It is currently 20 Aug 2017, 08:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Uploading GMAT unofficial score report

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 13

Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V42
WE: Sales (Manufacturing)
Uploading GMAT unofficial score report [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Sep 2015, 01:04
Hi Everyone,

Need your help with this. I took my GMAT long time back and at that time selected five random schools (read: Harvard, Stanford etc) to send the score reports. I didn't know what schools I will be applying to back then. The unofficial score report clearly indicates which those five schools are.

I am now concerned about uploading this unofficial score report to the B schools that I am actually applying to now. What if the AdCom thinks that their school is in my safety school list after seeing the list of schools to which I have sent my score report.

One possible solution is uploading only the first page of the Score report by editing the PDF. Will this be Okay?

Last edited by wallflower13 on 08 Sep 2015, 02:43, edited 1 time in total.

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 64 [0], given: 185

Re: Uploading GMAT unofficial score report [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Sep 2015, 02:26
If you really have a score of 770 I think this will be absolutely irrelevant. Of course thats just my opinion.

Kudos [?]: 64 [0], given: 185

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 08 Sep 2015, 02:42
noTh1ng wrote:
If you really have a score of 770 I think this will be absolutely irrelevant. Of course thats just my opinion.

Yes I "really" do have a 770. Not sure how it changes things. I am concerned that certain schools (like UNC KF) may think I am applying to them as safety schools.

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 58 [0], given: 87

GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 08 Sep 2015, 05:30
shravan91 wrote:
noTh1ng wrote:

Yes I "really" do have a 770. Not sure how it changes things. I am concerned that certain schools (like UNC KF) may think I am applying to them as safety schools.

Congrats on "really" scoring 770. It is surprising that your focus is on back dated document that is not taken seriously by adCom except the key scores that are printed on it.
Why not focus on remaining 99.9% of the application instead? Given that you had taken it long back, Adcom wouldnt mind what you selected then and what you are applying now. And anyways, opting schools to which you will send the scores is not even closer to saying "selected". Stop worrying about it, I would say.

Kudos [?]: 58 [0], given: 87

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 08 Sep 2015, 05:43
popov wrote:
shravan91 wrote:
noTh1ng wrote:

Congrats on "really" scoring 770. It is surprising that your focus is on back dated document that is not taken seriously by adCom except the key scores that are printed on it.
Why not focus on remaining 99.9% of the application instead? Given that you had taken it long back, Adcom wouldnt mind what you selected then and what you are applying now. And anyways, opting schools to which you will send the scores is not even closer to saying "selected". Stop worrying about it, I would say.

Thanks. Guess I was overthinking.

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
S

Kudos [?]: 219 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 16 Sep 2015, 10:50
You should be fine, the schools will focus on the actual score. It is still your job in the application and all other communications with the school to show them how bad you want to be there and how strong of a fit you are. So focus on making that case and if you can complement that high GMAT score with an equally strong application you should be in good shape!

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

BSchool Thread Master

Kudos [?]: 43 [0], given: 5

Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
GMAT 2: 700 Q44 V40
GMAT 3: 710 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.3

Show Tags

New post 16 Sep 2015, 13:10
Why have you decided against applying to Harvard/Stanford/Wharton?

Kudos [?]: 43 [0], given: 5

1 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator

Kudos [?]: 95 [1] , given: 14

Concentration: General Management, Operations
GPA: 3.6
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 21 Sep 2015, 07:08
This post received
KUDOS
I do not see an issue with this either. I mean, when you have a 770, OF COURSE you are applying to those schools as back up plans. I mean, even if you selected 0 schools and just uploaded it blank, just the 770 is screaming at people something like "I am going to be part of Harvard but I also need a last resort as a safety plan so thanks UNC".

Also, the job for the adcoms is to find the BEST students. So since you "really" scored a 770 (sorry, couldn't resist it lol), they should try even harder to get you and make you consider them. Just my personal opinion, but I would imagine most adcoms would agree with me.

Kudos [?]: 95 [1] , given: 14

BSchool Forum Moderator

Kudos [?]: 95 [0], given: 14

Concentration: General Management, Operations
GPA: 3.6
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 21 Sep 2015, 07:10
P.S. Just to add to that, if you are that concerned with it, maybe the optional essays can be a great mean of communication to the adcom to explain why you have decided that those schools are your top choices now.

Kudos [?]: 95 [0], given: 14

Expert Post
Math Forum Moderator
B

Kudos [?]: 1629 [0], given: 792

Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kellogg '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Sep 2015, 07:14
wallflower13 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Need your help with this. I took my GMAT long time back and at that time selected five random schools (read: Harvard, Stanford etc) to send the score reports. I didn't know what schools I will be applying to back then. The unofficial score report clearly indicates which those five schools are.

I am now concerned about uploading this unofficial score report to the B schools that I am actually applying to now. What if the AdCom thinks that their school is in my safety school list after seeing the list of schools to which I have sent my score report.

One possible solution is uploading only the first page of the Score report by editing the PDF. Will this be Okay?

I believe some of the other posts have touched upon all other aspects but one. You should NEVER modify any official or unofficial score reports. This is not ethical and sometimes even illegal. I agree with stevkang8 above that with a 770, it does not matter what schools you send this report now. For 'fit' with the school, your essays and other aspects of the applications need to mention that. What schools you sent your score reports does not have any bearing on the adcoms' evaluation of your application.

Thursday with Ron updated list as of July 1st, 2015: http://gmatclub.com/forum/consolidated-thursday-with-ron-list-for-all-the-sections-201006.html#p1544515
Rules for Posting in Quant Forums: http://gmatclub.com/forum/rules-for-posting-please-read-this-before-posting-133935.html
Writing Mathematical Formulae in your posts: http://gmatclub.com/forum/rules-for-posting-please-read-this-before-posting-133935.html#p1096628
GMATCLUB Math Book: http://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-math-book-in-downloadable-pdf-format-130609.html
Everything Related to Inequalities: http://gmatclub.com/forum/inequalities-made-easy-206653.html#p1582891
Inequalities tips: http://gmatclub.com/forum/inequalities-tips-and-hints-175001.html
Debrief, 650 to 750: http://gmatclub.com/forum/650-to-750-a-10-month-journey-to-the-score-203190.html

Kudos [?]: 1629 [0], given: 792

Non-Human User

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2017, 11:43
Hello from the GMAT Club MBAbot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 7

Show Tags

New post 29 Apr 2017, 13:03
Hi all!

Does anyone have any insight as to whether it is a good idea to include all 3 pages (revealing who you sent report to) on the MBA application. I unfortunately did not score a 770 :oops: and instead scored 10-20 pts below average of the school I am currently applying to. This school is on the lower end of prestige of the schools I sent to and may be my best chance of acceptance due to not performing to my full ability on GMAT.

Thank you all in advance!

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 7

Expert Post
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 30 Apr 2017, 22:17
aaronwhite1989 wrote:
Hi all!

Does anyone have any insight as to whether it is a good idea to include all 3 pages (revealing who you sent report to) on the MBA application. I unfortunately did not score a 770 :oops: and instead scored 10-20 pts below average of the school I am currently applying to. This school is on the lower end of prestige of the schools I sent to and may be my best chance of acceptance due to not performing to my full ability on GMAT.

Thank you all in advance!

Hi Aaronwhite1989,

It is surprising that the school asking for the unofficial report. It is increasingly rare for schools to ask that because the scores are reported to them from GMAC directly.

Having said that, it is perfectly okay to go ahead and submit the report. B-schools have the maturity to understand that candidates do apply to other B-schools and look at applications and candidatures holistically. GMAT is just one of the parameters. The only place where you might be asked to defend your choice of school i.e. answer why have you applied to this particular B-school is the interview and I am sure you will be ready with a great answer!

Go ahead and submit the report and all the best!

Feel free to reach out in case of other queries.

Apphelp : India's # 1 MBA admissions consultancy
-----------------------------------------------
Confused about MBA application strategy? Need help with Essay Review? Need mock interviews?
All these questions have a single answer : APPHELP
Phone: +91 9871354580
Email: info@apphelp.co.in
Blog: http://www.blog.apphelp.co.in

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
S

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2017, 08:59
If you have to send all three then do it. Schools understand that applicants apply to other programs, it helps if the programs all align with your rationale for pursuing an MBA but ultimately they will be focused on the GMAT score.

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Re: Uploading GMAT unofficial score report   [#permalink] 07 May 2017, 08:59