GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Dec 2018, 00:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling Alberta University MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
Concentration: Nonprofit
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Re: Calling Alberta University MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Nov 2018, 01:32
A new interview debrief has been posted here https://gmatclub.com/forum/alberta-univ ... brief.html

The interview was conducted over Skype jointly by Chris Lynch and Kristal Owens

New project wSTAT(which Schools To Apply To?)

GMATClub School Ambassador

B-School app with GRE

New - RC Butler - 2 RC's everyday

Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.2
Re: Calling Alberta University MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2018, 08:19
Has anyone received a final decision yet?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V36
WE: Corporate Finance (Venture Capital)

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2018, 08:21
akshitar12 wrote:

I got an admit recently

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2018, 08:23
flash14 wrote:
akshitar12 wrote:

I got an admit recently

Congratulations! :)
When was your Skype interview?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2018, 08:24
akshitar12 wrote:
flash14 wrote:
akshitar12 wrote:

I got an admit recently

Tuesday, 13th November

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2018, 09:19
akshitar12 wrote:
flash14 wrote:
akshitar12 wrote:

I got an admit recently

Did you give your interview as well?

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2018, 09:23
Yes, I gave mine on the 14th..

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2018, 09:25
akshitar12 wrote:
Yes, I gave mine on the 14th..

Then you are likely to receive a final decision by either today or early next week. I got my decision within a day.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2018, 03:39
Hey,

Could anyone tell me if my profile is good enough or not?
I am a commerce graduate from University of Delhi with an aggregate of 72% (above 60% is first division)
I scored 94.6% in my 12th and 9.6 CGPA in 10th.
GMAT 640 (48Q, 30V, 8IR)
IELTS Academic 8.0

Extracurrculars:
I was an athlete in my school days with many gold medals at the All India and State level. (I was a triple jumper)
Won various modelling competitions during my Undergraduate studies.
Held key responsibility positions at the Commerce Society in my college.

Work Experience:
I have been working ever since I passed 12th. Some family circumstances led me to handling the family business. Worked part time for 3 years at my family business.
Since 2016 I have been working full time in the family business and the company has grown about 20 times in turnover ever since I joined it. Our firm is involved in recycling of waste plastics and converting it into usable form. We have crossed the 500,000$ mark in 2017-18.

Post MBA Goals:
I actually want to continue with my family business but shift the base to Canada. The sole purpose of getting into an MBA is to understand how the Canadian market works and hence launching my own organisation.

Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2018, 03:42
bedinikhil6896 wrote:
Hey,

Could anyone tell me if my profile is good enough or not?
I am a commerce graduate from University of Delhi with an aggregate of 72% (above 60% is first division)
I scored 94.6% in my 12th and 9.6 CGPA in 10th.
GMAT 640 (48Q, 30V, 8IR)
IELTS Academic 8.0

Extracurrculars:
I was an athlete in my school days with many gold medals at the All India and State level. (I was a triple jumper)
Won various modelling competitions during my Undergraduate studies.
Held key responsibility positions at the Commerce Society in my college.

Work Experience:
I have been working ever since I passed 12th. Some family circumstances led me to handling the family business. Worked part time for 3 years at my family business.
Since 2016 I have been working full time in the family business and the company has grown about 20 times in turnover ever since I joined it. Our firm is involved in recycling of waste plastics and converting it into usable form. We have crossed the 500,000$ mark in 2017-18.

Post MBA Goals:
I actually want to continue with my family business but shift the base to Canada. The sole purpose of getting into an MBA is to understand how the Canadian market works and hence launching my own organisation.

Thanks in advance.

You have a decent profile but you probably need to strengthen your reason to do an mba. If you can write your sop well, i dont see anything stopping you from getting an admit.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2018, 04:01
Thankyou Flash14.
I was a bit skeptical on my GMAT score and the duration of my work experience. As for my post MBA goal, I am working on my SOP. Will submit the application by the end of this week. Let’s see how it goes.

Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Operations, General Management

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2018, 01:39
Can anybody comment on job prospects after Alberta MBA?
I ask this because the school is in western Canada, where people say the job opportunities are lower than the ones near Toronto.
Wouldn't McMaster be a better opportunity (keeping Rotman aside)?

I do not mean to question anyone's perspective, I genuinely want to ask people's opinion.
I do not know much about either of the school or jobs, that's why seek people's input here.
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
Concentration: Nonprofit
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2018, 05:14
targetbusiness wrote:
I ask this because the school is in western Canada, where people say the job opportunities are lower than the ones near Toronto.

I do not mean to question anyone's perspective, I genuinely want to ask people's opinion.
I do not know much about either of the school or jobs, that's why seek people's input here.

targetbusiness

Did you try to reach out to a few of the alumni either through Decision Tracker or LinkedIn? I guess they will be in a better position to answer your question apart from admission consultants. Sorry, I couldn't be of much help.

New project wSTAT(which Schools To Apply To?)

GMATClub School Ambassador

B-School app with GRE

New - RC Butler - 2 RC's everyday

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V28
WE: Business Development (Health Care)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2018, 05:55
targetbusiness wrote:

Hi. DeGroote (McMasters) is a very good choice not only because of its location but also because of its co-op program. Its co-op program boasts of more than 95% employbility rate because when one graduates from mcmasters co-op program then one is already experienced for a year and that too in the canadian market. This is something which is really liked by the employers. Apart from this, they have a Oscar portal where you upload your resume etc and you gain access to lots of employer partners who have partnerede with McMasters for co-op program. Having said all this, Alberta is no less an option since goodwill value of Alberta is also quite well and there are loads of headoffices located in the Edmonton area. So as such employbility is not much of an issue from alberta as well. Just the 2 minor problems are - one, alberta is way too cold as compared to ontario. Its too North. Way far from Ontario. Two - Like Quebec, the mostly spoken language is French. Also, if you are looking for Alberta district as an option then Haskayne School of business, University of Calgary is also a very good option which boasts of good employbility and enjoys a good rank.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2018, 06:17
saranshgoyal92 wrote:
targetbusiness wrote:

Hi. DeGroote (McMasters) is a very good choice not only because of its location but also because of its co-op program. Its co-op program boasts of more than 95% employbility rate because when one graduates from mcmasters co-op program then one is already experienced for a year and that too in the canadian market. This is something which is really liked by the employers. Apart from this, they have a Oscar portal where you upload your resume etc and you gain access to lots of employer partners who have partnerede with McMasters for co-op program. Having said all this, Alberta is no less an option since goodwill value of Alberta is also quite well and there are loads of headoffices located in the Edmonton area. So as such employbility is not much of an issue from alberta as well. Just the 2 minor problems are - one, alberta is way too cold as compared to ontario. Its too North. Way far from Ontario. Two - Like Quebec, the mostly spoken language is French. Also, if you are looking for Alberta district as an option then Haskayne School of business, University of Calgary is also a very good option which boasts of good employbility and enjoys a good rank.

I am not very sure about your comment on french being the most spoken language. English is the major language and Calgary is a major job market for the graduates. A lot of big companies are headquartered there.

Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2018, 06:21
flash14 wrote:
saranshgoyal92 wrote:
targetbusiness wrote:

I am not very sure about your comment on french being the most spoken language. English is the major language and Calgary is a major job market for the graduates. A lot of big companies are headquartered there.

“Alberta is the fourth largest francophone population in Canada after Quebec, Ontario, and New Brunswick” - I dont say this. Wikipedia says this.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2018, 06:25
saranshgoyal92 wrote:
flash14 wrote:
saranshgoyal92 wrote:
[quote="targetbusiness"]Can anybody comment on job prospects after Alberta MBA?

“Alberta is the fourth largest francophone population in Canada after Quebec, Ontario, and New Brunswick” - I dont say this. Wikipedia says this.[/quote]

If Ontario is ranked above it, then obviously there is no issue pertaining to language. French is the first language only in Quebec. English remains the first language for all the remaining provinces. According to me french is not at all an issue for Alberta. Your remaining concerns are perfect.

Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2018, 06:28
If Ontario is ranked above it, then obviously there is no issue pertaining to language. French is the first language only in Quebec. English remains the first language for all the remaining provinces. According to me french is not at all an issue for Alberta. Your remaining concerns are perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app[/quote]

Yup..thats also true. I also thought exactly the same when I pressed the enter button. For me, I would keep DeGroote as a higher priority though because of the co-op program, though brand value of Alberta exceeds that of McMasters.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2018, 06:30
saranshgoyal92 wrote:

Yup..thats also true. I also thought exactly the same when I pressed the enter button. For me, I would keep DeGroote as a higher priority though because of the co-op program, though brand value of Alberta exceeds that of McMasters.[/quote]

The co-op for Mcmasters is great but you end up spending a lot of time on the internship and you finish your mba after almost 2 years. Might make sense for people with lesser years of experience.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2018, 20:15
Hi folks i am looking to connect with someone who has got an admit. I have a couple of questions regarding the offer. Please pm me if any of you are in the same boat.

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling Alberta University MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021 &nbs [#permalink] 23 Nov 2018, 20:15

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4    Next  [ 74 posts ] 

Calling Alberta University MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap