It is currently 24 Aug 2017, 01:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

What are my chances of getting in to a top 30 Bschool with a 640?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
BSchool Thread Master
G

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 99

GMAT 1: 620 Q47 V28
GMAT 2: 640 Q48 V28
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge CAT Tests
What are my chances of getting in to a top 30 Bschool with a 640? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2017, 07:43
Hi CriticalSquare

I took the GMAT again 2 weeks ago. Below are my scores from my 1st and 2nd attempt. I'd like to know what my chances are at top 30 business schools such as UNC, Rice and UT Austin. I only sent scores before my 2nd attempt to these schools because I felt confident. I will be applying in R1 and R2 of the next application cycle. Below you'll find scores from both attempts.

I am considering taking the GMAT one last time and then take the GRE.
Do you have any advice for me at this stage before completing my application?
What are my chances of entry at a top30 business school?

Thanks in advance!

GMAT 1 AWA 5.5 / IR 5 / Q 47 / V 28 / 620
GMAT 2 AWA 4.5 / IR 7 / Q 48 / V 28 / 640

I was extremely disappointed with my score because I dedicated more time to the verbal section in my preparation than the quant. I am hoping that since I speak English as a second language and coming from an underrepresented country at US business schools that I might have a better chance.

A little bit about myself:

Middle-eastern nationality
Unique life experience (cancer survivor during my undergraduate years)
Engineering from top UK university
4 years WE in construction industry - mega projects
Volunteering at local cancer hospital - member of a patient support group (ties in with own experience)
Likes travelling - been to 26 countries on 5 continents. Lived in 4 countries.

Kindly click on the +1 Kudos if you found my post helpful. Thank you! :)

|
|
|
V

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 99

What are my chances of getting in to a top 30 Bschool with a 640?   [#permalink] 09 Apr 2017, 07:43