GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Oct 2018, 06:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

All You Need to Know about the New GMAT Prep [Practice & Questions]

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
All You Need to Know about the New GMAT Prep [Practice & Questions]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 May 2018, 22:20

All You Need to Know about the Next Generation of GMAT Prep

GMAC released their new practice platform on April 30th. Here is what you need to know:

• Old GMAT Prep Software is Dead. It has been discontinued and abandoned
  • GMAT Prep will NOT be converted to the new Shorter GMAT format
  • GMAC released the new online version of GMAT Prep called GMAT Official Practice Exams and Questions
  • New Platform has the same content, unfortunately, so we won't get any new questions from it
  • There is no migration path for those who have already started taking the old GMAT Prep exams or Exam packs (more on that below)
  • Practice Link: https://gmatofficialprep.mba.com/SarasExamPrep - for some reason it is Sara's Exam Prep. Anyone know why?

Important Notes for Exam Packs and Practice Questions

• Access is now restricted to 12 months; you also must activate the product within 12 months of purchase
  • If you have purchased EP1, EP2, or QP1 between Jan 16 and April 15, you can upgrade for FREE to the new platform
  • However, there is no migration path for those who have already started using Exam Packs or Practice Questions from the old to the new platform
    • If you have already started working on Test 3, 4, 5, or 6 (Paid), if you upgrade, you will lose your progress
    • Worse, your scores will be unreliable as you will see repeat questions
    • If you already started using EP1 or EP2, finish the pack and upgrade the remaining (e.g. finish Test 4 and upgrade Tests 5 and 6 to the online version)
    • You only have until May 11th to request a free upgrade
  • You must purchase EP 1 (Tests 3 and 4) to enable the ESR on the web version for ALL tests (1, 2, as well as 5, and 6). Otherwise, you will not get ESR
  • There will be EP3 (Tests 7 and 8) as well as additional Questions to practice (QP2). There is no timeline available currently about the timing for the release

Known Bugs & Technical Issues with GMAT Practice:

• You need to disable your pop up blocker or it won't work
  • Questions seem to take a few seconds to load (reports say some people experience longer delays with slower connections). Several people have experienced API connection issue.
  • It will often freeze while finishing a practice test (Report of Canceled Score). The fix (more is here) for this is to go back to the original window and click "Continue Test"

What do you think about the new GMAT Prep Practice & Questions?
What Questions or Tips do you have for the new platform?

-
Attachment:
GMAT Official Prep.png
GMAT Official Prep.png [ 10.44 KiB | Viewed 8644 times ]

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Verbal OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Quant OG2019 Directory is here! - New!

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Board of Directors
P
Re: All You Need to Know about the New GMAT Prep [Practice & Questions]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 May 2018, 00:05
Top Contributor
I do think GMAC made another false step.

For those who have already purchased the paid contents (QP,EP and so forth) at least it had to guarantee the access to the new platform for at least six months.

This way, should you buy once again ?' Moreover, the access is for 12 months only ?? why this, I do not care if I see repeated questions lifetime, so ?? where is the problem if I do wanna this ??

Not to mention, the mother of all policy: 8 times at most to take the exam lifetime.......

The pressure from competitors often leads you to pitfalls.

Regards

COLLECTION OF QUESTIONS AND RESOURCES
Quant: 1. ALL GMATPrep questions Quant/Verbal 2. Bunuel Signature Collection - The Next Generation 3. Bunuel Signature Collection ALL-IN-ONE WITH SOLUTIONS 4. Veritas Prep Blog PDF Version 5. MGMAT Study Hall Thursdays with Ron Quant Videos
Verbal:1. Verbal question bank and directories by Carcass 2. MGMAT Study Hall Thursdays with Ron Verbal Videos 3. Critical Reasoning_Oldy but goldy question banks 4. Sentence Correction_Oldy but goldy question banks 5. Reading-comprehension_Oldy but goldy question banks

Manager
Manager
S
Re: All You Need to Know about the New GMAT Prep [Practice & Questions]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 May 2018, 12:13
bb wrote:
If you already started using EP1 or EP2, finish the pack and upgrade the remaining (e.g. finish Test 4 and upgrade Tests 5 and 6 to the online version

It doesn't seem that I can transfer my EP 1 or 2 to the website since I purchased it via Empower, but that's another problem.

As far as the exam packs themselves...the question separation is the same, correct? I already did GMATPrep Exam 1, 2, and 3 on the desktop software. If I only did online tests 4, 5, 6, I wouldn't see repeat questions from the desktop 1, 2, 3 exams?
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 03 May 2018, 12:56
jsheppa wrote:
bb wrote:
If you already started using EP1 or EP2, finish the pack and upgrade the remaining (e.g. finish Test 4 and upgrade Tests 5 and 6 to the online version

It doesn't seem that I can transfer my EP 1 or 2 to the website since I purchased it via Empower, but that's another problem.

As far as the exam packs themselves...the question separation is the same, correct? I already did GMATPrep Exam 1, 2, and 3 on the desktop software. If I only did online tests 4, 5, 6, I wouldn't see repeat questions from the desktop 1, 2, 3 exams?

You can contact EMPOWER and I am sure they can help you with converting to the online - I am doing the same thing for the Premium Members on GMAT Club who have purchased the Packs via GMAT Club at a discount.

As to your other question, I do not believe Test 3 and Test 4 are separated but Tests 3/4 and Tests 5/6 are as groups. I think the Tests 3/4 have one bank they draw on and so do 5/6. I have no proof though :-)

Founder of GMAT Club

Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 03 May 2018, 14:29
bb wrote:
You can contact EMPOWER and I am sure they can help you with converting to the online - I am doing the same thing for the Premium Members on GMAT Club who have purchased the Packs via GMAT Club at a discount.

For others that needed to do this: Empower support got back to me in about 10 minutes of submitting a ticket, and GMAC support got back to me about 10 minutes after I talk to their rep. Whole process less than an hour. Sucks that it has to be done at all, but that's GMAC's doing.

Could be worse, I guess.
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
V
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170

Show Tags

New post 03 May 2018, 19:00
Hi jsheppa,

I'm glad all of this was handled quickly and effectively (even though it was all a bit of a nuisance). For anyone else who might have similar questions, we've posted an announcement in the EMPOWERgmat Course Syllabus for all of our Clients that explains the 'steps' to converting Exam Packs.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

760+: Learn What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/

*****Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!*****

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 03 May 2018, 19:06
Is exam 1's question bank meant to be different to exam 2's question bank? I got some questions in exam 2 on the new platform that I had seen from exam 1 on the old desktop platform

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Founder
Founder
V
All You Need to Know about the New GMAT Prep [Practice & Questions]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 May 2018, 20:06
wolfgangkhan wrote:
Is exam 1's question bank meant to be different to exam 2's question bank? I got some questions in exam 2 on the new platform that I had seen from exam 1 on the old desktop platform

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

No, there is no separation between question banks for tests 1 and 2 for sure and likely no separation for 3/4 (between 3 and 4 that is) or 5/6 (between 5 and 6 that is). There is clearly a separation between EP1 and EP2 - about $50 worth of separation ;)

Founder of GMAT Club

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 May 2018, 20:56
bb wrote:
[*] Practice Link: https://gmatofficialprep.mba.com/SarasExamPrep - for some reason it is Sara's Exam Prep. Anyone know why?[/list]

Its actually known as SARAS in many IT firms in india. The product seems to be purchased by GMAC after GWIZZ (older online content provider)

http://saras.excelindia.com/saras/
Director
Director
G
Affiliations: AB, cum laude, Harvard University (Class of '02)
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GRE 1: Q168 V169
WE: Education (Education)

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 04 May 2018, 08:53
Top Contributor
bb wrote:
[*] There is no migration path for those who have already started taking the old GMAT Prep exams or Exam packs (more on that below)

[*] If you have purchased EP1, EP2, or QP1 between Jan 16 and April 15, you can upgrade for FREE to the new platform
[*] However, there is no migration path for those who have already started using Exam Packs or Practice Questions from the old to the new platform
  • If you have already started working on Test 3, 4, 5, or 6 (Paid), if you upgrade, you will lose your progress
  • Worse, your scores will be unreliable as you will see repeat questions
  • If you already started using EP1 or EP2, finish the pack and upgrade the remaining (e.g. finish Test 4 and upgrade Tests 5 and 6 to the online version)
  • You only have until May 11th to request a free upgrade
[*] You must purchase EP 1 (Tests 3 and 4) to enable the ESR on the web version for ALL tests (1, 2, as well as 5, and 6). Otherwise, you will not get ESR
[*] There will be EP3 (Tests 7 and 8) as well as additional Questions to practice (QP2). There is no timeline available currently about the timing for the release[/list]

Thanks for all the helpful info, bb!

To clarify: there IS still a migration path for those who have started taking the old paid GMATPrep Exams 3-6 (Exam Pack 1 is tests 3/4 and Exam Pack 2 is tests 5/6), so long as they purchased the EPs/QP after 1/16, but that migration path is admittedly compromised: you are not allowed to save your progress / analytics on your old tests, and if you have taken the tests before, then you do risk seeing repeat questions when you re-take them on the online version of the GMATPrep software (and thus inflating your diagnostic scores).

It's pretty quirky that you need to buy EP1 to see your analytics for all of the paid tests, including EP2! I guess GMAC doesn't want you to buy the exam packs out of order.

Exam Pack 3 (EP3)...interesting! I wonder whether it will show up before the mythical Question Pack 2, which has been "upcoming" for about 3 years now.

Random side note: isn't calling this exam data feature an "ESR" a stretch/confusing, since the term ESR should be reserved for actual Enhanced Score Reports from official GMATs? I know that's what GMAC calls it, but I would prefer the term "GMATPrep ESR" or "Official GMAT Practice Exam ESR" to avoid confusion, since they are different. With my students I simply refer to them as "practice test analytics."

-Brian

Harvard grad and 99% GMAT scorer, offering expert, private GMAT tutoring and coaching, both in-person (San Diego, CA, USA) and online worldwide, since 2002.

One of the only known humans to have taken the GMAT 5 times and scored in the 700s every time (700, 710, 730, 750, 770), including verified section scores of Q50 / V47, as well as personal bests of 8/8 IR (2 times), 6/6 AWA (4 times), 50/51Q and 48/51V (1 question wrong).

You can download my official test-taker score report (all scores within the last 5 years) directly from the Pearson Vue website: https://tinyurl.com/y94hlarr Date of Birth: 09 December 1979.

GMAT Action Plan and Free E-Book - McElroy Tutoring

Contact: mcelroy@post.harvard.edu (I do not respond to PMs on GMAT Club.)

...or find me on Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/GMATpreparation

Originally posted by mcelroytutoring on 03 May 2018, 22:57.
Last edited by mcelroytutoring on 04 May 2018, 08:53, edited 1 time in total.
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 03 May 2018, 23:24
mcelroytutoring wrote:

To clarify: there IS still a migration path for those who have started taking the old paid GMATPrep Exams 3-6 (Exam Pack 1 is tests 3/4 and Exam Pack 2 is tests 5/6), so long as they purchased the EPs/QP after 1/16,
-Brian

I disagree. You are calling a replacement program a “migration”. There is nothing that is migrating because not a single piece of data is transferred.

Instead, those who have bought a now invalid product are given a replacement.

Posted from my mobile device

Founder of GMAT Club

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 03 May 2018, 23:49
Hello,

I purchased GMATPrep Software Study Collection Product bundle on 27th November 2017.
But I haven't yet activated my Exam Packs 1 and 2 and Question Pack 1.
Will they exchange my activation codes for the new ones now?
Director
Director
G
Affiliations: AB, cum laude, Harvard University (Class of '02)
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GRE 1: Q168 V169
WE: Education (Education)

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 07 May 2018, 17:50
Top Contributor
bb wrote:
mcelroytutoring wrote:

To clarify: there IS still a migration path for those who have started taking the old paid GMATPrep Exams 3-6 (Exam Pack 1 is tests 3/4 and Exam Pack 2 is tests 5/6), so long as they purchased the EPs/QP after 1/16,
-Brian

I disagree. You are calling a replacement program a “migration”. There is nothing that is migrating because not a single piece of data is transferred.

Instead, those who have bought a now invalid product are given a replacement.

Posted from my mobile device

Hi bb,

To clarify, it's not me who is choosing to call this process a "migration": it's the term that GMAC has already used for switching from the desktop GMATPrep software to the online software (and no, the process has nothing to do with transferring your test data from the old GMATPrep software, nor is this possible for any user). If no one can transfer any data from the old tests, and data needs to be transferred to qualify as a migration (in your opinion), then why would GMAC call the process a "migration" at all?

source: GMAC Website

The reason GMAC calls it a migration is that it's not the *data* that is migrating; it's the *user* that is migrating from the old desktop GMATPrep software to the online tests. Yes, it would be nice if the data transferred, but why does the data have to transfer in order to qualify as a migration? A migration simply means "a movement from one place to another": you can migrate from the U.S. to Canada, for example, even if you leave all your belongings behind. ;)

-Brian

Harvard grad and 99% GMAT scorer, offering expert, private GMAT tutoring and coaching, both in-person (San Diego, CA, USA) and online worldwide, since 2002.

One of the only known humans to have taken the GMAT 5 times and scored in the 700s every time (700, 710, 730, 750, 770), including verified section scores of Q50 / V47, as well as personal bests of 8/8 IR (2 times), 6/6 AWA (4 times), 50/51Q and 48/51V (1 question wrong).

You can download my official test-taker score report (all scores within the last 5 years) directly from the Pearson Vue website: https://tinyurl.com/y94hlarr Date of Birth: 09 December 1979.

GMAT Action Plan and Free E-Book - McElroy Tutoring

Contact: mcelroy@post.harvard.edu (I do not respond to PMs on GMAT Club.)

...or find me on Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/GMATpreparation

Originally posted by mcelroytutoring on 04 May 2018, 09:08.
Last edited by mcelroytutoring on 07 May 2018, 17:50, edited 2 times in total.
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 04 May 2018, 21:02
mcelroytutoring wrote:
To clarify, it's not me who is choosing to call this process a "migration": it's the term that GMAC has already used for switching from the desktop GMATPrep software to the online software (and no, the process has nothing to do with transferring your test data from the old GMATPrep software, nor is this possible for any user). If no one can transfer any data from the old tests, and data needs to be transferred to qualify as a migration (in your opinion), then why would GMAC call the process a "migration" at all?
-Brian

Would you agree that the assumption of your statement is that GMAC never makes mistakes and only proclaims absolute truth? I don't believe they posses that kind of power ;)
I don't think they lied but it is called Marketing and confusion.... simply because someone calls something a something, it does not make that something anything. It also could have been written by an intern (a more likely scenario)

The reiteration of a term that's used wrong does not make it right either. I don't know what they refer to when they say migration but they are missing a big element of it. You could call this a "subscription migration" but then that's not accurate either because the old product did not have a term or subscription of any kind associated with it, while the new product actually expires and terminates 12 months after activation. That's kind of along the lines of a "migration" that a raccoon experiences when a truck hits it. Same concept - raccoon takes nothing with him during the migration :-(

Here is a bit more what i found about migration and a portion of data migration, continuity, and bridging the gap is definitely missing in this migration. It is really a complimentary upgrade, product exchange, or replacement what they have done. https://searchcio.techtarget.com/definition/migration

Founder of GMAT Club

SVP
SVP
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169

Show Tags

New post 05 May 2018, 21:08
ArunimaChoudhury wrote:
Hello,

I purchased GMATPrep Software Study Collection Product bundle on 27th November 2017.
But I haven't yet activated my Exam Packs 1 and 2 and Question Pack 1.
Will they exchange my activation codes for the new ones now?
I think you're out of luck. The replacement codes are being provided only for purchases made after Jan 16, 2018.

Ascore Prep | Live Online

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2018, 19:45
Hi,
The gmatprep official exam page mentioned above asks for a username and password. Can someone clarify?
I tried keying in the details I use for the official Gmat site, but it doesn't work. Also tried with pop ups enabled.
I've tried to get to the same page through the product purchase tab, not working either. Someone help trouble-shoot. TIA.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2018, 05:08
Get Help from the institute for gmat...We offer many online writing services which help you in Gmat. About company services -Papersassistance is a leading professional academic writing company offering the best academic writing services at all grade level. Academic writing, students feel is a challenging assignment because of the various reasons. They often look for an easy solution. For such students, we, at papersassistance prepare best quality content for your academic writing assignment. Just contact us by email, chat with us online and give the details of your requirements; we’ll do the rest, bring you plagiarism free and secure content.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V49
GPA: 3.49
WE: Project Management (Education)

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2018, 08:35
Hello!

I purchased Question Pack 1 and Exam Pack 1 in February. After two weeks of waiting, I finally received my new activation codes for the migrated products. However, these instructions were provided to me:

1. Log into mba.com
2. Click on the “Access GMAT® Official Prep” button on your My Account > My Purchases page
3. Click on the Settings icon on the top right corner of the dashboard
4. Enter your 19-digit activation code in the text box for the product. Please ensure that you are entering in the code and deleting spaces before or after the code.
5. Click the green Activate button

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out what Settings icon they are referring to in the top right corner of the dashboard. Therefore, I cannot enter my new activation codes. Can anyone help or have you made it through this step?

Thanks,

Jessica
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V49
GPA: 3.49
WE: Project Management (Education)

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2018, 08:39
Hi All,

I have solved my own problem. Please let me know if you have any issues migrating.

Best,

Jess
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 570 Q37 V31

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2018, 13:01
Hi,

Quick question (couldn't find something similar in the forum). I have finished one exam through the new Gmatprep online and I got my Overall score (divided in IR, Q and V). On the Gmat Prep old software there was also the detailed performance by type (for instance, on Verbal it showed CR, RC and SC perfomance). I couldn't find that detail on the new online tool. Is that an error or it is not available any more? It was quite good to understand what parts were weaker,

Thanks
GMAT Club Bot
Re: All You Need to Know about the New GMAT Prep [Practice & Questions] &nbs [#permalink] 04 Aug 2018, 13:01

Go to page    1   2    Next  [ 30 posts ] 

All You Need to Know about the New GMAT Prep [Practice & Questions]

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap