GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 12 Dec 2018, 22:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • The winning strategy for 700+ on the GMAT

December 13, 2018

December 13, 2018

08:00 AM PST

09:00 AM PST

What people who reach the high 700's do differently? We're going to share insights, tips and strategies from data we collected on over 50,000 students who used examPAL.
  • GMATbuster's Weekly GMAT Quant Quiz, Tomorrow, Saturday at 9 AM PST

December 14, 2018

December 14, 2018

09:00 AM PST

10:00 AM PST

10 Questions will be posted on the forum and we will post a reply in this Topic with a link to each question. There are prizes for the winners.

VERBAL IMPROVEMENT!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3
GMAT ToolKit User
VERBAL IMPROVEMENT!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2018, 16:33
I just took my test from the GMATPrep software. I got Q45 V19. Please suggest some methods to improve my verbal score. My target score is 660 and above. I have only 1 month for the actual test.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Bala.
e-GMAT Representative
G
Re: VERBAL IMPROVEMENT!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jul 2018, 02:56
Hi Bala0801,

I am sharing a high-level plan for you in this response. In order to share a detailed plan, I would like to know some more details from you.
    a. Is this the score in mock test after some preparation or Diagnostic test without any?
    b. How have you been studying so far?
    c. How much time will you be able to devote in this one month towards preparation?
Once you respond to these questions I will be able to share a more detailed plan with you. For a detailed plan write to us at support@e-gmat.com.

How to score 660+ in GMAT?

There are multiple ways in which you can score 660+ in GMAT depending upon your strengths and weaknesses. It is essential that you select one of those ways and then try to achieve that goal. Having a specific target will ensure that you know how to efficiently prepare for the test while ensuring the desired result. I am sharing a few ways to attain 660+ score. You can target your own scores as well using GMAT Planner Tool.

Key to Improving from V19 to V35 – Conceptual Clarity & Consistent Approach

Follow a structured approach

GMAT tests your reasoning skills in various ways and to be able to successfully answer the questions thrown at you, you must develop conceptual clarity and consistent approach to solve those questions. Your approach shouldn’t be one of tricks and shortcuts that may fail you on the test day on difficult questions but a reliable and repeatable one.
You can take Free Trial offered by various test prep companies to decide the approach that suits your learning style the best. I am sharing some direct links to free trial concepts of e-GMAT. You can get access to 25+ video lessons and 350+ practice questions by registering for the e-GMAT Free Trial

Want to get a jumpstart on acing RC? – Attend the free RC webinar this weekend

Attend the free RC webinar this weekend, to learn a structured approach to solving RC questions. Register here to attend the webinar.

Regards,
Aditee

| '4 out of Top 5' Instructors on gmatclub | 70 point improvement guarantee | www.e-gmat.com

VP
VP
G

Show Tags

New post 11 Jul 2018, 09:11
Hi Bala0801, which section in Verbal seems to be bothering you the most, and which resources have you used so far, for your preparation?

That might help us give more customized and relevant suggestions.

Thanks,
Ashish
EducationAisle, Bangalore

Sentence Correction Nirvana available on Amazon.in and Flipkart

Now! Preview the entire Grammar Section of Sentence Correction Nirvana at pothi.com

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 3.6
WE: Analyst (Transportation)
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
VERBAL IMPROVEMENT!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 11 Jul 2018, 13:05
Bala0801 wrote:
I just took my test from the GMATPrep software. I got Q45 V19. Please suggest some methods to improve my verbal score. My target score is 660 and above. I have only 1 month for the actual test.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Bala.

Hello my friend,

by far not all hope is lost, actually you seem to head for your second attempt with a quite solid foundation when it comes to the quant section.

With regards to improving some of your verbal issues maybe the following strategies are of help to you:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/verbal-strat ... l#p2082192

Moreover I would suggest to have a look at the verban explanation videos from Veritas Prep and GmatNinja those are both two great ressources with regards to improving ones verbal score.
While does videos are no replacement for dedicated prep and solving actual questions, some of the hints and tips provided might come in very handy during your next GMAT adventure.

Nonetheless make sure to check some of the questions and their respective answers in this forum, than can be a great source of insight with regards to some topics you might struggle in.

Best of luck for your prep,
Chris

A couple of things that helped me in verbal:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/verbal-strategies-268700.html#p2082192

Gmat Prep CAT #1: V42, Q34, 630
Gmat Prep CAT #2: V46, Q35, 660
Gmat Prep CAT #3: V41, Q42, 680

On the mission to improve my quant score, all help is appreciated! :)

Originally posted by Arro44 on 11 Jul 2018, 09:12.
Last edited by Arro44 on 11 Jul 2018, 13:05, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 11 Jul 2018, 10:49
Hello everyone,

Thank you so much egmat, Arro44, EducationAisle for trying to help me.

I took the test in the old format (26 of 41 correct). My first 3 questions (SC) are wrong. so, I think that three questions lowered my score a lot. I have done SC and CR with around 60% accuracy.
1 out of 4 RC passages is correct.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 3.6
WE: Analyst (Transportation)
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 11 Jul 2018, 13:08
Bala0801 wrote:
Hello everyone,

Thank you so much egmat, Arro44, EducationAisle for trying to help me.

I took the test in the old format (26 of 41 correct). My first 3 questions (SC) are wrong. so, I think that three questions lowered my score a lot. I have done SC and CR with around 60% accuracy.
1 out of 4 RC passages is correct.

Try these topics, they contain quite nice tips regarding the mentioned areas:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-impro ... l#p1643215

https://gmatclub.com/forum/very-useful- ... l#p1401022

https://gmatclub.com/forum/preparing-fo ... l#p2090178

If you have further questions feel free to reach out.

Good luck,
Chris

A couple of things that helped me in verbal:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/verbal-strategies-268700.html#p2082192

Gmat Prep CAT #1: V42, Q34, 630
Gmat Prep CAT #2: V46, Q35, 660
Gmat Prep CAT #3: V41, Q42, 680

On the mission to improve my quant score, all help is appreciated! :)

GMAT Club Bot
Re: VERBAL IMPROVEMENT! &nbs [#permalink] 11 Jul 2018, 13:08

VERBAL IMPROVEMENT!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: souvonik2k

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap