Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 19:44 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 19:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [8]
Given Kudos: 58
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.39
WE:Consulting (Accounting)
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10010 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GPA: 2.4
Send PM
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022! [#permalink]

!
Moderator Note: Post Removed. Do not post profile eval requests in this discussion. Use this thread instead.. https://gmatclub.com/forum/profile-eval ... 69209.html

Originally posted by vj1994 on 17 May 2019, 01:37.
Last edited by Narenn on 19 May 2019, 21:50, edited 1 time in total.
Mod note
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [1]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022! [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
vaibhavijobalia wrote:
Hello ,

I need an honest opinion on whether I should take the GMAT again.

Details :

GMAT : 710
Quant : 49
Verbal :39
IR :4 ( VERY LOW I KNOW)
AWA : 5.5

BACKGROUND :

BBA
MSU VADODARA - well reputed university
GPA : 6.1 /10

PGD in advertising and Marketing Communications from XIC Mumbai .
XIC ranks second in media communication in India .
Grade : B+

Work experience
2.5 years
1- self employed consultant
1.5 year - brand strategist at a national experimental agency
Worked on brands like HUL , SAP , SIEMENS , MONDELEZ, ORIFLAME and the likes of such.

*Not from conventional Indian background*

Indian female - media background

Post MBA goals : brand management / marketing - product management

If I take GMAT again , I would like to score somewhere near 750.

I realize that I lackwork experience and have decent EC ( NOT MENTIONED ) but how much of a difference would adding 40 more points make in this case ?

If I end up in the same colleges with a 750 due to lack of work ex then attempting GMAT again wont make sense.

I would like to send in a strong application for Dartmouth.

Should I retake GMAT ?

Posted from my mobile device

Hi vaibhavijobalia,

If you are applying to the likes of Tuck, then definitely DO take the GMAT again. I'm afraid to say., otherwise you barely stand a chance. You have a low college GPA, and that situation itself commands a high GMAT score- you guessed the figure right- close to 750. Consider this as a step in strengthening your application to Tuck.
Adding another 40 points will make all the difference in the world- even at b-schools where you can get admits right now- they might offer you scholarship money as well (although they'd consider your profile holistically, but scores/ grades never hurt).
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 916 [0]
Given Kudos: 911
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
Send PM
vaibhavijobalia wrote:
Hello ,

I need an honest opinion on whether I should take the GMAT again.

Details :

GMAT : 710
Quant : 49
Verbal :39
IR :4 ( VERY LOW I KNOW)
AWA : 5.5

BACKGROUND :

BBA
MSU VADODARA - well reputed university
GPA : 6.1 /10

PGD in advertising and Marketing Communications from XIC Mumbai .
XIC ranks second in media communication in India .
Grade : B+

Work experience
2.5 years
1- self employed consultant
1.5 year - brand strategist at a national experimental agency
Worked on brands like HUL , SAP , SIEMENS , MONDELEZ, ORIFLAME and the likes of such.

*Not from conventional Indian background*

Indian female - media background

Post MBA goals : brand management / marketing - product management

If I take GMAT again , I would like to score somewhere near 750.

I realize that I lackwork experience and have decent EC ( NOT MENTIONED ) but how much of a difference would adding 40 more points make in this case ?

If I end up in the same colleges with a 750 due to lack of work ex then attempting GMAT again wont make sense.

I would like to send in a strong application for Dartmouth.

Should I retake GMAT ?

Dear vaibhavijobalia

Request post your query in profile evaluation thread.

Best LS
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [2]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Kudos
Good luck to everyone applying this year! I'm joining the class of 2021 as a reapplicant, so feel free to PM me if I can help in any way!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 916 [0]
Send PM
Hi Kelen

Good luck to you too. Thanks for taking out time to help.

Best
LS

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi,If I am applying for class of 2022, till what month of 2020 will my experience be calculated ?

CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
the Drumroll begins....

....the essays and the application dates are out:

Essay Questions for 2019-20 cycle:
Q1. Tuck students can articulate how the distinctive Tuck MBA will advance their aspirations. Why are you pursuing an MBA and why Tuck? (300 words)
Q2. Tuck students recognize how their individuality adds to the fabric of Tuck. Tell us who you are. (300 words)
Q3. Tuck students invest generously in one another’s success even when it is not convenient or easy. Share an example of how you helped someone else succeed. (300 words)

Thankfully, Tuck has used the common LOR prescribed by GMAC, which means the applicants have lesser work to do on the LOR.

Letter of Reference Questions
Q1. Please provide a brief description of your interaction with the applicant and, if applicable, the applicant’s role in your organization.
Q2. How does the performance of the applicant compare to that of other well-qualified individuals in similar roles? (E.g. what are the applicant’s principal strengths?)
Q3. Describe the most important piece of constructive feedback you have given the applicant. Please detail the circumstances and the applicant’s response.
Q4. Is there anything else we should know? (Optional)

Application Deadlines
Round 1: Application Deadline: October 7, 2019, Applicant-Initiated Interview Deadline: November 1, 2019
Round 2: Application Deadline: January 6, 2020, Applicant-Initiated Interview Deadline: January 31, 2020
Round 3: Application Deadline: March 30, 2020, Applicant-Initiated Interview Deadline: April 2, 2020

Applications are due by 5:00 p.m. EST.

Look out for our Essay analysis in a few days
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 916 [2]
Send PM
Kudos

Chat with Tuck Adcom at 2130 IST today

Join to find out the 5 tips for R1 applicant.
Ask adcom about changes in deadlines this year and their expectations from the applicants.
And a lot more in main chat roomat 2130 IST.

Join the Chat here.. https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat.php?fl=menu

For people who couldn't attend the session
Link for the chat transcript

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Schools: Kellogg '21
Send PM
Hello,

I applied to Tuck last year in R2 but got dinged. I believe among other things, I didn't show Tuck that it was my top choice. I only visited for the self initiated interview.

Tuck is my top choice, and I plan to apply again in R1 this year. I really want to showcase my interest in the school to the adcoms and was wondering if I should visit again before R1 deadline.

Now considering, I've already visited once and I am likely going to visit again for self initiated interview again after R1 submission, do you see any value in me visiting between now and before I submit my application.

Please advise!

Thank you!
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
No, I don't - but I strongly encourage you to contact Tuckies past and present to do informational interviews. Very important.
Advanced search on Linked In is a powerful tool, might also contact admissions to receive names and contact info. But you do want the unfiltered so do both.

thebest wrote:
Hello,

I applied to Tuck last year in R2 but got dinged. I believe among other things, I didn't show Tuck that it was my top choice. I only visited for the self initiated interview.

Tuck is my top choice, and I plan to apply again in R1 this year. I really want to showcase my interest in the school to the adcoms and was wondering if I should visit again before R1 deadline.

Now considering, I've already visited once and I am likely going to visit again for self initiated interview again after R1 submission, do you see any value in me visiting between now and before I submit my application.

Please advise!

Thank you!
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
thebest wrote:
Hello,

Please advise!

Thank you!

There are several ways of knowing a business school, and visiting the campus is just one of these. You can still continue to learn about Tuck by visiting events in your city, webinars and by contacting past and current students - all of these will help. I would believe there were other issues with your application that led to the ding. just by visiting a b-school, you can not tell them that they are your "top choice", as there are hundreds of applicants who visit every year and you are one among them. I'd suggest you look deeper into last year's application, understand what was not good, and how you can improve it. We can help you analyze it.

One way of telling them they are top choice, is by having a solid goals essay that convinces them that their school is crucial for you to achieve your goals- for this you should know the program thoroughly and be able to speak to specific program features that will benefit your learning.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10010 [3]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Kudos