It is currently 17 Dec 2017, 02:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

24 YO Female Profile Evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

GMAT 1: 670 Q41 V41
GRE 1: 318 Q158 V160
GPA: 3.29
WE: Analyst (Computer Software)
24 YO Female Profile Evaluation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jun 2017, 17:03
Hi!

I would like some help deciding if I would be a competitive applicant for the schools I am applying to and if it makes a difference applying R1 vs R2.

STATS:
24 YO Caucasian Female
Applying for Fall 2018.
GPA 3.27 - BBA Management, Mays Business School, Texas A&M University
GRE - 326

Work Experience: I have worked Oracle for 2 years and was promoted to Business Strategy Analyst 4 months ago. This was a major accomplishment as I was chosen out of 60 internal applicants nationwide and am the youngest analyst they have for their sales operations.

Extracurricular: In college, I held an officer position for 2 years in my sorority, was in multiple business school clubs, on the club soccer team at A&M, along with volunteering at The Boys & Girls Club. Post College: I was selected to be president of Oracle Volunteers and well as being in the Austin Young Chamber of Commerce.

Post MBA Goals: I am looking for a concentration in finance and would like to go into consulting at one of the Big 4.

Concerns: I'm concerned that my GPA/GRE is too low for the schools I am considering as well as my age and years of work experience. Also, what are your thoughts on submitting the GRE vs GMAT scores?

Schools Applying to (In preference order):
Vanderbilt
Washington (Foster)
Notre Dame
Ohio State
Georgia Tech
Rice

I am realistic and know that my scores are too low for top 20 schools so I am looking just below that. I'd like to know if I stand a chance at any of the above schools and if I should be targeting others around this rank area?

Any insight is much appreciated :)

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Expert Post
Stratus Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 92 [0], given: 42

Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge
Re: 24 YO Female Profile Evaluation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jun 2017, 06:41
kxkimmey08 wrote:
Hi!

I would like some help deciding if I would be a competitive applicant for the schools I am applying to and if it makes a difference applying R1 vs R2.

STATS:
24 YO Caucasian Female
Applying for Fall 2018.
GPA 3.27 - BBA Management, Mays Business School, Texas A&M University
GRE - 326

Work Experience: I have worked Oracle for 2 years and was promoted to Business Strategy Analyst 4 months ago. This was a major accomplishment as I was chosen out of 60 internal applicants nationwide and am the youngest analyst they have for their sales operations.

Extracurricular: In college, I held an officer position for 2 years in my sorority, was in multiple business school clubs, on the club soccer team at A&M, along with volunteering at The Boys & Girls Club. Post College: I was selected to be president of Oracle Volunteers and well as being in the Austin Young Chamber of Commerce.

Post MBA Goals: I am looking for a concentration in finance and would like to go into consulting at one of the Big 4.

Concerns: I'm concerned that my GPA/GRE is too low for the schools I am considering as well as my age and years of work experience. Also, what are your thoughts on submitting the GRE vs GMAT scores?

Schools Applying to (In preference order):
Vanderbilt
Washington (Foster)
Notre Dame
Ohio State
Georgia Tech
Rice
You have a lot to be proud of and I think many schools would be interested in your profile. Your GRE score may get you more traction and I think you an be competitive in all the schools you list. For consulting these big 4 will have relationships with all the major programs. You might also add UNC Kenan-Flagler and Indiana also. I think you are selling yourself short to say no to top 20- I encourage you to reach out to us for a free consult to help more about how we can build your confidence and help you tell your most compelling stories. Your work progression is impressive.
Here is a link for a free consult with us: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... b-visitor/

I am realistic and know that my scores are too low for top 20 schools so I am looking just below that. I'd like to know if I stand a chance at any of the above schools and if I should be targeting others around this rank area?

Any insight is much appreciated :)

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Kudos [?]: 92 [0], given: 42

Re: 24 YO Female Profile Evaluation   [#permalink] 23 Jun 2017, 06:41

24 YO Female Profile Evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap