Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 23:02 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 23:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Status:I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul!!
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V30
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 216 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 216 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: 740 - If I can do it, anyone can (My tips) [#permalink]
Hi Pooja! Congrats on your score. This is brilliant.
I really suck at CR and have been struggling with it since a while, does egmat have a specific course for CR too. Can you suggest something that will help improve my accuracy in CR.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 186
Send PM
Hey pooja,
amazing score!!Am facing a similar problem..I have my GMAT soon and am stuck at low verbal accuracy.Time crunch and pressure just gets on me and i lose confidence towards the end.Can you suggest what should i do to increase my verbal score from 34 to 42 in a span of 10 days.?? :|
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Send PM
Hi Buddy,

Quite an inspiring debrief.

I have been thinking from sometime for appearing in GMAT, but somehow had been procrastinating under one pretext or the other. Now, to kick myself into fifth gear, I have just taken a date in second week of july without preparing much for GMAT. Hope things will pan out well.
Once earlier, I had prepared for CAT-IIM and had been quite decent in quant. So, I am not much worried about it, but Verbal had been my nemesis then and I believe it still is.

I have picked up Manhattan notes and OG 13.

I am looking to follow what you have done. I am from gurgaon and don't know where to get the practice material. Can you point me towards the source where and how I can get these (few picked from your debrief)

I am looking for these:
Reading/ practice material - Grockit question bank + e-GMAT RC , Grail series from Aristotle prep,
Tests - Mgmat, gmatprep, Free Kaplan Test, Free Princeton Test

Or if you think I need to prioritize material differently, you are more than welcome to point that too.

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Hey Jolie!

congrats on your score. and thanks for taking the time to share your experience.

Does your 80% rule apply to the OG questions? I have just finished the SC part of the OG, and my overall accuracy was ~80% . Do you think that's enough for me to move on to other sections? I am aiming for 40+ in verbal but I'm not a native English speaker
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 431 [0]
Given Kudos: 131
Send PM
Hi Pooja,
Brilliant debrief, very detailed and helpful. Currently my status in mocks is somewhat similar to your in mocks. Scoring in the range of 600-640. Am aiming at a score of 700+ too. For quant my scores are usually between 43-46 and verbal its varies from a 20-35, with regards to 80% accuracy i am almost there on quant but verbal my accuracy is just 50-60%, what is the best time to join egmat course, i am trying to postpone it till i do a gmatprep test and then decide. I have 50 days for my gmat and was thinking will join a course if required 30 days prior to it. What do you think? Can this plan backfire? Since i will be attending the course but wont be practicing much with the concepts learned.

Thanks and good luck with your applications.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Congrats Jolie!
Can you give us some more details on the 'process'. Would like to understand a bit more and see if we can build around it.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
for the improvement of English vocabulary what should i do ? for gmat English vocabulary improvement what books are preferential .
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congrats Jolie :)

Can you / anyone else please tell me whether it is better to leave a question blank in case you don't know how to solve it OR make a guess ? What leads to a more negative score ? Wrong answer or an unanswered question ?

Please let me know!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 87
Send PM
Hello,

Thank you for the wonderful debrief.

I need advice on Sentence Correction questions. When I seem to study I feel I've got the hang of it but I always falter in the exam.

My question - Where did you practice SC questions from besides the official guide ?

Thank you !
e-GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 30797 [0]
Given Kudos: 635
GMAT Date: 08-19-2020
Send PM
Expert Reply
Dear Parul,

Responding since Pooja has not been very active. Here are a few sources that provide good practice:

1. GMAT Prep question pack 1.
2. OG Verbal review (if you have not completed the same)
3. GMAT Paper based tests
4. e-GMAT UGE (on the old platform) + Workshops.

The sources above should give you 400+ practice questions.

Regards,

Rajat Sadana
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 620 Q48 V27
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Hi

First of all many congrats on this fantastic feat.

I am in dire need to push up my verbal scores hovering around early 20's and I feel from the mocks I have taken so far a low verbal score was primarily due to 2 reasons - lack of accuracy due to not so thorough concepts and lack of time management.

Just wanted to know if enrollment for Emat gmat Live Prep or Online course would better serve my purpose. I am a bit concerned on the fee for these courses as I have already invested a fortune on attending coaching classes at multiple centres for GMAT but yeilded not much improvement.

Pls advice a value for money bet. Awainting response
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Send PM
Congrats Pooja! That's an amazing score! Just want to double check with you what do you mean by 80-20 rule in mocks? Could you please explain it one more time? Also how long did it take for you the entire preparation for the gmat?? I started only few weeks ago and was wondering if 2 months is enough time to prepare? Also the last question I have, is regarding the question pack from gmat prep, is it an additional package you can buy from official gmat website? Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Send PM
egmat wrote:
Dear Parul,

Responding since Pooja has not been very active. Here are a few sources that provide good practice:

Regards,

Rajat Sadana

Hi Rajat,

Could you please tell me where can I get the Gmat prep queation pack 1? Is it from official gmat website an additional question pack? Do you know how many questions it contains?

Many thanks!
Gintare
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 137 [0]
Given Kudos: 151
Send PM
Incredible...thanks for sharing the tips...and all the best.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 85
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
Pooja,

Thanks for the encouraging words! I too scored a low verbal score on my first gmat prep 1 attempt. I hope that I one day, in a not so distant future, I shall also be able to write down my success story!

All the best for your applications!

kind regards,
Alseca
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
egmat wrote:
Dear Parul,

Regards,

Rajat Sadana

Oh please, what a fake planted review for e-gmat. Pooja Jolie? Are you kidding me? No Indian person has a last name Jolie. And second, not a single person (except the company) would be motivated to write such a long, detailed review and continually answer questions. So fake. No integrity. Disappointing. I constantly get e-gmat promotional material, it's all written by the same person. So fake. If you want to advertise, just advertise, don't bs around.
e-GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 30797 [0]
Given Kudos: 635
GMAT Date: 08-19-2020
Send PM
Expert Reply
Quote:
Oh please, what a fake planted review for e-gmat. Pooja Jolie? Are you kidding me? No Indian person has a last name Jolie. And second, not a single person (except the company) would be motivated to write such a long, detailed review and continually answer questions. So fake. No integrity. Disappointing. I constantly get e-gmat promotional material, it's all written by the same person. So fake. If you want to advertise, just advertise, don't bs around.

gmatkickedmybutt – I am not sure what made you write the above, however a number of statements you mentioned are far from facts. BTW – this is quite a statement by someone who has not used our course and is willing to offer someone $10,000 to help you ace the GMAT

took-the-gmat-twice-got-610-10-000-reward-213160.html

Let’s look at some of your statements, take them one by one and compare them to the facts:

Statement 1:Not a single person would continually answer questions.

You are right. The last time the Pooja answered a question was in May 2013 – more than 2.5 years ago. The response that you quoted was written by me under the username egmat. Had you cared to read carefully, you would have noticed that.

Statement 2: Not a single person would write such a long debrief?

There are many debriefs on this forum that are much longer than this one. Some of them are by eGMATers while others are by students who have benefitted from other courses. Are you saying all the debriefs by themselves are fake. You know – many of these debriefs are written by GMAT Club moderators. Take a look at some below:

hardwork-never-gets-unrewarded-for-ever-189267.html
The same guy’s video interview is right here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTK9-5LWdnU. By the way, he is also fielding questions on Tepper here https://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/tep ... s-36075043

Below are quite a few debriefs that are quire long too…
from-600-to-760-q51-v41-secure-700-with-5m-plan-4-take-aways-210980.html
780-q50-v47-old-fogey-who-me-stop-kidding-boy-190828.html
long-debrief-800-q51-v51-ir-8-awa-135335.html
and there are many more…..

Further Evidence - GMAT Club Reviews

Do you know that we have 970+ reviews on GMAT Club? Over the last 4 months, eGMATers have accounted for ~50% of the reviews in the gmat prep section. The reason I am stressing about the last 4 months is because 4 months back GMAT Club instituted a rule that to post a review, a student needs to have

1. A verified score report
2. Have posted 25 responses on GMAT Club
3. Have a valid .edu email address

If the reviews were truly fake, e-GMAT would not accounting for many reviews. On the contrary, we have been accounting an ever increasing share of GMAT Prep reviews since this rule was instituted.

LinkedIn profiles and Video debriefs

Do you know that the 200+ success stories that we have on e-GMAT.com have LinkedIn profiles associated with them? You can click through and see who the person behind these reviews is. Moreover, we do Video debriefs with a certain percentage of our students. These are unedited debriefs that you can see at the link below:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... caQTR6mAia

Statement 3 -No Indian would have a last name Jolie

I cannot answer that one. There are 1.1 Billion Indians with many different last names. I don't know all the last names and you probably cannot claim that either. However, remember that no one chooses their name or for that matter their family name. However, I would ask you to implore one question – If I truly were to write a fake debrief, why would I chose a name that would stand out.

Let’s compare the numbers

I looked up your profile and noticed that you have taken GMAT Pill’s course and Magoosh’s course. We have more verified reviews, more LinkedIn profiles of successful students, and more video interviews than both these companies combined do. I understand that you were not able to do well on the GMAT despite putting in the effort but I am not sure what prompted you to write about e-GMAT.

did-i-make-gmat-history-i-think-i-did-208344.html

BTW – the two math forum moderators Engr2012 (he posted on your post here) and Harley1980 are both e-GMAT students and have written longer debriefs then the debrief in question. Are you saying they are fake too.. Below are their debriefs for reference

650-to-750-a-10-month-journey-to-the-score-203190.html
740-q50-v40-awa-4-5-ir3-anti-debrief-203593.html#p1561103

Think about it…
-Rajat Sadana
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2 
Moderator:
Founder
37312 posts