GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 24 Jun 2018, 17:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
B
GPA: 3.72
Reviews Badge
Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 09 Mar 2018, 09:45
OfficialGMAT

Dear Leah,
Has anyone ever allowed to take the test 9th/10th time in case her/his request has been found genuine and legitimate?

Regards,
Pradeep(AD)

A lot needs to be learned from all of you.

Originally posted by AD2GMAT on 09 Mar 2018, 06:32.
Last edited by AD2GMAT on 09 Mar 2018, 09:45, edited 1 time in total.
Top Contributor
Director
Director
G
Affiliations: AB, cum laude, Harvard University (Class of '02)
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GRE 1: 337 Q168 V169
WE: Education (Education)

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2018, 08:20
Top Contributor
AD2GMAT wrote:
Dear Leah,
Has anyone ever allowed to take the test 9th/10th time in case her/his request has been found genuine and legitimate?

Regards,
Pradeep

Hi Pradeep,

I think we can agree that Leah has already answered this question in her last post.

To reiterate: unless you can convince an interested business school to contact GMAC by letter or email on your behalf to request a special exemption, in which case you might be allowed to take the exam a 9th and final time (yes, this has occurred in the past), you cannot take the GMAT more than 8 times.

-Brian
OfficialGMAT wrote:
Hello!

We have had business schools that are interested in candidates attending their programs, reach out to us on the candidates behalf (via letter/email), for taking the GMAT Exam an additional time. If you are interested in attending a university and they have expressed interest in you, they may draft an email/letter to send to us, and request that you take the GMAT Exam again. Unfortunately an appeal on the basis of just wanting to take the GMAT Exam again, will not be sufficient for the request. You may also bring this up with Pearson VUE in your region by visiting: mba.com/contactus.

Thanks!
Leah

Harvard grad and 99% GMAT scorer, offering expert, private GMAT tutoring and coaching, both in-person (San Diego, CA, USA) and online worldwide, since 2002.

One of the only known humans to have taken the GMAT 5 times and scored in the 700s every time (700, 710, 730, 750, 770), including verified section scores of Q50 / V47, as well as personal bests of 8/8 IR (2 times), 6/6 AWA (4 times), 50/51Q and 48/51V (1 question wrong).

You can download my official test-taker score report (all scores within the last 5 years) directly from the Pearson Vue website: https://tinyurl.com/y8zh6qby Date of Birth: 09 December 1979.

GMAT Action Plan and Free E-Book - McElroy Tutoring

Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests
Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2018, 02:43
Hi

OfficialGMAT

I am trying to install GMAT Exam Pack -1 and GMAT Question Pack -1 but I am not able to do so.

Can you do it from the backend? I have the exam after seven days!

It would be great if someone can help urgently!

Thanks
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2018, 08:36
bapism07 wrote:
Hi

OfficialGMAT

I am trying to install GMAT Exam Pack -1 and GMAT Question Pack -1 but I am not able to do so.

Can you do it from the backend? I have the exam after seven days!

It would be great if someone can help urgently!

Thanks

Windows, Mac, Linux, or Xbox?
What platform are you using? How have you tried to install?

Posted from my mobile device

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2018, 09:07
Hi bb

It is Mac OS 10.13.3

First, I downloaded the '.gsp' file then clicked on the 'install additional content'. It got installed but later when i gave the licese number, it is showing that 'license already used. As per response from the mail from gmac@asknet.com, i tried to uninstall and then reinstall the gmatprep software but no luck.

My gmat prep looks like this now. 'Exam pack -2' is showing as installed but 'exam pack 1' and 'question pack' are having the license issue IMO.

Thanks
Attachments

Screen Shot 2018-03-17 at 9.24.33 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-17 at 9.24.33 PM.png [ 111.1 KiB | Viewed 898 times ]

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2018, 10:52
bapism07 wrote:
Hi bb

It is Mac OS 10.13.3

First, I downloaded the '.gsp' file then clicked on the 'install additional content'. It got installed but later when i gave the licese number, it is showing that 'license already used. As per response from the mail from gmac@asknet.com, i tried to uninstall and then reinstall the gmatprep software but no luck.

My gmat prep looks like this now. 'Exam pack -2' is showing as installed but 'exam pack 1' and 'question pack' are having the license issue IMO.

Thanks

Sorry about this popping up on the weekend. You want to chat with the mba.com support about this. Here:
Email: gmatprep@mba.com
Phone (US and Canada): +1 866 739-0238 (toll free)
Phone (international): +1 703 668-9602

This seems to be a licensing issue. You can try uninstalling and reinstalling the GSP files we have on GMAT Club, in case they are better (though I doubt it will make a difference - look for download links in the far right hand column) https://gmatclub.com/forum/it-s-back-ge ... 16994.html

Founder of GMAT Club

Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2018, 00:43
Hi bb

Thanks for the suggestion. Like you expected, the 'downloaded file' from the GMATclub.com, is same, downloaded earlier. The same error, 'license number has already been used' popped up when i tried installing.

I had already escalated the issue in few of their email ids (gmatprep@mba.com, store@mba.com, customercare@mba.com) got an 'acknowledgment mail'. I am waiting for their further revert on this as they have mentioned in the mail.

Hope mba.com gets this sorted early. Delay is only hurting my plan of study as I have altered my study schedule because of this 'glitch'.
Can't say that 'they' are quick in response and or customer friendly!
Expert Post
Official GMAC Representative
B

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2018, 11:04
bapism07 wrote:
Hi bb

It is Mac OS 10.13.3

Thanks

Hello,

I believe Customer Care may have already gotten to you via email, but I wanted to post this here as well:

Unfortunately, the Mac OS version that you are using is not supported by our GMATPrep Software, and is causing your activation complications. Do you have access to a computer that meets our technical requirements? Please see below:

System requirements – Windows

• 2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor or Intel® Atom™ 1.6GHz or faster processor for netbooks
• Microsoft® Windows 7® with Service Pack 1, Windows 8.1®, or Windows 10®
• 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
• Screen resolution of 1024x768 or higher
• Your user account must have permission to install applications (admin rights)

System requirements – Mac OS

• Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor
• Mac OS X v10.9, v10.10, or v10.11. Mac OS 10.12 and 10.13 are not supported by the GMATPrep Free Software or the extension packs. Please use a computer that meets the technical requirements.
• 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
• Screen resolution of 1024x768 or higher
• Your user account must have permission to install applications (admin rights)

As listed on our mba.com/store under technical requirements for the GMATPrep Software, Mac 10.12 and 10.13 are not compatible. When a system is not compatible with our software, GMATPrep cannot perform successfully or normally, and will cause complications like what you experienced on your computer. You are seeing that message of "License Already Used" because there is only one activation code needed per computer/operating system. The fact that it is not accepting the code, or keeping the pack active stems from the incompatibility of your computer.

Many candidates have reached out to us with these same complications seen on an unsupported computer, and we are able to replicate this sporadic behavior as well. On a compatible computer, these issues are not seen, and candidates are able to use the software as intended. Our Product Team is aware of the non-compatibility, and are working on making GMATPrep compatible with the newer Mac OS versions.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards,
Leah

Leah
Customer Care Coordinator
Graduate Management Admission Council® (GMAC®)
gmac.com | mba.com

Top Contributor
Director
Director
G

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2018, 15:42
Top Contributor
Hi bapism07,

I don't think that the OS is the main issue here. I'm running Mac OS 10.13.3 and am having no problems running GMATPrep, so long as I made sure to install the GMATPrep software before upgrading to 10.13.3.

I can confirm that if you download and try to install the current version of GMATPrep on a computer running 10.13.3, you will double-click on the installer, and absolutely nothing will happen. However, if you can find a copy of the actual GMAT prep application from another Mac computer, and copy it to your applications folder, then it will work just fine.

I do get this error message when I activate an Exam or Question Pack, but it still works fine afterward:

If the software says "license already used" when you try to activate an Exam or Question Pack, then this suggests that you have already installed the software on the maximum of 3 computers, and would have to deactivate the license on one of your other computers before activating it on another computer.

However, this does not necessarily mean that you can't install the free GMATPrep software on more than 3 computers. It's just that (paid) Exam Packs 1 and 2, and Question Pack 1 only allow you to install the packs on a maximum of 3 computers at a time.

-Brian

Harvard grad and 99% GMAT scorer, offering expert, private GMAT tutoring and coaching, both in-person (San Diego, CA, USA) and online worldwide, since 2002.

One of the only known humans to have taken the GMAT 5 times and scored in the 700s every time (700, 710, 730, 750, 770), including verified section scores of Q50 / V47, as well as personal bests of 8/8 IR (2 times), 6/6 AWA (4 times), 50/51Q and 48/51V (1 question wrong).

You can download my official test-taker score report (all scores within the last 5 years) directly from the Pearson Vue website: https://tinyurl.com/y8zh6qby Date of Birth: 09 December 1979.

Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2018, 03:11
mcelroytutoring wrote:
Hi bapism07,

I don't think that the OS is the main issue here. I'm running Mac OS 10.13.3 and am having no problems running GMATPrep, so long as I made sure to install the GMATPrep software before upgrading to 10.13.3.

I can confirm that if you download and try to install the current version of GMATPrep on a computer running 10.13.3, you will double-click on the installer, and absolutely nothing will happen. However, if you can find a copy of the actual GMAT prep application from another Mac computer, and copy it to your applications folder, then it will work just fine.

I do get this error message when I activate an Exam or Question Pack, but it still works fine afterward:

If the software says "license already used" when you try to activate an Exam or Question Pack, then this suggests that you have already installed the software on the maximum of 3 computers, and would have to deactivate the license on one of your other computers before activating it on another computer.

However, this does not necessarily mean that you can't install the free GMATPrep software on more than 3 computers. It's just that (paid) Exam Packs 1 and 2, and Question Pack 1 only allow you to install the packs on a maximum of 3 computers at a time.

-Brian

Thank you for the suggestion. I had an issue with the license numbers (for qp and ep-1). Luckily, GMATprep customer care dept. got the license issue resolved. Now all the bought products are functioning properly on my PC.
Attachments

Screen Shot 2018-03-24 at 3.34.28 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-24 at 3.34.28 PM.png [ 124.74 KiB | Viewed 672 times ]

Top Contributor
Director
Director
G

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 25 May 2018, 19:27
Top Contributor
bapism07 wrote:
Thank you for the suggestion. I had an issue with the license numbers (for qp and ep-1). Luckily, GMATprep customer care dept. got the license issue resolved. Now all the bought products are functioning properly on my PC.

OK, good to know, thanks--I'm happy to help a fellow Mac user.

Best of luck on your GMAT!

-Brian

Originally posted by mcelroytutoring on 24 Mar 2018, 08:09.
Last edited by mcelroytutoring on 25 May 2018, 19:27, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2018, 06:02
I am having the same problem. Can someone from GMAC help me out with this?? It seems illogical that now my gmatprep exam pack 1 suddenly won't work on my system when it was working before. Simply asking me to find another computer to take it on is not an adequate solution.
Expert Post
B

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2018, 11:54
aignam13 wrote:
I am having the same problem. Can someone from GMAC help me out with this?? It seems illogical that now my gmatprep exam pack 1 suddenly won't work on my system when it was working before. Simply asking me to find another computer to take it on is not an adequate solution.

Hello,

Are you using the same Mac 10.13 computer? Unfortunately at this time GMATPrep is not compatible with that version. We are working on providing a web based GMATPrep version, that will be accessible to more candidates. Since this version is not available as of yet, the best bet for accessing GMATPrep is with a compatible computer. I completely understand your frustrations, and we are just as eager for this new platform!

Leah
gmac.com | mba.com

Top Contributor
Director
Director
G

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2018, 16:32
Top Contributor
Hi Leah,

Kudos to you and the rest of the GMAC on the upcoming debut of the new, 23-minute shorter GMAT with 11 fewer experimental questions, starting April 16th. It is my opinion that these changes should make for an easier, fairer GMAT test-taking experience overall.

I heard from a GMAC webinar in India that the updated GMATPrep software, which comes out by April 30, will have the following balance of question types:

Reading Comprehension: 13-14 questions / 4 passages
Sentence Correction: 12-13 questions
Critical Reasoning: 9-10 questions
Problem Solving: 17-18 questions
Data Sufficiency: 13-14 questions

source: AjiteshArun

Could you kindly confirm whether this is true? As you know, this is a noticeably different proportion of Verbal question types from the current GMATPrep software (version 2.5.327), where Sentence Corrections are currently the most common question type, as they are on the real GMAT.

For comparison's sake, here is the current proportion of question types on the Verbal section of GMATPrep: 17 SC, 13 RC, 11 CR. If SC has truly gone from the most common question type to the second most common question type, then this is a fact that test-takers deserve to know before the new exam debuts on April 16th.

I have also heard that the GMATPrep tests and Question Pack 1 will be moving to a subscription-only model. Could you please confirm whether this is true, and if so, when does this change go into effect?

Finally: how, if at all, does this new subscription model affect students who already purchased those exams / question packs?

Thank you,

-Brian

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
B

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2018, 10:58
mcelroytutoring wrote:
Hi Leah,

Kudos to you and the rest of the GMAC on the upcoming debut of the new, 23-minute shorter GMAT with 11 fewer experimental questions, starting April 16th. It is my opinion that these changes should make for an easier, fairer GMAT test-taking experience overall.

I heard from a GMAC webinar in India that the updated GMATPrep software, which comes out by April 30, will have the following balance of question types:

Reading Comprehension: 13-14 questions / 4 passages
Sentence Correction: 12-13 questions
Critical Reasoning: 9-10 questions
Problem Solving: 17-18 questions
Data Sufficiency: 13-14 questions

source: AjiteshArun

Could you kindly confirm whether this is true? As you know, this is a noticeably different proportion of Verbal question types from the current GMATPrep software (version 2.5.327), where Sentence Corrections are currently the most common question type, as they are on the real GMAT.

For comparison's sake, here is the current proportion of question types on the Verbal section of GMATPrep: 17 SC, 13 RC, 11 CR. If SC has truly gone from the most common question type to the second most common question type, then this is a fact that test-takers deserve to know before the new exam debuts on April 16th.

I have also heard that the GMATPrep tests and Question Pack 1 will be moving to a subscription-only model. Could you please confirm whether this is true, and if so, when does this change go into effect?

Finally: how, if at all, does this new subscription model affect students who already purchased those exams / question packs?

Thank you,

-Brian

Hello!
Thanks for the kudos! We have been working on this for some time now, and I'm excited that it's now available!

The new GMATPrep platform will reflect the new GMAT Exam shortened length, along with some new features. The screen shot that you have, is simply showing the breakdown that is for the GMAT Official Practice Exams only, and is not reflective of the real GMAT exam. For the actual GMAT Exam, unfortunately we cannot specific information on the number of sub section question types.

As soon as GMAT Official Practice Exams reflecting the shortened Quantitative and Verbal section lengths notification has been sent, there will be information regarding the extension packs and how to use them with the new platform. There are no changes to the questions formats, the content tested, or the scoring methodology on the GMAT exam. In addition to this, the number of questions and section time has been reduced proportionally, so the average time per question in each section has not changed.The current GMATPrep practice exams are still a useful and relevant study tool since they continue to be reflective of the questions, amount of time per question, and scoring on the actual GMAT exam.

Regards,
Leah

Leah
gmac.com | mba.com

DS Forum Moderator
P
Concentration: International Business, General Management
GPA: 3.64
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 25 May 2018, 06:33
Hi OfficialGMAT

Recently I saw this linkhttps://www.mba.com/ocp/get-started/undergrads.aspx, which shows that one can book GMAT for 150$ if one hasn't decided the school to apply for MBA.
Attachment:
Book GMAT.jpg
Book GMAT.jpg [ 99.47 KiB | Viewed 258 times ]
But when I tried to book the test, I got this error. Please confirm whether I can book the GMAT for 150$.
Attachment:
Exam centre.jpg
Exam centre.jpg [ 76.02 KiB | Viewed 258 times ]

Regards

SC: Confusable words
All you need for Quant, GMAT PS Question Directory,GMAT DS Question Directory
Error log/Key Concepts
Combination Concept: Division into groups
Question of the Day (QOTD)
Free GMAT CATS

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 25 May 2018, 06:39
gmatbusters wrote:
Hi OfficialGMAT

Recently I saw this linkhttps://www.mba.com/ocp/get-started/undergrads.aspx, which shows that one can book GMAT for 150$ if one hasn't decided the school to apply for MBA.
Attachment:
Book GMAT.jpg
But when I tried to book the test, I got this error. Please confirm whether I can book the GMAT for 150$.
Attachment:
Exam centre.jpg

Regards

This program is only available in the US. Try searching US Test centers.

Founder of GMAT Club

DS Forum Moderator
P
Concentration: International Business, General Management
GPA: 3.64
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 25 May 2018, 06:49
Hi OfficialGMAT
I want to know about the technical requirements for the New GMAT Official Practice Exams.
As per the technical requirements mentioned on the website https://www.mba.com/india/store/store-catalog/gmat-preparation/gmat-official-practice-exams-3-and-4.aspx, Window 8+ is required for these New GMAT Official Practice Exams.
Attachment:
Exam Pack.jpg
Exam Pack.jpg [ 108.14 KiB | Viewed 248 times ]

I have taken a free NEW GMAT Practice Exam from https://gmatofficialprep.mba.com/SarasExamPrep#/home recently and it worked fine in Windows 7.
Attachment:
Free Exam.jpg
Free Exam.jpg [ 46.33 KiB | Viewed 247 times ]

Please confirm whether New GMAT Official Practice Exams 3 to 6 can be taken on Window 7.

SC: Confusable words
All you need for Quant, GMAT PS Question Directory,GMAT DS Question Directory
Error log/Key Concepts
Combination Concept: Division into groups
Question of the Day (QOTD)
Free GMAT CATS

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 02 Jun 2018, 15:03
Hey guys,

I am an international applicant and am presently in the US.
Was curious to know if incase I am through with my prep during my stay here and wish to take the test at one of the centers in the US, can I?

If I'm allowed to, can there be a problem if I need to take the test again back home or any other things I should know in such a scenario.

On a general note, is it advisable to take it only in one's country of current residence or is it indifferent?

P.S. I donot intend to in anyway misuse my visa, just in case. Don't want to unnecessary complicate my visa situation. On the other hand, I think this should not be a problem but I'm not a 100% sure.

Originally posted by darkstar77 on 25 May 2018, 22:03.
Last edited by darkstar77 on 02 Jun 2018, 15:03, edited 1 time in total.
Board of Directors
V
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 26 May 2018, 02:49
darkstar77 wrote:
Hey guys,

I am an international applicant and am presently in the US for a 45 odd days vacation/visit to my friends.

Was curious to know if incase I am through with my prep during my stay here and wish to take the test at one of the centers in the US, can I?

If I'm allowed to, can there be a problem if I need to take the test again back home or any other things I should know in such a scenario.

On a general note, is it advisable to take it only in one's country of current residence or is it indifferent?

P.S. I donot intend to in anyway misuse my visa, just in case. Don't want to unnecessary complicate my visa situation. On the other hand, I think this should not be a problem but I'm not a 100% sure.

Hey darkstar77 ,

There is no restriction on the location where you should be giving your exam. If you choose India, you can give exam at any of the 5 locations. Similarly, if you choose United States you can choose any of the 5 (or whatsoever is the count) locations.

There won't be any problem if you give your next attempt back in India.

What matters THE MOST is the final score rather than where you are giving the exam.

All the best :)

My GMAT Story: From V21 to V40
My MBA Journey: My 10 years long MBA Dream
My Secret Hacks: Best way to use GMATClub
Verbal Resources: All SC Resources at one place | All CR Resources at one place
Blog: Subscribe to Question of the Day Blog

GMAT Club Inbuilt Error Log Functionality - View More.
NEW VISA FORUM - Ask all your Visa Related Questions - here.

How to use an Error Log? Check out my tips!

Find a bug in the new email templates and get rewarded with 2 weeks of GMATClub Tests for free

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here   [#permalink] 26 May 2018, 02:49

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26    Next  [ 511 posts ] 

Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

HOT DEALS FOR JUNE
Math Revolution - $99/3 mo Free 1-month trial + Diagnostic Test
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
examPAL Full GMAT video course - Save 10%
EMPOWERgmat - $85/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month GMAT Prep Exams 3, 4, 5 & 6
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap