Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 09:05 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 09:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GRE 1: Q163 V166
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Concentration: Sustainability, Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: Q168 V165
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
Send PM
Re: UCLA Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Kudos
770 GMAT, 4 years work-ex as a Software Developer
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
Re: UCLA Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Kudos
Got a call couple of hours back. Admitted and offered a 60K fellowship.

GRE:331, 5 years work experience and from Hyderabad, India.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [1]
Given Kudos: 29
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 2.84
Send PM
Kudos
Gmat-760.. work ex- 8+.. 1.5year international workex.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [1]
Given Kudos: 102
Concentration: Organizational Behavior, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
Name/username: lalkasu
Country/Location : India
GMAT/GRE Test scores: 760
Which Round did you apply in?: R2
Total Work Experience : 7+
Pre-MBA Industry : Technology Consulting (Sr. Scrum Master/ Project Manager)
Target industry post-MBA: Consulting
Brief about Work Experience : Multiple employers, not an ideal profile at all
What is your relation to the Recommenders?(Manager. client etc): Direct Supervisors (Service Delivery Manager/ Chief Information Security Officer)
Volunteering/Extra-curriculars:
International Experience : M.Sc. Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship Temple University / 1 year OPT
Scholarship Given? : $80k
Round Applied : R2
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V41
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Admitted on March 21. Via phone call and follow-up email, confirmed by a portal update this morning.

nyc based with 7 years engineering WE, 700 gmat
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [1]
Given Kudos: 25
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Kudos
Name/username: aliwebber2
Country/Location: United Kingdom
Under-Graduate School: University of Birmingham
Under-Graduate GPA: 3.7
GMAT/GRE Test scores: 730 (5th attempt!)
Which Round did you apply in?: 2
Total Work Experience : 5 years
Pre-MBA Industry : Cybersecurity and then investment management. Unemployed when I applied - learning software development.
Target industry post-MBA: Video gaming
Brief about Work Experience : Started in a fund, tried cybersecurity (sales) for a year, went back to a large investment management firm. Had a 1y gap in the middle, and have been unemployed for about a year and half, learning software development in order to get to grips with my target industry. Definitely a bit chaotic, but I feel the story makes sense.
What is your relation to the Recommenders?(Manager. client etc): Manager, colleague
Volunteering/Extra-curriculars: Directly involved with HealthGamer.gg, raised money for a few different charities in a number of different sports events including an English Channel swim.
International Experience: British born, but grew up in Hong Kong. Also lived in Geneva Switzerland for 2 years.
Scholarship Given? : Yes, 60K
Why Anderson?: Pretty much the best school for my target industry (and I love surfing!)
The motivation for MBA and why Now brief? : I had a lot of experience with the major gaming companies as an investment analyst, and was frustrated with them both as an analyst and a gamer myself. I felt there was a lot of money being left on the table, and that by getting an MBA I could use my other experience to improve that.
Short-Term Goal : Improve product management at Major VG studios
Long-Term Goal : Start my own VG business!
Did you use the help of an MBA Consultant? : Nope
Any comments, feelings, advice to share?: Anderson was extremely straightforward about the process and communicated well which was nice, and I had a really nice interview with them. When I was applying I was worried that 1) my experience being quite scattered was a problem and 2) the fact I was unemployed and had a large break in the middle of my experience would take me out of the running. But my rationale is pretty solid for why these 2 problems exist, and I think that UCLA was receptive to my explanation of that. So if you are in a similar spot, just make sure you are really clear on why you want to go to Anderson and why it is the right choice for your goals!

Originally posted by aliwebber2 on 23 Mar 2023, 23:38.
Last edited by aliwebber2 on 24 Mar 2023, 06:44, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41 (Online)
GPA: 3.61
Send PM
Gmat- 760, work ex -> 4+ in Fintech(VISA) & 3 in Agriculture Industry(Entrepreneurship), location - Kolkata, India
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Got in with 60k scholarship
Profile- 740, male, MBB consultant, 4yrs WE, india
Focused on energy and sustainability
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
please i would like to find out, for those who got admitted in round 1 or probably round 20 and has gotten their i20. what was the total amount that was listed in the i20 please
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi Everyone,

Please evaluate my profile

Demographics: Mumbai, India, Male, 24 yr.

Education: B.tech in Electronics and Communication, Lovely professional University( 2017 - 2021) with CGPA - 7.3
Class XII - 73.6% (MP Board, 2016-2017)
Class X - 7.3 CGPA (CBSE, 2015)

GMAT: My first attempt score is 710 (Verbal - 39, Quant - 48)

Work Experience - 2 yr full time + 1 yr Internship
* Started my career as Program Analyst Intern in Board Infinity(Edutech Startup) in May 2020(the final year of my B.tech).
* I worked as a program analyst for 6 months and got promoted after 6 months as associate program manager after the successful completion of multiple projects.
* In the year 2021 after a year of completion of my internship and college degree I got promoted to Category Manager, because I was a key member of the team during periods when the team was severely understaffed, always a top performer, automated lots of processes, responsible for multiple entities and for parts of the group consolidation.
* Currently, I am working as a Category Lead - Founder's Office in Board Infinity itself as a core team member. Managing a team of 16 and handling 3-4 verticals in the organisation.

KEY RESPONSIBILITIES

*Leading Team and Customer Strategy: As a seasoned professional, I have led a diverse team of 50 individuals across three verticals: Category Management, Operations, and B2B Partnerships. By fostering collaboration and utilizing my expertise in customer strategy, I have successfully conceptualized and executed end-to-end strategies to enhance customer satisfaction and drive business growth.
*Career Coaching and Student Mentorship: I formalized and mentored a team of career coaches to ensure effective guidance and support for students. By understanding their program outcomes, I facilitated a productive learning environment and helped students achieve their goals.
*Profit and Loss Management: I have demonstrated expertise in managing portfolios with a monthly turnover of over 4 Crores INR. By leveraging my financial acumen, I effectively handled profit and loss responsibilities, optimizing financial outcomes and ensuring sustainable growth.
*Sales Collaboration and Performance Tracking: Collaborating closely with the sales team, I actively tracked their performance and provided valuable inputs to increase product sales. By aligning sales strategies with overall business objectives, I fostered a revenue-focused environment and achieved exceptional results.
Product Launch and Business Development: I played a pivotal role in launching new products, including courses, an online testing platform, and white-labeled products. Through comprehensive market research and strategic planning, I successfully expanded the product portfolio and drove revenue growth.
*Strategic Partnerships: I have built strong partnerships with renowned international clients in the education industry, such as Coursera and Springboard. Additionally, I collaborated with top management colleges in India, including XLRI, IIMs, IMTs, and IMIs, to foster mutually beneficial relationships and drive business expansion.
*Business Strategy and Content Management: I formulated comprehensive business strategies, optimizing content quality management processes to meet the evolving needs of educators and customers. By leveraging my expertise in content and curriculum design, I facilitated productive interactions and enhanced customer satisfaction.

LEADERSHIP ROLES AND POSITIONS OF RESPONSIBILITY :

Department of Youth Capital:

* Volunteered at the Department of Youth Capital, in the Division of Student Welfare, where I contributed to office management tasks.
* Successfully handled all Public Relation requirements and ensured the smooth functioning of different teams.
* Effectively managed office management tasks, including data entry, scheduling, and organising events.
* Developed strong organisational skills and attention to detail while single-handedly managing office management responsibilities.
* Collaborated with other volunteers to ensure seamless execution of events and projects.
*Headed and Conducted North India's biggest fest Youthvibe as Head of Relations.

Post MBA Objective

* Management Consulting
* Business Operations
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 619923 [0]
Given Kudos: 81628
Send PM
Expert Reply
UCLA Profile Evaluation
Introducing New Better Profile Evaluations on GMAT Club!

Considering your application to a B-School? The first step in this significant journey is to evaluate your profile to gauge where you stand among the vast pool of applicants. We're excited to introduce a NEW and IMPROVED consolidated list of tools and platforms available on GMAT Club to assist you in this endeavor.