It is currently 13 Dec 2017, 16:29

Decision(s) Day!:

CHAT Rooms | Ross R1 | Kellogg R1 | Darden R1 | Tepper R1

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 4

GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 3.35
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2017, 05:41
hopeful101candidate wrote:
URGENT HELP NEEDED: For those applying to Cornell through the Consortium, did you interpret the required essay as choosing one essay between the Impact Essay and the Table of Contents? The Consortium app for Cornell says You can upload a document or type an essay, but not both. However, when I upload my Table of Contents, the application tells me I still need to submit the Impact Essay for my submission to be complete. Anyone else experiencing this?

Or have I completely misinterpreted the prompt and have to answer both the TOC and the Impact Essay?

This is weird. You only need one. I did the impact essay and copy and pasted no problem. Can you try just typing "N/A" in the Impact Essay form?

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 75 [0], given: 27

Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2017, 06:43
PierrechonWerbecque wrote:
URGENT HELP NEEDED: For those applying to Cornell through the Consortium, did you interpret the required essay as choosing one essay between the Impact Essay and the Table of Contents? The Consortium app for Cornell says You can upload a document or type an essay, but not both. However, when I upload my Table of Contents, the application tells me I still need to submit the Impact Essay for my submission to be complete. Anyone else experiencing this?

Or have I completely misinterpreted the prompt and have to answer both the TOC and the Impact Essay?

This is weird. You only need one. I did the impact essay and copy and pasted no problem. Can you try just typing "N/A" in the Impact Essay form?

I figured that's what I'll do if I don't hear back from the Consortium. I have emailed them and am waiting to see what they suggest.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2017, 17:21
Hey all. Maybe a dumb question but does the consortium deadline mean they need to have received my official gmat score report by that date? Or are they similar to other schools in that you can submit your unofficial scores and have them get the report later? I know it''s dumb of me not to submit this way ahead of time... somehow slipped my mind while submitting my other schools. If it matters, I'm only applying to Yale through it unless I change my mind in the next 24 hours.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2017, 19:42
How are you all treating the following field under the 'Employment' tab of the Consortium application:

Please describe your responsibilities, accomplishments and skills acquired

I feel like the resume is the place to describe my responsibilities, etc. Are you all leaving this blank as it's not a required field or are you summarizing bullets from your resume in the field?

I have the same question!! Anybody have any insight to share??

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 75 [1], given: 27

Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2017, 19:44
This post received
KUDOS
Jerry, I simply summarized the bullet points from my resume. Even though the field wasn't marked mandatory, I didn't want to later be told I need to enter a description in order for my application to be forwarded to the schools.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Kudos [?]: 75 [1], given: 27

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2017, 19:45
konakona wrote:
Hey all. Maybe a dumb question but does the consortium deadline mean they need to have received my official gmat score report by that date? Or are they similar to other schools in that you can submit your unofficial scores and have them get the report later? I know it''s dumb of me not to submit this way ahead of time... somehow slipped my mind while submitting my other schools. If it matters, I'm only applying to Yale through it unless I change my mind in the next 24 hours.

I called to ask about the GRE and was told that if I'm worried about my scores being received on time, I can e-mail them a copy of my official score report that I can download from the ETS website.
If you don't have an official score report that you can submit (not sure how it works with GMAT) then the application will be marked as incomplete.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2017, 19:46
Jerry, I simply summarized the bullet points from my resume. Even though the field wasn't marked mandatory, I didn't want to later be told I need to enter a description in order for my application to be forwarded to the schools.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

That's what I'm thinking as well. Thanks!

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2017, 07:12
jerryg123 wrote:
konakona wrote:

I called to ask about the GRE and was told that if I'm worried about my scores being received on time, I can e-mail them a copy of my official score report that I can download from the ETS website.
If you don't have an official score report that you can submit (not sure how it works with GMAT) then the application will be marked as incomplete.

Thanks for the reply! Turns out I was worrying over nothing. My scores got reported just in time. Good luck, everyone!

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

GMAT 1: 700 Q39 V47
GMAT 2: 700 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.39
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2017, 06:42
konakona wrote:
jerryg123 wrote:
konakona wrote:

Thanks for the reply! Turns out I was worrying over nothing. My scores got reported just in time. Good luck, everyone!

Obviously this is late, but where would I see that my application is incomplete? I filled in everything I needed to, and the portal says it's complete.

Intern
Intern
B

GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 3.35

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2017, 06:51
They will contact you if you are missing something before they release the application to your schools.

Intern
Intern
B

GMAT 1: 700 Q39 V47
GMAT 2: 700 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.39
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2017, 07:17
PierrechonWerbecque wrote:
They will contact you if you are missing something before they release the application to your schools.

Okay awesome!

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2017, 15:36
Does anybody know about how long it takes Yale to send video questions? Do they give these to all applicants?

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

GMAT 1: 720 Q44 V46

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2017, 17:58
konakona wrote:
Does anybody know about how long it takes Yale to send video questions? Do they give these to all applicants?

I attended Yale's diversity program a few weeks ago, and the AdCom mentioned that video questions would be sent 3 to 4 days after submission for Consortium applicants. Good luck!

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 2 [1], given: 4

GRE 1: 328 Q163 V165
GPA: 3.55

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2017, 11:31
This post received
KUDOS
I submitted my application on Oct. 14 (my rec letters didn't get in until Oct. 15) and I just got a follow-up email from Yale about next steps (the video essay). I still haven't received the video essay link, but the email I did receive went to my Promotions folder in Gmail, so just make sure to check your folders regularly!

Kudos [?]: 2 [1], given: 4

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2017, 11:52
carburantsansplomb wrote:
I submitted my application on Oct. 14 (my rec letters didn't get in until Oct. 15) and I just got a follow-up email from Yale about next steps (the video essay). I still haven't received the video essay link, but the email I did receive went to my Promotions folder in Gmail, so just make sure to check your folders regularly!

Did you receive an update from the Consortium saying your applications have been forwarded to the individual schools? I haven't seen that yet. There have been no changes to my account.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 5

Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.11

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2017, 11:56
I submitted my applications on Oct 13th and I just received the follow up email from Yale this morning and just received the email from the third party with the actual link to answer the question.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 5

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GPA: 3.24
WE: Consulting (Human Resources)

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2017, 12:41

Did you receive an update from the Consortium saying your applications have been forwarded to the individual schools? I haven't seen that yet. There have been no changes to my account.

I don't think they are notifying us when our applications are forwarded because I turned in my application on 10/15 and received an interview invite from McCombs yesterday. I only got an email from McCombs saying they were inputting my info into their portal, which was an hour before I received the interview invite.

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2017, 12:59
ocr2016 wrote:

I don't think they are notifying us when our applications are forwarded because I turned in my application on 10/15 and received an interview invite from McCombs yesterday. I only got an email from McCombs saying they were inputting my info into their portal, which was an hour before I received the interview invite.

I see. But you did receive an email from McCombs saying they received your application right? I haven't received any such email from any of the schools I applied to. Does your VIP page show your invite from McCombs?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 2 [1], given: 2

GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GPA: 3.24
WE: Consulting (Human Resources)

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2017, 13:55
This post received
KUDOS
I don't think they are notifying us when our applications are forwarded because I turned in my application on 10/15 and received an interview invite from McCombs yesterday. I only got an email from McCombs saying they were inputting my info into their portal, which was an hour before I received the interview invite.[/quote]

I see. But you did receive an email from McCombs saying they received your application right? I haven't received any such email from any of the schools I applied to. Does your VIP page show your invite from McCombs?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app[/quote]

No my VIP page does not show my invite from McCombs. But I just realized it does say that my application has been processed and forwarded to my schools. Thanks for the tip. Good luck!

Kudos [?]: 2 [1], given: 2

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2017, 15:48
couayoro wrote:
I submitted my applications on Oct 13th and I just received the follow up email from Yale this morning and just received the email from the third party with the actual link to answer the question.

Same. Good luck! The deadline is tighter than I expected.

Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!!   [#permalink] 19 Oct 2017, 15:48

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7    Next  [ 136 posts ] 

Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap