent over 300 hours helping a small organization focused on improving the quality of life in low income rural towns in Mexico (roughly spent 20 hours a month)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 630 Q48 V28
GRE 1: Q165 V156
Send PM
Hi,

Please evaluate my profile for UCLA

Nationality - Indian
Male - 28 years old

Academic Details-
10th - 74%
12th - 71.33%
Bachelor of Technology - 70.22% from Uttar Pradesh Technical University.

GRE Score - 321 (V156,Q165,AWA-3.5)

Work Experience-
Data Scientist with 70 months of experience in the field Supply Chain Management, Batch Analytics, and IT Operations, and leading more than 30 customer engagements.

Achievements -
2 Research Publication at IEEE conference
2 Patents
Winner of Larson and Toubro Finance - Fin Hack 2 - Hackathon in the year 2020
Winner of Digitate Ideathon - 2020
Winner of Digitate Ideathon - 2018
Head of the drama group 2013-14
President of Leadership Training Service Organization at School 2010-2011

Post MBA Goal - I wish to join a top startup in the short term to understand the technicalities of building one. Later, I wish to tap in the agricultural space and bridge the gap between producer and consumer.

Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: Ross '24 (WA)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Hi, please evaluate my profile. I am planning to apply for 2year Stem MBA ( specialization in consulting/finance ) in US [Round 2]. I’m a reapplicant at Duke, Ross, and, Cornell

Short term MBA goal : work as a consultant with firms, such as Mckinsey or BCG, and help global financial institutions solve strategic & operational issues.
Long term MBA Goal : To build a technology-driven banking option for India’s marginalized that merges the conveniences of Neo-banks with attributes of traditional banks.

About my profile:-
I am 29 year old Male from Mumbai, India. [ Nationality : Indian ]

Educational Qualification:-
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), CFA Institute (Virginia, USA) - Cleared all levels in 1st attempt, Top quartile in 9 out of 10 subjects
Chartered Accountancy (CPA Equivalent), ICAI (Delhi, India) - Cleared all levels in 1st attempt, Top 5% amongst 43,000 students
Bachelor of Commerce, HR College of Commerce and Economics (Mumbai, India) - Secured First Distinction with a cumulative grade of 80%

GMAT Score :- 740 ( Q50 V41 )

Work Experience:-
I worked at Drip Capital INC (US based Fintech Startup) as Senior Finance manager from Dec’18 - present ( 2 years & 11 months ) - got one promotion
I worked at ITC Limited as Assistant Finance Manager from Nov’15 – Dec’18 ( 3 years & 1 months )
Total years of experience : 6 years ( as of today )
While entering MBA : 6.6 years

Achievements & Participation :-
At Drip Capital INC
• First hire in the finance department; Conceptualized financial management and regulatory processes across USA, Mexico, and India, and built a 5-member core team
• Spearheaded financial due diligence for Series-B funding of $25M led by Sequoia Capital and Accel and collaborated with US-based capital market team for securing first banking line of credit of $40M
• Ideated and convinced the founder on reorganization of business operations for better tax efficiency and delivered tax savings of $400,000 on y-o-y basis

AT ITC Limited
• Steered a 5-member team to evaluate and implement major impact points of new indirect tax regime on 20 projects operating across 15 states of India, effectively regulating yearly tax benefit of $14M
• Customized and automated information workflow in SAP software, an improvement unique across both ITC and SAP India, Augmented compliance and reduced manual reconciliation by 200+ manhours on y-o-y basis
• Key member of core team; Collaborated on yearly budgeting and quarterly variance analysis of capital expenditure across operational turnkey projects worth $850M
• Mentored 10+ member core team having average experience of 10 years; Enhanced their productivity, 4 of them got promoted

Outside Work
• Avid trekker - Trekked across South India and the Himalayas, Volunteer at local trekking club
• I have undertaken multiple pro bono engagements, wherein I helped fellow CA students/graduates with their study plans, career projections, general advisory, etc.
I want to maximise the chances of my selection. Kindly advise I should apply to which Top 20 US based B-school
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 39
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.45
Send PM
Bookmarks
I'm asking an eval for a traditional MBA (2 yr) degree at UCLA:

Background and nationality - Indian
Undergrad Information - Econ Major from St Xavier's College, Mumbai University; CGPA - 3.45
GMAT- 740; V44 Q47

Work experience and leadership - 2.2 years full time work ex I have 7 months experience in product marketing at a small home automation/security business and 1.7 years experience as a product analyst for an OTT platform in a big tech company (Jio) that required me to perform many product management duties as well (Platform ownership, sprint planning, project management)
I have additional 6 months work ex being an editor (not a full time role) and some months experience participating in organizing a college festival but doubt that would be relevant.

Post MBA goals - I would like build on my current foundation to pursue product management in the consumer internet industry

Anything else?
I am currently also doing a 7 month Post grad certificate in product management in India and learning the basics of Python (as part of the course)

My primary concern is if my work experience and the quality of it would be a deal breaker - and if not- if I would have limited scholarship opportunity because of it
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8835 [1]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Bookmarks
Expert Reply

Profiles of UCLA Anderson admitted applicants

Hi Everyone,

We are collecting the profiles of those who got admission into UCLA Anderson. It would be a great insight for future applicants. If you got admitted into UCLA Anderson, I request you to share your profile with us by replying to this topic. You can use the following format to share your profile. Feel free to add any other details you would like to share.

Name/username:
Under-Graduate School :
Under-Graduate GPA:
GMAT/GRE Test scores:
Which Round did you apply in?:
Total Work Experience :
Pre-MBA Industry :
Target industry post-MBA:
Brief about Work Experience :
What is your relation to the Recommenders?(Manager. client etc):
Volunteering/Extra-curriculars:
International Experience :
Scholarship Given? :
Round Applied :
Why UNC Kenan-Flagler? :
The motivation for MBA and why Now brief? :
Short-Term Goal :
Long-Term Goal :
Link to your interview debrief:
(You can add your interview experience HERE and paste the link above )
Did you use the help of an MBA Consultant? :
Any comments, feelings, advice to share?:
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Mallika18,

Thank you for sharing your profile. Your profile looks good on the surface. Starting with the stats, your undergrad GPA is good, and you have a good GMAT score. So, this part is pretty sorted. Your work experience appears to be good on the work front, but I can't say much because you haven't provided much information. You'll need to speak about the roles and responsibilities you've taken on, as well as the impact you've had. You must ensure that it is shown in such a way that it appears progressive. You must include examples of instances when you outperformed your peers in the past. You can also demonstrate any instance in which you handled a leadership role with elegance and finesse. Try to connect your post-MBA goals to your previous work experience. For example, what skills do you lack, and how can a particular business school help you learn those skills and reach your goals.

Aside from GMAT scores, the adcom at UCLA Anderson looks for the following attributes in its applicants:
1. Shared Success: Anderson's foundational principle is that a person may flourish in and with a community and that when an individual succeeds, it is a group success.
2. Think Fearlessly: You should be able to think beyond the box and go above and beyond in any field you enter.
3. Influence Change: One should influence meaningful, long-term change in the neighborhood, at work, and in society.

Try to bring all these in your apps. Overall, you have a good profile and a decent chance at UCLA. However, I'd like to learn more about your work experience in order to identify your major USPs! And suggest you on scholarship as well. Your ECs are also missing. If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and further chances to b-schools. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Maximize your chances for top MBA programs in January intake

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Profile Analyst & Channel Manager, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials

Mallika18 wrote:
I'm asking an eval for a traditional MBA (2 yr) degree at UCLA:

Background and nationality - Indian
Undergrad Information - Econ Major from St Xavier's College, Mumbai University; CGPA - 3.45
GMAT- 740; V44 Q47

Work experience and leadership - 2.2 years full time work ex I have 7 months experience in product marketing at a small home automation/security business and 1.7 years experience as a product analyst for an OTT platform in a big tech company (Jio) that required me to perform many product management duties as well (Platform ownership, sprint planning, project management)
I have additional 6 months work ex being an editor (not a full time role) and some months experience participating in organizing a college festival but doubt that would be relevant.

Post MBA goals - I would like build on my current foundation to pursue product management in the consumer internet industry

Anything else?
I am currently also doing a 7 month Post grad certificate in product management in India and learning the basics of Python (as part of the course)

My primary concern is if my work experience and the quality of it would be a deal breaker - and if not- if I would have limited scholarship opportunity because of it
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 59
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35 (Online)
Send PM
Kudos
Request you to evaluate my profile:

Female, 24, Chartered Accountant (November 2019)
H.R. College of Commerce and Economics - GPA - 7.00/7.00, O grade in all semesters
12th - 95.2%
11th - 1st rank in school
10th - 94.8%

GMAT Score - 700 (Q-49, V-35)

Work experience -
Team Member, Corporate Strategy in a Fortune 500 company in the Oil and Gas sector, will complete 2 years in October 2022
- Youngest team member
- Involved in Financial Modelling, Valuation, Research, Accounting, preparing business plans
- Promoted in the 1st year

Internships -
As part of the CA curriculum, interned in two CA firms (one of them being a Big 4)
- Handled Audit, Direct Tax and Indirect Tax assignments

Volunteering Work - 2 NGOs where I mentor/mentored students in life and social skills

I am also an avid traveller. Have travelled to more than 20 countries in the past 12 years. I have learnt a lot from that. I was also a part of my school football team for two years but don't have any certificates to show for the same.

My primary concern right now is that I don't have a lot of extracurriculars and leadership instances to talk about right now. I wanted to know how do I work on it. Also do I have to retake GMAT to score atleast 740?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 615 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
purvi1997 wrote:

H.R. College of Commerce and Economics - GPA - 7.00/7.00, O grade in all semesters
12th - 95.2%
10th - 94.8%

Work experience -
Team Member, Corporate Strategy in a Fortune 500 company in the Oil and Gas sector, will complete 2 years in October 2022
- Youngest team member
- Involved in Financial Modelling, Valuation, Research, Accounting, preparing business plans

Internships -
As part of the CA curriculum, interned in two CA firms (one of them being a Big 4)

Volunteering Work - 2 NGOs where I mentor/mentored students in life and social skills

I am also an avid traveller. Have travelled to more than 20 countries in the past 12 years. I have learnt a lot from that. I was also a part of my school football team for two years but don't have any certificates to show for the same.

My primary concern right now is that I don't have a lot of extracurriculars and leadership instances to talk about right now. I wanted to know how do I work on it. Also do I have to retake GMAT to score atleast 740?

Hi purvi1997 you have a competitive profile for T25 B Schools. I would suggest that you start taking note of instances when you "led a function" or "led a functionality within a project", even when you may not necessarily have led the team as a leader or a manager. You could refer to my write up on how to think about ECs when you don't have many :

https://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-put-t ... l#p2943926

Your travelling escapades and deep insights into different cultures could be the highlight of the ECs for me. As far as your GMAT is concerned, the higher the better. A 730+ score with your profile (I would prefer a minimum 3-4 years of work-ex) would put me at ease as an admissions consultant.

Best wishes
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi purvi1997,

Thank you for sharing your profile. Well, your profile is competitive with a good career trajectory. However, your work experience is quite limited at the present, therefore I recommend that you build your profile and apply after gaining 3-4 years of work experience. Your travel stories will undoubtedly add diversity to your apps. To maximise your chances, you should retake your GMAT and aim for a score of 730 or higher. Also, to help you in building your profile you can take a look at our profile building program and start planning ahead. If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and discuss more. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Profile Analyst & Channel Manager, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials

purvi1997 wrote:

12th - 95.2%
10th - 94.8%

Work experience -
- Youngest team member

Internships -

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Technology, International Business
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GRE 1: Q168 V169
GPA: 3.75
WE:Marketing (Computer Software)
Send PM