GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Sep 2018, 09:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all 2018 Indian Applicants

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.87
Calling all 2018 Indian Applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2018, 01:08
bb10 wrote:
Sorry, but that's NOT true.

Almost 80% of internationals are able to recruit for jobs within the US (within the top 16 schools - I dont have any data beyond that). This is from publicly available employment reports.

I was merely trying to state that things could get worse - ofcourse they could get better too!

EasyMBAAdmit - not sure where you are getting your info - it's definitely incomplete I can assure you.

EasyMBAAdmit wrote:
bb10 wrote:
Things have definitely changed w.r.t job offers and ease of recruitment for internationals.

I think anyone going to the US for an MBA should atleast entertain the idea of recruiting outside the US - Asia/Middle East

Couldn't agree more. Majority of my Indian friends who just graduated from top 10 US B Schools have recruited outside of the US. Great jobs (read MBB, bulge bracket IBs) still but just not in the US. Only 2 that I know could get a similar job in the US.

Probably should have made the scope of my analysis clear - My sample size includes Indian nationals in particular amongst all international students (since the person who asked the question initially is Indian) recruiting for top consulting jobs (MBB) and/or top IB firms who graduated in the last six months.

-
- Abhinay (INSEAD MBA Class of 2017 Dec)

I was in your shoes a couple of years ago when I needed MBA Admissions Consulting services and guidance from current students and alumni but always faced the problem of either the admissions consultants being too expensive to afford or not knowing the right student/alumnus from my target school who can guide me. I graduated recently in Dec 2017 from INSEAD and realized that this needs to change and democratizing the consulting process makes much more sense. This is why I have started Easy MBA Admit - An Admissions Consulting service for the people, by the people. Why should you be interested? Here's why:

1. The most affordable admissions consulting service with services starting at $100 (mostly to cover operational expenses) - because we believe more in paying it forward and helping future MBA aspirants rather than making huge profits.

2. All services offered by recent alumni/current students from top B Schools like INSEAD, LBS, CBS, Kellogg, Stern, IESE, Wharton, etc. motivated by goodwill and who were in your shoes not too long ago and hence know how best to position your application.

3. Proud to say that so far we have had a 100% success record at placing aspirants in their target schools. Examples include INSEAD, LBS, IESE, HEC Paris, CBS, Wharton, Kellogg, Stern, NUS, NTU and more

4. Get your Free Intro Call (https://www.easymbaadmit.com/services-1/free-intro-call) with no obligations attached. If you do book any of our services we have a money back guarantee in case you don't like the service.

Website - https://www.easymbaadmit.com
Email - easymbaadmit@gmail.com

MBA Decoder Admissions Consultant
P
Re: Calling all 2018 Indian Applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2018, 07:57
bb10 wrote:
Sorry, but that's NOT true.

Almost 80% of internationals are able to recruit for jobs within the US (within the top 16 schools - I dont have any data beyond that). This is from publicly available employment reports.

I was merely trying to state that things could get worse - ofcourse they could get better too!

I'll chip in with my 2cents in support of that.

Just to give an example, one of my past applicants who is graduating from MSU Broad this year is going to join McKinsey. MSU Broad doesn't sound like a feeder b-school, but this guy still made it. According to him, if you do a focused and sincere job search, finding jobs within the US is not that difficult. At the post-grad level, this advice will stick for all.

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
Call me on my cellphone: +91 9901566772
Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

WE ARE ACCEPTING APPLICANTS FOR OCTOBER/NOVEMBER DEADLINES

SERVICES| PROFILE DISCUSSION | BLOG

Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Technology, Operations
Schools: IIMA (II)
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V31
GPA: 3.9
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2018, 05:59
Hi Network,

Would love to hear from all,
Schools you want to get in: Stanford, Harvard, Wharton, NYU, IIM-A/B/C
Reapplicant? Which schools? No
GMAT, UG: 680 :(. B.Tech in EEE, 3.9 GPA. Gold Medallist. Merit academics all through.
Profile: I am an Indian female with 6.5 years as IT Software engineer. Worked for TCS, Accenture. Growth graph is good. 4 promotions in 6 years. Got many awards and appreciations. Currently a Team Lead.
Current Student
V
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2018, 11:43
ownersinc wrote:
stonecold wrote:
Are there any Average Joe Indian Applicants here?
Feeling flustered with being the only guy with a GRE score in this cruel 770 GMAT zone

Anyone applying to schools in the range 20-50?
No?

My profile outside my GMAT is pretty average. I'm applying for the first time this year, if I reapply next year, I might aim for some 20-50 progs

I just saw your post and though I am late, I wanted to ask you how it feels to have an admit from a top 10 school.

Have an MBA application Question? ASK ME ANYTHING!

My Stuff: Four Years to 760 | MBA Trends for Indian Applicants

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2018, 22:24
Is there a considerable dip in the number of Indians making it to top 10 in US this year? Are there any stats readily available?
Current Student
V

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2018, 22:40
divyansh.rg wrote:
Is there a considerable dip in the number of Indians making it to top 10 in US this year? Are there any stats readily available?

We can pull something up at the end of R3, but I am curious. What makes you think that?

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2018, 05:49
The decision tracker implies so. Also, that is the sentiment with a lot of applicants with whom I discussed personally.
Current Student
V

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2018, 05:54
divyansh.rg wrote:
The decision tracker implies so. Also, that is the sentiment with a lot of applicants with whom I discussed personally.

So I just checked Ross to see a sample. For the class of 2019, GMAT Club had 16 reported admits from India. For this year's class of 2020, I already see 19 reported Indian admits. I honestly think the numbers should be comparable, but perhaps we can do some simple number crunching to see if the odds have toughened as an Indian applicant. Looping in our dataguru Narenn.

My GMAT Resources

My MBA Resources

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

MBA Section Director
D
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2018, 09:35
souvik101990 wrote:
divyansh.rg wrote:

So I just checked Ross to see a sample. For the class of 2019, GMAT Club had 16 reported admits from India. For this year's class of 2020, I already see 19 reported Indian admits. I honestly think the numbers should be comparable, but perhaps we can do some simple number crunching to see if the odds have toughened as an Indian applicant. Looping in our dataguru Narenn.

Thanks! Give me a day to analyse decision tracker stats of Indian applicants this year.

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Current Student
V

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2018, 09:44
Manager
Manager
G
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.3
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Jul 2018, 11:38
Narenn and souvik101990 - Did you guys eventually do this analysis of finding the trend in Indian MBA applicants' number and their success rate?
Re: Calling all 2018 Indian Applicants &nbs [#permalink] 01 Jul 2018, 11:38

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   [ 151 posts ] 

Calling all 2018 Indian Applicants

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap