It is currently 20 Aug 2017, 13:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 07 Jun 2015
Posts: 17

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 15

Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2015, 18:37
IAmHope wrote:
Hi everybody and congratulations to all who got admitted to this stellar program.
Quick question:
Admit weekend, does anybody have an idea about WHEN will it go down?

Thank you in advance :)



I have the same question: When in February is the Admit Weekend?

Thanks!

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 15

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 28 Jul 2014
Posts: 100

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 16

Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2015, 18:44
HopefulOne2015 wrote:
IAmHope wrote:
Hi everybody and congratulations to all who got admitted to this stellar program.
Quick question:
Admit weekend, does anybody have an idea about WHEN will it go down?

Thank you in advance :)



I have the same question: When in February is the Admit Weekend?

Thanks!

Columbia Connect I - Feb 5-6
Columbia Connect II - Apr 8-9
You will receive an invite letter from The Hermes Society regarding this some time after your admission..

- Generalist

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 16

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 02 Dec 2015
Posts: 26

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 1

GMAT 1: 740 Q45 V48
GPA: 3.42
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2015, 18:45
HopefulOne2015 wrote:
IAmHope wrote:
Hi everybody and congratulations to all who got admitted to this stellar program.
Quick question:
Admit weekend, does anybody have an idea about WHEN will it go down?

Thank you in advance :)



I have the same question: When in February is the Admit Weekend?

Thanks!

February 5th and 6th

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 1

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 07 Jun 2015
Posts: 17

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 15

Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2015, 19:07
Finn1492 wrote:
HopefulOne2015 wrote:
IAmHope wrote:
Hi everybody and congratulations to all who got admitted to this stellar program.
Quick question:
Admit weekend, does anybody have an idea about WHEN will it go down?

Thank you in advance :)



I have the same question: When in February is the Admit Weekend?

Thanks!

February 5th and 6th


Thank you guys so much!!

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 15

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Jun 2014
Posts: 7

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Dec 2015, 06:14
Hi, guys
Congratulation on your acceptance!! Really excited to be part of CBS community I have a couple of quick questions.
1) Do you know how long does it take to complete application verification? I submitted the form on Dec, 1st but none of people at my company have been contacted by Re Vera yet.
2) I'm just wondering why they charge CBS applicants cheaper than those in some schools. I paid only $45, while it is $75 for Duke.

Thanks for the answers. See you next year!!

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 19 Apr 2015
Posts: 60

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 8

GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2015, 18:53
solosign wrote:
Hi, guys
Congratulation on your acceptance!! Really excited to be part of CBS community I have a couple of quick questions.
1) Do you know how long does it take to complete application verification? I submitted the form on Dec, 1st but none of people at my company have been contacted by Re Vera yet.
2) I'm just wondering why they charge CBS applicants cheaper than those in some schools. I paid only $45, while it is $75 for Duke.

Thanks for the answers. See you next year!!



I don't know about #1. As for #2 - it is a common practice for Re Vera et al to offer multiple packages that vary in the depth of the investigation conducted. Some may check only recommenders, others may go as far as even checking your extracurricular mentions.

Another factor could be class size/length of contract (signed by the school) etc. On a lighter note, could it be that the school subsidizes this expense, looking at the ~$40k that we have to shell out more than folks who go to Duke? :-D
_________________

For the greatest tragedy of them all is never to feel the burning light.

Image

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 8

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Jun 2014
Posts: 7

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2015, 04:26
Wowbagger wrote:
solosign wrote:
Hi, guys
Congratulation on your acceptance!! Really excited to be part of CBS community I have a couple of quick questions.
1) Do you know how long does it take to complete application verification? I submitted the form on Dec, 1st but none of people at my company have been contacted by Re Vera yet.
2) I'm just wondering why they charge CBS applicants cheaper than those in some schools. I paid only $45, while it is $75 for Duke.

Thanks for the answers. See you next year!!



I don't know about #1. As for #2 - it is a common practice for Re Vera et al to offer multiple packages that vary in the depth of the investigation conducted. Some may check only recommenders, others may go as far as even checking your extracurricular mentions.

Another factor could be class size/length of contract (signed by the school) etc. On a lighter note, could it be that the school subsidizes this expense, looking at the ~$40k that we have to shell out more than folks who go to Duke? :-D


Thanks mate, seems legit enough :)

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 12 Jun 2014
Posts: 60

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 6

Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.65
WE: Law (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2015, 09:57
I'm also doing my ReVera now ... does anyone know which "Applicant ID" I should be using? Is it my PID?

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 6

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 20 Apr 2015
Posts: 11

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.95
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2015, 13:37
deerhunter wrote:
I'm also doing my ReVera now ... does anyone know which "Applicant ID" I should be using? Is it my PID?

No, it's your application reference number.

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Mar 2015
Posts: 4

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Real Estate
GPA: 3.2
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2015, 09:11
Hi guys,

I am wondering about housing, I have a couple of questions which I hope you guys can help me answer:

1) How does housing work for MBA admits? Are we eligible for dorms? If so how much do they cost and will they be available for our summer internships?
2) Do students usually stay on dorms or do they prefer to rent a place further south?

Thank you!!

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Jun 2014
Posts: 7

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2015, 10:11
fabimatz wrote:
Hi guys,

I am wondering about housing, I have a couple of questions which I hope you guys can help me answer:

1) How does housing work for MBA admits? Are we eligible for dorms? If so how much do they cost and will they be available for our summer internships?
2) Do students usually stay on dorms or do they prefer to rent a place further south?

Thank you!!

1) Yes, we are eligible for campus housing but no guarantee that everyone will get it. I think they prioritize on international and out-of-state students. The rental rates vary from $900 to $1600 based on locations and types of accommondations. I'm not sure about summer internship rental.
2) I have no idea about this but I think rental price is one of the most important factors to make a decision. Some of alumni told me that the price is incredibly high for housing rental in NY.
You can find more details in to-do list after paying first tuition deposit.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 09 Jun 2015
Posts: 227

Kudos [?]: 67 [0], given: 32

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2015, 12:18
Have any RD admits received any sort of contact/communication from the school since being accepted? Other than the invite to admit weekend that is.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kudos [?]: 67 [0], given: 32

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Mar 2015
Posts: 4

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Real Estate
GPA: 3.2
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2015, 13:53
solosign wrote:
fabimatz wrote:
Hi guys,

I am wondering about housing, I have a couple of questions which I hope you guys can help me answer:

1) How does housing work for MBA admits? Are we eligible for dorms? If so how much do they cost and will they be available for our summer internships?
2) Do students usually stay on dorms or do they prefer to rent a place further south?

Thank you!!

1) Yes, we are eligible for campus housing but no guarantee that everyone will get it. I think they prioritize on international and out-of-state students. The rental rates vary from $900 to $1600 based on locations and types of accommondations. I'm not sure about summer internship rental.
2) I have no idea about this but I think rental price is one of the most important factors to make a decision. Some of alumni told me that the price is incredibly high for housing rental in NY.
You can find more details in to-do list after paying first tuition deposit.


Great, thanks a lot solosign!! :)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 20 Apr 2015
Posts: 11

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.95
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Dec 2015, 13:06
fabimatz wrote:
Great, thanks a lot solosign!! :)

My interviewer told me that most first-year students west of Chicago are offered on-campus housing.

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 07 Jun 2015
Posts: 17

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 15

Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Dec 2015, 15:11
AnthonyMason wrote:
Have any RD admits received any sort of contact/communication from the school since being accepted? Other than the invite to admit weekend that is.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



I haven't, are we supposed to?

Also, did you get a separate email for the admit weekend with details of the event? I only got the email with access to the welcome page and in there, there isn't much detail on what the admit event would be like, it's only a save-the-date thing.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 15

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 09 Jun 2015
Posts: 227

Kudos [?]: 67 [0], given: 32

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jan 2016, 10:50
HopefulOne2015 wrote:
AnthonyMason wrote:
Have any RD admits received any sort of contact/communication from the school since being accepted? Other than the invite to admit weekend that is.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



I haven't, are we supposed to?

Also, did you get a separate email for the admit weekend with details of the event? I only got the email with access to the welcome page and in there, there isn't much detail on what the admit event would be like, it's only a save-the-date thing.


I haven't received anything, so I was just making sure. And yeah, that's all I have in regards to the admit event as well.

Kudos [?]: 67 [0], given: 32

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 02 Dec 2015
Posts: 26

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 1

GMAT 1: 740 Q45 V48
GPA: 3.42
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2016, 15:10
For housing, the vast majority of students will rent around NYC with the highest concentration in the upper west side or morningside heights/Harlem right by campus. That said, people will rent on the east side, midtown, downtown, Brooklyn, etc. Most won't do campus housing. And yes, housing is very expensive in NYC. The 1450 a month they show in the financial aid package is honestly too low. I've never paid less then 1600 for my share of a an apartment (with roommates). I know people who have paid less but you are usually in areas of the city people don't want to be in or you have outrageously small rooms (think 4 bedroom apartment and you pay 1200 because your room is only big enough for a queen bed against one wall and small dresser on the other wall). And if you want to live alone, you need at least 1800 or so for a serviceable studio. I pay 2100 a month for a small studio in a cheapish part of Manhattan that is a 4 floor walk up. And people think it's a great deal.

Also, as far as getting other communications from the school, the Hermes society should reach out to you to schedule a call. You'll also get an acceptance letter and a gift (water bottle and such) at different times.

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Posts: 43

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Schools: Kellogg '18 (II)
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2016, 16:12
Finn1492 wrote:
For housing, the vast majority of students will rent around NYC with the highest concentration in the upper west side or morningside heights/Harlem right by campus. That said, people will rent on the east side, midtown, downtown, Brooklyn, etc. Most won't do campus housing. And yes, housing is very expensive in NYC. The 1450 a month they show in the financial aid package is honestly too low. I've never paid less then 1600 for my share of a an apartment (with roommates). I know people who have paid less but you are usually in areas of the city people don't want to be in or you have outrageously small rooms (think 4 bedroom apartment and you pay 1200 because your room is only big enough for a queen bed against one wall and small dresser on the other wall). And if you want to live alone, you need at least 1800 or so for a serviceable studio. I pay 2100 a month for a small studio in a cheapish part of Manhattan that is a 4 floor walk up. And people think it's a great deal.

Also, as far as getting other communications from the school, the Hermes society should reach out to you to schedule a call. You'll also get an acceptance letter and a gift (water bottle and such) at different times.



Hi,

Can you share why most of the people won´t go to campus housing?

Thanks a lot!

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 02 Dec 2015
Posts: 26

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 1

GMAT 1: 740 Q45 V48
GPA: 3.42
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2016, 17:28
ubii88 wrote:
Finn1492 wrote:
For housing, the vast majority of students will rent around NYC with the highest concentration in the upper west side or morningside heights/Harlem right by campus. That said, people will rent on the east side, midtown, downtown, Brooklyn, etc. Most won't do campus housing. And yes, housing is very expensive in NYC. The 1450 a month they show in the financial aid package is honestly too low. I've never paid less then 1600 for my share of a an apartment (with roommates). I know people who have paid less but you are usually in areas of the city people don't want to be in or you have outrageously small rooms (think 4 bedroom apartment and you pay 1200 because your room is only big enough for a queen bed against one wall and small dresser on the other wall). And if you want to live alone, you need at least 1800 or so for a serviceable studio. I pay 2100 a month for a small studio in a cheapish part of Manhattan that is a 4 floor walk up. And people think it's a great deal.

Also, as far as getting other communications from the school, the Hermes society should reach out to you to schedule a call. You'll also get an acceptance letter and a gift (water bottle and such) at different times.



Hi,

Can you share why most of the people won´t go to campus housing?

Thanks a lot!


Most people just elect to live around the city. The area around campus isn't one of the better/fun neighborhoods in the city so people go and live in better/more fun neighborhoods. There is no business school specific housing so you can get mixed up with other students. And the accommodations aren't any better then what you would get by renting yourself. I can't find the link but last I read it was between 25-33% in on campus housing and it's mostly international students who don't want to deal with the hassle of renting and/or families.

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Posts: 43

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Schools: Kellogg '18 (II)
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2016, 21:03
Finn1492 wrote:
ubii88 wrote:
Finn1492 wrote:
For housing, the vast majority of students will rent around NYC with the highest concentration in the upper west side or morningside heights/Harlem right by campus. That said, people will rent on the east side, midtown, downtown, Brooklyn, etc. Most won't do campus housing. And yes, housing is very expensive in NYC. The 1450 a month they show in the financial aid package is honestly too low. I've never paid less then 1600 for my share of a an apartment (with roommates). I know people who have paid less but you are usually in areas of the city people don't want to be in or you have outrageously small rooms (think 4 bedroom apartment and you pay 1200 because your room is only big enough for a queen bed against one wall and small dresser on the other wall). And if you want to live alone, you need at least 1800 or so for a serviceable studio. I pay 2100 a month for a small studio in a cheapish part of Manhattan that is a 4 floor walk up. And people think it's a great deal.

Also, as far as getting other communications from the school, the Hermes society should reach out to you to schedule a call. You'll also get an acceptance letter and a gift (water bottle and such) at different times.



Hi,

Can you share why most of the people won´t go to campus housing?

Thanks a lot!


Most people just elect to live around the city. The area around campus isn't one of the better/fun neighborhoods in the city so people go and live in better/more fun neighborhoods. There is no business school specific housing so you can get mixed up with other students. And the accommodations aren't any better then what you would get by renting yourself. I can't find the link but last I read it was between 25-33% in on campus housing and it's mostly international students who don't want to deal with the hassle of renting and/or families.



Thanks for sharing your thoughts!!

Random question now: does anyone knows what is the deadline for the Merit Fellowship? I know is January 6, but I can´t find exactly the time. Many other schools discriminate an precisely hour for the deadline and I found weird that Columbia does not ( or am I missing something?)

Thanks!!

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018   [#permalink] 04 Jan 2016, 21:03

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10    Next  [ 193 posts ] 

    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
25 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 bagdbmba 48 18 Aug 2017, 04:02
7 Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2019 bagdbmba 85 21 Mar 2017, 21:25
1 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants - Class of 2018! faytfy 27 06 Jun 2016, 16:45
287 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018 bagdbmba 1547 17 Jul 2016, 18:04
21 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2017 bagdbmba 211 27 Jul 2015, 11:39
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: bagdbmba



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.