GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Oct 2018, 11:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Yale SOM GRE

new topic post reply Update application status  
Director
Director
S
Schools: Yale '18
GMAT 1: 650 Q43 V37
GRE 1: Q157 V158
GPA: 2.66
Yale SOM GRE  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 May 2018, 21:04
Hey so I am a senior who just applied to Yale SOM and I feel incredible nerve-wracked about my GRE score. I feel somewhat confident about my rec letters and essays but I scored a 315 on the GRE. Now, I know Yale, Harvard and Stanford tend to have very high GRE scores but has anyone been able to get into SOM with a 315?
Current Student
D
Schools: Boston U '20 (M)
GRE 1: Q169 V154
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 01 May 2018, 22:05
Nunuboy1994 wrote:
Hey so I am a senior who just applied to Yale SOM and I feel incredible nerve-wracked about my GRE score. I feel somewhat confident about my rec letters and essays but I scored a 315 on the GRE. Now, I know Yale, Harvard and Stanford tend to have very high GRE scores but has anyone been able to get into SOM with a 315?

Hi,
A little less than 1/4 of the admitted class at Yale takes the GRE and not the GMAT. The average score is 329 this year.
This post might help -> https://gmatclub.com/forum/average-gre- ... l#p2030122

MBA Financing:- INDIAN PUBLIC BANKS vs PRODIGY FINANCE!

Getting into HOLLYWOOD with an MBA!

The MOST AFFORDABLE MBA programs!

STONECOLD's BRUTAL Mock Tests for GMAT-Quant(700+)

AVERAGE GRE Scores At The Top Business Schools!

Vantage Point Admissions Consultant
B
Affiliations: Vantage Point MBA Admissions Consulting
Re: Yale SOM GRE  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 May 2018, 20:32
Hi there,

Your GRE score is just outside the 80% range for Yale so you're definitely up against some tough odds. But remember that the adcom reviews your application holistically so perhaps you have an incredible story, leadership experience, extra-curriculars, etc. that could help your chances. But at this point, it's out of your control so I would suggest sitting tight and hoping for the best. Fingers crossed for you!

Best,
Melody

Vantage Point MBA Admissions Consulting
https://vantagepointmba.com/
Your Personal MBA Application Experts
Contact us for a Free Consultation!

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Jun 2018, 05:48
Yale SOM accepts both GMAT as well as GRE . But I would recommend only GMAT. Most of the applicants for all B schools submit only GMAT scores. Some candidates submit both GMAT as well as GRE. Certain universities have stipulated that they should submit only one , either of the two. GMAT scores for most the schools class profiles are published. So it is possible for us to benchmark ourselves with average or median or 80 percent range. A study conducted on the admissions of one of the top schools have indicated that the acceptance rate of GMAT applicants is more than GRE submitted applications. Download Plex Kodi Lucky Patcher
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2018, 07:07
A study conducted on the admissions of one of the top schools have indicated that the acceptance rate of GMAT applicants is more than GRE submitted applications.

Quants in GMAT is considered tougher and more relevant for B schools.
Vantage Point MBA Co-Founder
S
Schools: CBS '13 (A)

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2018, 09:58
rohanwan wrote:
A study conducted on the admissions of one of the top schools have indicated that the acceptance rate of GMAT applicants is more than GRE submitted applications.

Quants in GMAT is considered tougher and more relevant for B schools.

Do you have a source for this study? If so, could you please share it with me? I'd be curious to understand the data since this is a question we get a lot. Thanks!

Best,
Melody

Vantage Point MBA Admissions Consulting
https://vantagepointmba.com/
Your Personal MBA Application Experts
Contact us for a Free Consultation!

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Yale SOM GRE &nbs [#permalink] 05 Oct 2018, 09:58

Yale SOM GRE

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap