It is currently 21 Apr 2018, 16:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Aug 2017, 00:07
Hey

I was supposed to take my GMAT on Aug 11 but I was not allowed to because there was a small name mismatch. I had used "xxxx. T" where T is an initial and that is how my name is written in all my IDs except in my passport where it is just "xxxx" and expansion of 'T' is written separately under 'surname'. I got so disheartened to hear that I would not be writing the exam after preparing for months. Any advice on what to do from here, keeping in my mind the triviality of my issue here? :/
Study Buddy Forum Moderator
P
WE: Engineering (Other)
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 21 Aug 2017, 02:17
Hi bb

Off late I did not find much response from OfficialGMAT
and hence thought of bringing it your notice. Also we could discuss recent unpleasant experience of candidates at centers here if it would make sense.

WR,
Arpit

It's the journey that brings us happiness not the destination.

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ISB '19 (A)
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2017, 01:57
Dear GMAT Team,

I have taken my GMAT exam on 31st august 2017.

I have not yet received my official GMAT score report even though it's been 20 days since I gave exam.
I request you to please look into the matter and send my official score report at the earliest.
Please revert and let me know what is the issue?

Also if anyone has faced similar issues and has received the official score after 20 days,please comment and help! I am really worried!
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ISB '19 (A)
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2017, 02:03
SimpleSimon123 wrote:
Hey

I was supposed to take my GMAT on Aug 11 but I was not allowed to because there was a small name mismatch. I had used "xxxx. T" where T is an initial and that is how my name is written in all my IDs except in my passport where it is just "xxxx" and expansion of 'T' is written separately under 'surname'. I got so disheartened to hear that I would not be writing the exam after preparing for months. Any advice on what to do from here, keeping in my mind the triviality of my issue here? :/

Hey,
I had mismatch in my middle name.
I sent a mail to Pearson to change the name on my GMAT account according to the one given in passport and attached the copies of passport, additional ID card.
It was done within 3 days.

U can try doing so!
Manager
Manager
B
GPA: 3.72
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2017, 05:07
todd2381 wrote:
Re: Question About a New Lifetime Limit Policy

Hello,

I have a question about a new lifetime limit that will take effect on December 17. I understand that there is an exception to the policy for a test taker who genuinely wants to take a 9th test.

I did send this week a request for an exception via the inquiry box in “Contact Us” section of the official GMAT site and has received the following response:

“Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding the GMAT lifetime retake policy. We do understand that some candidates will need to take the GMAT more than 8 times. Therefore, we are allowing you to request an exception to this policy. A request for an exception can be raised with the supporting documents if a requirement has been made by the school you intend to join.”

Since I was not clear about the supporting documents required, I asked a follow-up question and received the following response:

“We would require a document on the letter head of the school, stating that they require you to take the GMAT exam again and an exception should be provided to you. Please send the documents by replying to this email address. “

However, I doubt that a business school will issue such a letter. Since this is about an exception to the general rule, I assume that the request will be considered on a case-by-case basis and the review process will be flexible taking into account relevant circumstances. Therefore, I am hoping that the kind of supporting documents required will not be rigid but can be flexible.

In my case, I applied to a top 10 US business school this fall but my application was rejected. I would like to re-apply next year with a higher GMAT score. My score was around the school’s average but my GPA was lower than the school’s average. I have been studying to take the GMAT test again in April and I am confident that I can gain a substantially higher score. As you may be aware, an applicant who has a lower GPA can often increase the likelihood of acceptance by showing a higher GMAT score than the school’s average.

My school does not provide a feedback to a declined applicant as it receives a large number of applications. Therefore, it will not issue the kind of the letter your PearsonVUE customer service representative described. However, I can send a document showing that I did apply this fall using a GMAT score from this year. I believe that it shows that I am not abusing the current test process. I’ve also filled in five school names each time I took a GMAT exam and my scores have been sent to them.

I’d appreciate it very much if you could provide some guidance in this matter for someone in a similar situation to mine. Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Todd

OfficialGMAT - Sir your answer would really help me to clarify this issue.

Best Regards.

A lot needs to be learned from all of you.

Manager
Manager
B
GPA: 3.72
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2017, 08:53
PradeepGMT wrote:
todd2381 wrote:
Re: Question About a New Lifetime Limit Policy

Hello,

I have a question about a new lifetime limit that will take effect on December 17. I understand that there is an exception to the policy for a test taker who genuinely wants to take a 9th test.

