It is currently 20 Oct 2017, 15:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Which MBA stream with strong quant & Engg in IT background

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 8

Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.29
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Which MBA stream with strong quant & Engg in IT background [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jun 2016, 09:47
Hi friends,

This is Bharadwaj.I had done my Btech from a not-so-reputed Engineering college with Information Technology as my specialization. I am a 29 year old from India, working in an IT services firm for 6.5 years now. I work as an SAP HANA consultant. My current CTC is 1,000,000 PA. :(

I am planning to pursue my MBA soon in the next year or two. I am preparing for GMAT for 3 months now, and I am planning to take the test next month. My main strength is Quantitative aptitude. The reason for planning to do an MBA is that I am good with numbers and have good analytical skills. I want to know how my skills can be utilized in the best way possible. Also I would like to add that I won't get tired working with Quantitative aptitude at all. Please let me know the best MBA stream that suits my strengths and skills. I have heard about some "Quant profile jobs" in Investment and hedge funds- related industries. How well will I suit to those kinds of jobs? What pay can I expect from those kind of jobs? Are these kinds of specializations/subjects offered in any good B schools? Do I need to do an MBA or any other specialization to get into these roles? Also what other MBA specializations will suit my profile and skills? :?: :| :?: :?

Another point is that I don't have much knowledge related to Finance or any business related concepts, because my background is Engineering. I have good SQL skills, as well as some programming skills to add to that, though I haven't worked on my programming skills ever since the completion of my graduation. Any suggestion will be really helpful.

Thanks
Bharadwaj

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 8

Which MBA stream with strong quant & Engg in IT background   [#permalink] 27 Jun 2016, 09:47

Which MBA stream with strong quant & Engg in IT background

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap