Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 18:44 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 18:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 154 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2014 intake [#permalink]
Hey guys,

I just received my acceptance mail. Looking forward to study with you soon!
I just have one question left: does anyone of you know how the awarding of the fellowships works? Will you receive a notice already in your admission email or only in your official admission letter?
In my admission mail wasn't anything and I thought I might have a good shot at getting one of the 10 fellowships. So if anyone could help me to keep my hopes alive I would be grateful.

Thanks in advance!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Hey guys!

I'm sorry if this has been asked before but can anyone of you guys give me some feedback and advice on the letter of motivation? I mean, HSG requires a three letter statement and I feel that this is really a lot. Quite honestly, I'm struggling with this, and I find it very difficult to lay out my motivation on three pages without 'bs-ing' a lot and using generic phrases. How did you guys go about this? what did you write about specifically?

thanks a lot and hoping to see you guys in the fall :)

-Max
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey guys! Anyone accepted so far?? How long do they take to release the decision?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GRE 1: Q168 V158
Send PM
Antonkz22 wrote:
Hey guys! Anyone accepted so far?? How long do they take to release the decision?

I submitted my application around mid-April and received the admission letter about a week ago. What I am unsure about is whether I got admitted using the 70 or the 80-point rule, as my self-calculated GRE+GPA score was right on the edge (69 or 70 pts depending on which subjects are taken into consideration).

Anyways, apparently it is not uncommon for the decision process to take more than a month; just look at the threads from earlier years.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Solymosi wrote:
Antonkz22 wrote:

I submitted my application around mid-April and received the admission letter about a week ago. What I am unsure about is whether I got admitted using the 70 or the 80-point rule, as my self-calculated GRE+GPA score was right on the edge (69 or 70 pts depending on which subjects are taken into consideration).

Anyways, apparently it is not uncommon for the decision process to take more than a month; just look at the threads from earlier years.

Ι submitted mine at the beginning of April. Actually my status changed to materielle prufung II ok around 10 April. Could you please tell me your case in order to know what to expect? Thank you.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Antonkz22 wrote:
Ι submitted mine at the beginning of April. Actually my status changed to materielle prufung II ok around 10 April. Could you please tell me your case in order to know what to expect? Thank you.

According to the previous years' threads, "materielle Prüfung II ok" means that your materials have passed the general requirements (language, compatible Bachelor's degree, etc.) and are now being reviewed by the MBF Admissions Committee who will make the final decision. I had this status for about 2 weeks, before it changed to "zugelassen mit Vorbehalt".

I wish you the best of luck and hope we'll meet in September :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Antonkz22 wrote:

Hey, I submitted my documents around April 10th and last Friday my online status changed to accepted (zugalessen mit vorbehalt). A couple of days ago I received confirmation in the mail. Best of luck!

Solymosi, any idea if there is a facebook group for this years intake?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mjj wrote:

I haven't found any, so I created one:

https://facebook.com/groups/mbf2014

Alternative address (thanks to Skreth):

https://mbf2014.com

Originally posted by Solymosi on 16 May 2014, 00:48.
Last edited by Solymosi on 22 May 2014, 10:58, edited 3 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you for creating a FB group, Solymosi. I just purchase the domain www(dot)MBF2014(dot)com and forwarded the domain to your group adress to make it easier for everyone.

I applied somewhere at the end of April and now got a "definitiv zugelassen".

Generally, it takes about 4 weeks to find your status changed on the web portal, if you manage to get direct entry that is. Otherwise it might take up to two or three months. It's worth it though, as the program is intellectually rewarding.

Originally posted by Skreth on 17 May 2014, 11:54.
Last edited by Skreth on 17 May 2014, 12:30, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Skreth wrote:
Thank you for creating a FB group, Solymosi. I just purchase the domain www(dot)MBF2014(dot)com and forwarded the domain to your group adress to make it easier for everyone (the forwarding should become active within the next couple of hours).

Great! Although I've just set up a proper group address for the group, so you might want to change the redirect target to facebook(dot)com/groups/mbf2014.

Thanks and congrats for your admission :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Skreth wrote:
Thank you for creating a FB group, Solymosi. I just purchase the domain www(dot)MBF2014(dot)com and forwarded the domain to your group adress to make it easier for everyone.

I applied somewhere at the end of April and now got a "definitiv zugelassen".

Generally, it takes about 4 weeks to find your status changed on the web portal, if you manage to get direct entry that is. Otherwise it might take up to two or three months. It's worth it though, as the program is intellectually rewarding.

Could you please share your profile (gmat/gre, extracurr. etc) ?? thank you very much
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mjj wrote:
Antonkz22 wrote:

Hey, I submitted my documents around April 10th and last Friday my online status changed to accepted (zugalessen mit vorbehalt). A couple of days ago I received confirmation in the mail. Best of luck!

could you please share your profile (gmat/gre, extracurr. etc) ?? thank you very much
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Congrats to all who have been admitted so far! Best luck to those whose application is still pending! ;)

Guys, ready to meet you in September! :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Accepted yesterday! :D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Antonkz22 wrote:
Accepted yesterday! :D

Congrats & told you :-)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congrats to everyone who got accepted so far!
I was also accepted two days ago (applied on April 30th).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
snowden wrote:

Dear AbhiJ. First things first, let me clarify that this thread is for MBF and not the HSG MBA program. It is not fair to compare Rotman, LBS MBA fee with this MA program. ( if you had read the course description in detail you will see that MBF is no Masters of science but a Masters of Arts degree)

So the right comparison atleast for fees is the relevant courses. for example you can see that the HSG MBA is not cheap ,it costs 85,000 USD!!!
the HSG mba is a Joke. I have been to the "campus" to attend a few seminars. the HSG MBA "campus" is 2 floors in a 4 floor building. the other 2 floors have other tenants.
It is like a private tuition center, it is puny and tiny given the batch size. Finally they have nothing to do with the HSG University campus. they have their seperate "library" ( 4 cupboards) , cafeteria (1 coffee maschine, 1 vending machine). It is almost a parody of a Bschool. :D

Coming to Living costs, Switzerland is expensive. Refer the big Mac index. CHF is the most overvalued currency. I guess you are from india from your post. Incidently Indian rupe is the most undervalued currency. Not being racist but fact is , CH is expensive for Europeans for you it will be robbery :( unless of course you are like kutrapali ( from big bang theory) and are vastly weathy ;) !!!

-Snowden

Hi Snowden

is it really still like this. your comments were not so old but it surprises me that FT would give such a high rating for the MBA program given the infrastructure you quoted.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts