It is currently 21 Oct 2017, 10:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Post MBA goal

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 53

Concentration: Operations, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GPA: 4
WE: Design (Transportation)
Reviews Badge
Post MBA goal [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2017, 05:14
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hello Experts

I am currently working in Transportation industry in the engineering or design profile (7 years)
as a career goal post MBA I prefer to stay in my industry & I aspire to work as an Operations Manager in an infrastructure equipment firm (train manufacturers to be specific) and understand the best practices across process chains.
From MBA I intend to learn the non-technical & process related know hows.

To give a clear picture I am listing down some of the companies I have worked & intend to work post MBA in management positions

CRRC
ALSTOM Transport
Bombardier Transport
Hyundai Rotem.
GE Transportation.
CSR.
CNR.
Kawasaki
Bharat Earth Movers Ltd (BEML)
Stadler,
Trinity Industries
Uralvagonzavod.

But the problem is that I checked the Bschools websites none of these companies are listed in the recruiting companies list.
So if my target employers are not hiring from Top Bschools. Why would a Top Bschool give me admit?

Need suggestion do I need to modify my post MBA goals?
Desperately need some information regarding this

Regards
Alok

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 53

1 KUDOS received
MBA Admissions Consultant
B

Kudos [?]: 462 [1], given: 3

Re: Post MBA goal [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2017, 06:53
This post received
KUDOS
Hi there,

This is a great question. Keep in mind that only a portion of MBA students find their first job out of b-school through on-campus recruiting. There are a ton of other resources / network connections that can help you land your dream job. You just have to find the best path. I wouldn't outright change your goals just because it's a nontraditional path, especially if this is what you want to do. Part of school selection process helps candidates think through the mechanism and the approach they should take in articulating their post-MBA goals and how they plan to get there. Let us know if you'd like to chat to see how we can help. Best of luck!

Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Blog | Free Resources | Facebook | Twitter

Was this post helpful to you? Give a Kudos and let us know!

Kudos [?]: 462 [1], given: 3

Re: Post MBA goal   [#permalink] 11 Mar 2017, 06:53

Post MBA goal

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap