It is currently 17 Oct 2017, 03:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Nov 2015
Posts: 9

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2016, 13:39
Allday028 wrote:
Wowbagger wrote:
Anyone (or anyone you know) heard about the merit based aid?

People have heard. I'm sure amounts will still go out but they've definitely done an initial notification to more than a couple people.


Are there any stats on what percent of admits get merit based scholarships and what the average amount is?

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 10 Jan 2015
Posts: 140

Kudos [?]: 32 [1], given: 3

Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
Schools: CBS '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q44 V47
GPA: 3.4
WE: Analyst (Other)
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2016, 14:57
1
This post received
KUDOS
NYNY07 wrote:
Allday028 wrote:
Wowbagger wrote:
Anyone (or anyone you know) heard about the merit based aid?

People have heard. I'm sure amounts will still go out but they've definitely done an initial notification to more than a couple people.


Are there any stats on what percent of admits get merit based scholarships and what the average amount is?


Not that I know of. But roughly 50% of those who apply for need based aid get it.

Kudos [?]: 32 [1], given: 3

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Nov 2015
Posts: 9

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2016, 15:29
I requested access to the Facebook group for admits 10 days ago, but haven't got it yet. Anyone else facing a similar problem?

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 09 Jun 2015
Posts: 227

Kudos [?]: 67 [0], given: 32

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2016, 18:53
NYNY07 wrote:
I requested access to the Facebook group for admits 10 days ago, but haven't got it yet. Anyone else facing a similar problem?


Make sure to check your spam folder. My invite ended up there.

Kudos [?]: 67 [0], given: 32

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 09 Jun 2015
Posts: 227

Kudos [?]: 67 [1], given: 32

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2016, 18:55
1
This post received
KUDOS
Wildabout wrote:
Just curious, has anyone who submitted to Re Vera Services a while back and not heard anything considered sending them a note to get a status update?


ReVera is going to submit a round of completed background checks to CBS next week.

Kudos [?]: 67 [1], given: 32

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 14 Apr 2014
Posts: 137

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

Location: United States
Schools: CBS '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.6
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2016, 05:46
AnthonyMason wrote:
Wildabout wrote:
Just curious, has anyone who submitted to Re Vera Services a while back and not heard anything considered sending them a note to get a status update?


ReVera is going to submit a round of completed background checks to CBS next week.


Awesome. Do you mind if I ask how you found that out?

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 09 Jun 2015
Posts: 227

Kudos [?]: 67 [0], given: 32

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2016, 08:48
Wildabout wrote:
AnthonyMason wrote:
Wildabout wrote:
Just curious, has anyone who submitted to Re Vera Services a while back and not heard anything considered sending them a note to get a status update?


ReVera is going to submit a round of completed background checks to CBS next week.


Awesome. Do you mind if I ask how you found that out?


I had to clarify something with them so in the process of doing that I made sure to ask for you all.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kudos [?]: 67 [0], given: 32

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 12 Jun 2014
Posts: 60

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 6

Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.65
WE: Law (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2016, 15:06
FYI, if anyone is interested in doing some travel before school starts, the pre-MBA World Tour just released its itinerary yesterday: http://www.cbsworldtour2016.com/itinerary.html

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 6

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 14 Apr 2014
Posts: 137

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

Location: United States
Schools: CBS '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.6
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2016, 13:32
Awesome. Do you mind if I ask how you found that out?[/quote]

I had to clarify something with them so in the process of doing that I made sure to ask for you all.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Nice, thanks for asking.

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Feb 2016
Posts: 1

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2016, 12:00
1
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hey fellow admits! Congratulations to everyone. I was just accepted and excited to join the club.

I saw something in this forum about Re Vera and had a couple of quick questions on something.

1) I had listed my expected 2016 salary in the application for my current job because I was supposed to be getting a raise at some point in Q1 2016. However, after getting into CBS, I've decided to quit my job in the next couple of months to do other things pre-MBA (opposed to my original plan of staying till June) and I relayed the transition plan to my manager. Obviously, now I don't think I'll get that raise so my current salary as of today is $10K less than what I put on my CBS application.

2) My end date for one of my old jobs (~2.5 years ago) might be off by 3-4 weeks for my old job now that I'm thinking about it. When I was filling out my application, I simply searched my inbox for the last commission pay check I had received for the business I had sold, which was in "June" (and what I put on my CBS app), but I'm not sure if HR has that date as my last or the date I actually exited which was 2-3 weeks earlier so they may have "May" listed. It was a startup and we didn't really have an HR department at the time and none of the people I used to work with are at the company so I didn't have a quick way of checking up the information and just ball parked as close to the time frame I remember leaving in.

Everything else on my employment history in terms of jobs, titles, etc...is accurate and I just didn't think about these things really but after reading about the background check information here, I just decided to go through my app again and got a little nervous about the above. Do any of you, who have gone through Re Vera, have any insight on potential issues I could face?

Thank you so much!

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 22 Jul 2015
Posts: 12

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 8

Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: CBS '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Feb 2016, 02:29
Allday028 wrote:
Not that I know of. But roughly 50% of those who apply for need based aid get it.


Yup i read the same info / stats.
BTW, for anyone interested in applying need-based aid, the deadline is Mar 1st (tmr). :-D

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 8

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 29 Feb 2016
Posts: 8

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Location: United States
Schools: CBS '18 (M)
GPA: 3.6
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2016, 10:10
So, the documentation regarding Re Vera Services on the Columbia To-Do-List says the verification/background check process takes 4 to 6 weeks (either I read it on the admitted student site or on the description on the Re-Vera Services website). Tomorrow makes six weeks since I submitted my consent form, or whatever you call it, to Re Vera Services. Still no word. I am really hoping I hear by the end of the week.

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 12 Jun 2014
Posts: 60

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 6

Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.65
WE: Law (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2016, 11:28
MadMaxwell wrote:
So, the documentation regarding Re Vera Services on the Columbia To-Do-List says the verification/background check process takes 4 to 6 weeks (either I read it on the admitted student site or on the description on the Re-Vera Services website). Tomorrow makes six weeks since I submitted my consent form, or whatever you call it, to Re Vera Services. Still no word. I am really hoping I hear by the end of the week.

I submitted mine in December! Still haven't gotten the go ahead.

I think there are just general delays. No cause for concern.

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 6

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 30 Jul 2015
Posts: 5

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Schools: CBS '18 (M)
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2016, 04:34
deerhunter wrote:
MadMaxwell wrote:
So, the documentation regarding Re Vera Services on the Columbia To-Do-List says the verification/background check process takes 4 to 6 weeks (either I read it on the admitted student site or on the description on the Re-Vera Services website). Tomorrow makes six weeks since I submitted my consent form, or whatever you call it, to Re Vera Services. Still no word. I am really hoping I hear by the end of the week.

I submitted mine in December! Still haven't gotten the go ahead.

I think there are just general delays. No cause for concern.


I'm in the same boat as deerhunter - I submitted in December and have yet to hear. Hopefully we will hear soon!

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Nov 2015
Posts: 5

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

Schools: CBS '18 (II)
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2016, 07:39
Hey guys, congrats on your admits! Has anyone heard back with merit fellowships recently? Or does anyone have more clarity on the timeline? Thanks!

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 10 Jan 2015
Posts: 140

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 3

Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
Schools: CBS '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q44 V47
GPA: 3.4
WE: Analyst (Other)
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2016, 07:43
JPrufrock wrote:
Hey guys, congrats on your admits! Has anyone heard back with merit fellowships recently? Or does anyone have more clarity on the timeline? Thanks!


Lots of merit fellowships have gone out (I think it's safe to say those who were "first choice" already heard). You can still hear about merit fellowships through the summer because if people turn theirs down for other schools they will redistribute the money.

Posted from my mobile device

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 3

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 30 Jul 2015
Posts: 5

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Schools: CBS '18 (M)
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2016, 05:50
Anyone hear back on the check in the last week or two?

Posted from my mobile device

Posted from my mobile device

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 09 Jun 2015
Posts: 227

Kudos [?]: 67 [0], given: 32

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2016, 07:25
noni1 wrote:
Anyone hear back on the check in the last week or two?

Posted from my mobile device

Posted from my mobile device


Nope, and I was actually told by ReVera that everything is fine with my check, so I'm assuming the hold up is on CBS' end.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kudos [?]: 67 [0], given: 32

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 10 Jan 2015
Posts: 140

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 3

Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
Schools: CBS '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q44 V47
GPA: 3.4
WE: Analyst (Other)
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2016, 07:36
I recently got a request to provide documentation on pay/work dates. But that's it and they didn't follow up after I provided it a week ago.

Posted from my mobile device

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 3

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 12 Jun 2014
Posts: 60

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 6

Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.65
WE: Law (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2016, 14:08
I just received confirmation that my Re Vera check is finished from Columbia.

Started the process Dec. 29th so it was definitely over 4-6 weeks for me.

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 6

Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018   [#permalink] 10 Mar 2016, 14:08

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10    Next  [ 193 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: bagdbmba



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.