I did send this week a request for an exception via the inquiry box in “Contact Us” section of the official GMAT site and has received the following response:

“Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding the GMAT lifetime retake policy. We do understand that some candidates will need to take the GMAT more than 8 times. Therefore, we are allowing you to request an exception to this policy. A request for an exception can be raised with the supporting documents if a requirement has been made by the school you intend to join.”

Since I was not clear about the supporting documents required, I asked a follow-up question and received the following response:

“We would require a document on the letter head of the school, stating that they require you to take the GMAT exam again and an exception should be provided to you. Please send the documents by replying to this email address. “

However, I doubt that a business school will issue such a letter. Since this is about an exception to the general rule, I assume that the request will be considered on a case-by-case basis and the review process will be flexible taking into account relevant circumstances. Therefore, I am hoping that the kind of supporting documents required will not be rigid but can be flexible.

In my case, I applied to a top 10 US business school this fall but my application was rejected. I would like to re-apply next year with a higher GMAT score. My score was around the school’s average but my GPA was lower than the school’s average. I have been studying to take the GMAT test again in April and I am confident that I can gain a substantially higher score. As you may be aware, an applicant who has a lower GPA can often increase the likelihood of acceptance by showing a higher GMAT score than the school’s average.

My school does not provide a feedback to a declined applicant as it receives a large number of applications. Therefore, it will not issue the kind of the letter your PearsonVUE customer service representative described. However, I can send a document showing that I did apply this fall using a GMAT score from this year. I believe that it shows that I am not abusing the current test process. I’ve also filled in five school names each time I took a GMAT exam and my scores have been sent to them.

I’d appreciate it very much if you could provide some guidance in this matter for someone in a similar situation to mine. Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Todd

OfficialGMAT - Sir your answer would really help me to clarify this issue.

Best Regards.

Magoosh GMATNinja bb mikemcgarry VeritasPrepKarishma manhattan @e-gmat CrackVerbal EMPOWERgmatRichC jamboori could you please help - is it possible to get 9th attempt or it is just a false hope ?

A lot needs to be learned from all of you.

Intern
Intern
B
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2017, 10:13
I took the GMAT on October 21 at a Pearson Vue facility. While I was in the middle of the quant section I was approached by one of the proctors and taken out of my seat because they messed something up with checking me into the room from my break and had to recheck me in. This cost me about 3-4 minutes on the section on top of totally messing up my concentration and thoughts throughout the section. After reviewing the enhanced score report it shows that this was the part of the test I performed most poorly on and it is unacceptable that during a time test I was disturbed. I emailed a complaint following the test multiple times to both Pearson Vue and GMAC. I never heard a response even though I received an email stating my issue would be reviewed thoroughly and I would be contacted within 2-3 days. I never heard back, and while frustrated had to retake the test for the January admission deadlines for round 2 for Grad School.

I then registered for a test this Saturday December 16. After registration and prior to the test I logged into my GMAT account and saw an error that stated I needed to contact GMAT to resolve. Then at the test site on December 16th as I was being checked in to take the GMAT the person checking me in for the test received some error that didn't allow me to be checked in. The representative then contacted the technical support as was her protocol for such an issue. She was on hold for approximately 45 minutes before being told that there is nothing they could do at that time and I needed to contact to GMAT which is closed on Saturday.

Both of these issues are unacceptable. Since I was unable to take the test this prior Saturday I will not be able to meet the application deadline in January. Furthermore the $500 I have spent trying to take the test without any issues should be refunded and this prior test on Saturday needs to be stricken from my record as I was never able to take it even though being on site and following directions of GMAT and Pearson Vue. Can you assist me with these issues?
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2017, 10:25
Sorry guys. GMAC has not replied in over a year. You will need to call or email.
I am locking this thread until further notice.

Posted from my mobile device

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Expert Post
2 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2018, 14:22
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
I have great news! After a temporary hiatus, the OfficialGMAT is back responding to questions and providing user support.

I am now unlocking this thread.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Expert Post
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
P
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GMAT 2: 800 Q51 V51
GRE 1: 340 Q170 V170

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2018, 16:02
AWESOME!! Welcome back, OfficialGMAT!

GMAT Club Verbal Expert | GMAT/GRE tutor @ www.gmatninja.com (Now hiring!) | GMAT blog | Food blog | Notoriously bad at PMs

Beginners' guides to GMAT verbal
Reading Comprehension | Critical Reasoning | Sentence Correction

YouTube LIVE verbal webinars
Series 1: Fundamentals of SC & CR | Series 2: Developing a Winning GMAT Mindset -- Wednesdays, February 14 - April 4!

SC & CR Questions of the Day (QOTDs), featuring expert explanations
All QOTDs | Subscribe via email | RSS

Need an expert reply?
Hit the request verbal experts' reply button -- and please be specific about your question. Feel free to tag @GMATNinja and @GMATNinjaTwo in your post.

Sentence Correction articles & resources
How to go from great (760) to incredible (780) on GMAT SC | That "-ing" Word Probably Isn't a Verb | That "-ed" Word Might Not Be a Verb, Either | No-BS Guide to GMAT Idioms | "Being" is not the enemy | WTF is "that" doing in my sentence?

Reading Comprehension, Critical Reasoning, and other articles & resources
All GMAT Ninja articles on GMAT Club | Using LSAT for GMAT CR & RC |7 reasons why your actual GMAT scores don't match your practice test scores | How to get 4 additional "fake" GMAT Prep tests for $29.99 | Time management on verbal

SVP
SVP
P
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2018, 09:23
Dear OfficialGMAT

I have faced such a sever situation that I missed my GMAT Exam without cancelling it. I remembered the exam just 1 hour before the exam through my cell but cancellation less than 24 hrs is not allowed as per rules announced here:
https://www.mba.com/africa/frequently-a ... tment.aspx

I know that I lost my $250. However, Does the no-show count as 1 tests of the 8 life-time tests? Does this mean that I lost one opportunity?

Thanks in advance for your help
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: 339 Q170 V169

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2018, 06:50
This post received
KUDOS
Mo2men wrote:
Dear OfficialGMAT

I have faced such a sever situation that I missed my GMAT Exam without cancelling it. I remembered the exam just 1 hour before the exam through my cell but cancellation less than 24 hrs is not allowed as per rules announced here:

I know that I lost my $250. However, Does the no-show count as 1 tests of the 8 life-time tests? Does this mean that I lost one opportunity?

As far as I know, a no-show does not count as 1 of the 8. The GMAC is doing this to discourage people who are looking to steal questions. They're not doing this to annoy genuine test takers.

I hope OfficialGMAT can confirm this.

Ascore Prep | Bangalore

Board of Directors
V
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2018, 07:41
AjiteshArun wrote:
Mo2men wrote:
Dear OfficialGMAT

As far as I know, a no-show does not count as 1 of the 8. The GMAC is doing this to discourage people who are looking to steal questions. They're not doing this to annoy genuine test takers.

I hope OfficialGMAT can confirm this.

I second that. No show isn't count as an attempt. I know someone who had 8th attempt to go but somehow he didn't go. When he confirmed from customer care, they mentioned that he can still give his last attempt. All the best :)

How I improved from V21 to V40! ?

How to use this forum in THE BEST way?

New --> How ApplicantLab made me reach my 10 years long MBA dream?

Expert Post
Official GMAC Representative
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2018, 15:13
Mo2men wrote:
Dear OfficialGMAT

Hello, I'm sorry to hear you missed your GMAT Exam! This will not count as one of your attempts for the 8 time life time policy. It only counts if you complete the GMAT Exam.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Leah
Customer Care Team

Leah
Customer Care Coordinator
Graduate Management Admission Council® (GMAC®)
gmac.com | mba.com

Director
Director
P
WE: Engineering (Transportation)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2018, 15:28
Dear OfficialGMAT

Why outside USA we are not able to book GMAT in $150 only ?
I tagged your name in one post mentioning link used for booking GMAT in150USD and when I selected India in country - no centres were available but when i selected USA centres were available ...

kindly reply , also advice a way to book in 150 USD as it will be a partiality if we ( not from USA) are unable to take benifit of 150USD option..

Give Kudos for correct answer and/or if you like the solution.

Top Contributor
Director
Director
G
Affiliations: AB, cum laude, Harvard University (Class of '02)
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GRE 1: 337 Q168 V169
WE: Education (Education)

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2018, 17:58
Top Contributor
Hello Leah / GMAC Official Representative,

Please answer this question: how is it possible that a test taker can answer every counted question correctly on Verbal, yet earn "only" a V50 instead of a perfect V51?

Does this mean that V50 is now a perfect score? If not, then what is the explanation, and is it related to the test-taker's performance on the experimental ("pretest") questions?

Thank you,
Brian

Harvard grad and 99% GMAT scorer, offering expert, private GMAT tutoring and coaching, both in-person (San Diego, CA, USA) and online worldwide, since 2002.

One of the only known humans to have taken the GMAT 5 times and scored in the 700s every time (700, 710, 730, 750, 770), including verified section scores of Q50 / V47, as well as personal bests of 8/8 IR (2 times), 6/6 AWA (4 times), 50/51Q and 48/51V (1 question wrong).

You can download my official test-taker score report (all scores within the last 5 years) directly from the Pearson Vue website: https://tinyurl.com/y8zh6qby Date of Birth: 09 December 1979.

GMAT Action Plan - McElroy Tutoring

Expert Post
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2018, 13:08
mcelroytutoring wrote:

Please answer this question: how is it possible that a test taker can answer every counted question correctly on Verbal, yet earn "only" a V50 instead of a perfect V51?

Does this mean that V50 is now a perfect score? If not, then what is the explanation, and is it related to the test-taker's performance on the experimental ("pretest") questions?

Thank you,
Brian

Hi Brian,

I would be happy to look into this! Can you please reach out to us via email and provide your first/last name, and GMAT ID number? You may email us at customercare@mba.com.

Thanks!
Leah
Customer Care Team

Leah
gmac.com | mba.com

Expert Post
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2018, 13:20
sahilvijay wrote:
Dear OfficialGMAT

Why outside USA we are not able to book GMAT in $150 only ?
I tagged your name in one post mentioning link used for booking GMAT in150USD and when I selected India in country - no centres were available but when i selected USA centres were available ...

kindly reply , also advice a way to book in 150 USD as it will be a partiality if we ( not from USA) are unable to take benifit of 150USD option..

Hello,

Currently the promotion is in a pilot phase just in the US, for a specific market. Depending on how it does it may become more than just a pilot, and span to more markets! Our team that works with this promotion is aware of your eagerness, and is happy to see that internationally, students are interested.

Leah
Customer Care Team

Leah
gmac.com | mba.com

Top Contributor
Director
Director
G
Affiliations: AB, cum laude, Harvard University (Class of '02)
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GRE 1: 337 Q168 V169
WE: Education (Education)

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2018, 14:02
Top Contributor
OfficialGMAT wrote:
mcelroytutoring wrote:

Thank you,
Brian

Hi Brian,

I would be happy to look into this! Can you please reach out to us via email and provide your first/last name, and GMAT ID number? You may email us at customercare@mba.com.

Thanks!
Leah
Customer Care Team

Hi Leah,

I appreciate your willingness to help! I do have that information readily available, but the V50 score to which I am referring is not mine--it is the score of another GMAT Club user. I am simply seeking an official explanation from which the rest of us can benefit.

As you can imagine, it seems very odd that one could answer every counted question correctly and not earn a perfect score--that is, unless the experimental ("pretest") questions do matter in some small way, if only by affecting the overall question difficulty level.

Thank you,
Brian

Harvard grad and 99% GMAT scorer, offering expert, private GMAT tutoring and coaching, both in-person (San Diego, CA, USA) and online worldwide, since 2002.

One of the only known humans to have taken the GMAT 5 times and scored in the 700s every time (700, 710, 730, 750, 770), including verified section scores of Q50 / V47, as well as personal bests of 8/8 IR (2 times), 6/6 AWA (4 times), 50/51Q and 48/51V (1 question wrong).

You can download my official test-taker score report (all scores within the last 5 years) directly from the Pearson Vue website: https://tinyurl.com/y8zh6qby Date of Birth: 09 December 1979.

GMAT Action Plan - McElroy Tutoring

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2018, 03:40
Hello. The mba (dot) com can't be accessed and thus I can't register for my GMAT test. I get a "Service Unavailable". In addition, when it was open I got a Block Error (or something like that, I can't see it right now). How can I register for the test? Thank you in advance.

edit: Now that the site is online again, I managed to log in but when I go to "Take the GMAT Exam" I get this message:

Quote:
Block Error

We're sorry, there is a problem with your GMAT account which requires you to speak with customer care. Please visit (I can't post the link being a new member, but it points to the contact page) to find the appropriate phone number.
Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here   [#permalink] 15 Feb 2018, 03:40

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25    Next  [ 495 posts ] 

Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

HOT DEALS FOR APRIL
Math Revolution - $79/3 mo Special sale until April 30
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
examPAL - Free Full GMAT video course, 100% free
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap