It is currently 21 Jan 2018, 16:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Forte Fellow title

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Forte Fellow title [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jan 2018, 19:26
Hi All

I have received the Forte Fellow title from a top school. What are the true benefits of the Forte Fellow title (outside of what the website states)? How helpful is this for international women candidates, in terms of acquiring internships and jobs?

I am a Forte member (through my employer), and I know that the Forte membership isn't very exclusive. Is there any distinct advantage that Forte Fellows gain over their counterparts?

Last edited by flora111 on 04 Jan 2018, 11:10, edited 1 time in total.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 10

GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
GPA: 4
Reviews Badge
Re: Forte Fellow title [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2018, 00:40

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 10

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2018, 10:56
Thanks for the link. However, I've already looked at it and haven't been able to find any recent insights on this. I even reached out to a few recent Forte Fellows, but haven't heard back.
I am trying to figure out how the Forte Fellow title has helped international women in their careers.

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 131

Concentration: Operations, Social Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: 330 Q161 V169
Forte Fellow title [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2018, 15:11
It's not clear what answer you're looking for, given you've looked on the website. Forte has 3 main selling points- 1) the MBA launch program for applications. I'm assuming you didn't participate in it hence your question. 2) Limited Networking opportunities and 3) Scholarship money.

Most Forte schools provide funding to their fellows. I got CDN 30,000 from my school. In the US it's supposed to be around $40,000. If you didn't receive a scholarship, I'm not sure Forte is of huge benefit. Myself and others who were in the Launch program joined for the application support and the money.

I heard of a few schools in the Forte network that don't give any scholarship (looking at you Haas), which to me is ridiculous. The Forte name is unlikely to get you job interviews. It's the money and the knowledge that is useful.

Posted from my mobile device

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 131

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2018, 20:23
Thanks Aaliyah537.
I received Forte Fellowship of $20,000. It isn't a considerable amount if you at the tuition fee for US schools.
I'm trying to explore the ancillary networking benefits through Forte. Did you find the Forte network helpful in building your career prospects with the sponsor companies ?

Re: Forte Fellow title   [#permalink] 07 Jan 2018, 20:23

Forte Fellow title

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: jessepinkman, Wilch, teleste

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap