GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Oct 2018, 12:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Admits from Simon, UIUC, Rutgers, and Schulich. Help.

new topic post reply Update application status  

UIUC vs Simon Rochester vs Rutgers vs Schulich (India). Please vote.

• 10% [1]
  • 40% [4]
  • 20% [2]
  • 30% [3]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.6
Reviews Badge
Admits from Simon, UIUC, Rutgers, and Schulich. Help.  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 09 Apr 2018, 15:40
Hi,

Guys, I really need your suggestions.

I have got the following offers (all full time):
1. University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign + scholarship.
2. ‎Simon Rochester, New York + scholarship.
3. ‎Rutgers, New Jersey + scholarship.
4. ‎Shulich India-Canada MBA + scholarship.

My short-term plan is to remain in I.T. Line. I would like to get into product management or entrenuership.

I believe I am more interested in UIUC.

Please suggest.

Originally posted by shm111 on 30 Mar 2018, 13:31.
Last edited by shm111 on 09 Apr 2018, 15:40, edited 4 times in total.
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G
Re: Admits from Simon, UIUC, Rutgers, and Schulich. Help.  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2018, 13:45
I would say Simon is the top school of the bunch, but I would also consider how post-MBA hiring opportunities for an international will affect your decision here. Ultimately you should go to the school you are most passionate for and feel is a better fit, so if your heart if pushing you to UIUC don't ignore that feeling.

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 650 Q42 V38
GPA: 3.3
WE: Marketing (Other)

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2018, 08:53
Congrats for the admission offers!

First of all, I believe it's important for you to decide if you want to study in Canada, where you would have better chances to stay after the MBA, or in the US. If you decide to go to the US, I believe the three schools are peers. Illinois probably has a great program, but the school's main focus is the Undergrad program, as you can see in this article below. If I were you, I would probably choose Simon, but I believe it's always better to choose the place where you feel that would have the best fit for you in terms of community, location and career (at least that was how I made my decision). :-)

https://poetsandquants.com/2017/10/26/i ... ming-gift/
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2018, 09:22
Thank you so much VeritasPrepDozie and mbaclass2020.

Considering either Simon or UIUC MBA program, I have decided to move to US. Canada is a good option, but I would have thought of going to Schulich if I got the Canada program. So, in my case, US is a clear winner. Also, I have other reasons to select US.

Simon is a finance school. Simon placement records show so. Also, staying in New York will be a bit more expensive, but I definitely will get better networking opportunities.

Illinois is more of a tech oriented undergrad school, but the overall university impresses me. I'm not sure why its bschool rankings are going down. Also, the class size is small. This set-up has its pros and cons both.

The placement records and rankings of both the schools are almost similar on US news.

4th April is the deposit deadline.

I'm confused.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 650 Q42 V38
GPA: 3.3
WE: Marketing (Other)

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2018, 10:55
shm111 wrote:

Considering either Simon or UIUC MBA program, I have decided to move to US. Canada is a good option, but I would have thought of going to Schulich if I got the Canada program. So, in my case, US is a clear winner. Also, I have other reasons to select US.

Simon is a finance school. Simon placement records show so. Also, staying in New York will be a bit more expensive, but I definitely will get better networking opportunities.

Illinois is more of a tech oriented undergrad school, but the overall university impresses me. I'm not sure why its bschool rankings are going down. Also, the class size is small. This set-up has its pros and cons both.

The placement records and rankings of both the schools are almost similar on US news.

I'm confused.

Hi shm111,

I agree with you that Simon is a very finance-oriented program! But I know an international from Simon who will be interning at Dell this summer, if you want I can PM you his contact. I was just researching about the Illinois MBA and it seems to be a very structured program and, as you said. Both Universities are ranked among the top 50 in the US according to US News. I am sure you will have a great experience at any of the two schools!
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2018, 22:56
mbaclass2020 wrote:
shm111 wrote:

I'm confused.

Hi shm111,

I agree with you that Simon is a very finance-oriented program! But I know an international from Simon who will be interning at Dell this summer, if you want I can PM you his contact. I was just researching about the Illinois MBA and it seems to be a very structured program and, as you said. Both Universities are ranked among the top 50 in the US according to US News. I am sure you will have a great experience at any of the two schools!

Thanks again mbaclass2020.
It would be great to connect with someone who is at Simon. Please PM me his information. I will revert to your PM.

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Admits from Simon, UIUC, Rutgers, and Schulich. Help. &nbs [#permalink] 31 Mar 2018, 22:56

Admits from Simon, UIUC, Rutgers, and Schulich. Help.

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, Wilch, swbluedevil

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap