It is currently 15 Dec 2017, 09:40

Decision(s) Day!:

CHAT Rooms | Olin (St. Louis) R1 | Tuck R1 | Ross R1 | Fuqua R1


Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 12 Jun 2014
Posts: 61

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 6

Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.65
WE: Law (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2015, 08:05
KNSK wrote:
Accepted earlier today.

Applied: 9/15
Invite: 10/6 (3 weeks)
Interview: 10/12
Feedback submit: 10/19
Accept: 10/23

Profile:
Top 10 undergrad business school in Boston GPA: 3.9
4 years of bulge bracket IB experience in NYC at matriculation with 1 year as an Associate.
International (Canada/China) with family business in China
GMAT: 700
Recommendation from head of my group
Solid extracurricular/volunteer activities for over two years
Talked to many current students on campus
Went to a club kick-off event (before submitting app) and met a professor one on one separately (after submitting app)
I sent admissions committee thank you notes and status update emails before and after I submitted my application for every event I went to (I just wanted them to know that I was very serious about attending Columbia and only wanted to go there)

Interview went very well - casual conversation that lasted for an hour.

My plan since I was thirteen was to get a good college education, professional experience, and an MBA in the U.S.A. before returning home to help/run family business.

I look forward to meeting all of you in person next year

Congrats, KNSK! Excited to see a fellow Canadian on the board!

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 6

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 28 Feb 2013
Posts: 19

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2015, 07:09
Submitted: 9/23
Invite: 10/14 (3 weeks!)
Interview: 10/20
Feedback submitted: 10/21
Accepted: 10/23

So excited to be accepted - is there a facebook group for admitted students?

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 10 Jan 2015
Posts: 140

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 3

Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
Schools: CBS '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q44 V47
GPA: 3.4
WE: Analyst (Other)
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2015, 07:39
thepoet wrote:
Submitted: 9/23
Invite: 10/14 (3 weeks!)
Interview: 10/20
Feedback submitted: 10/21
Accepted: 10/23

So excited to be accepted - is there a facebook group for admitted students?

I believe you can request access through the admitted students site, though I still haven't been given access.

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 3

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 10 Jan 2015
Posts: 140

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 3

Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
Schools: CBS '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q44 V47
GPA: 3.4
WE: Analyst (Other)
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2015, 02:22
Anyone else going to the admitted students reception on December 5th?

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 3

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 31 Jul 2015
Posts: 4

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 4

Schools: CBS '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V48
WE: General Management (Advertising and PR)
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2015, 06:06
I got my acceptance call last Friday and have yet to get a status change or any information. I followed up via email on Monday and asked if there was something else I should be doing and how I should go about paying my deposit, but have yet to hear back from CBS.

Have any of you had delays like this? Should I follow up again, or should I call them? I don't want my acceptance to fall through the cracks, since I have no physical documentation showing I was admitted. I was just told over the phone.

Thank you!

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 4

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 12 Jun 2014
Posts: 61

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 6

Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.65
WE: Law (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2015, 06:08
Allday028 wrote:
Anyone else going to the admitted students reception on December 5th?

Definitely considering it!

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 6

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 10 Jan 2015
Posts: 140

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 3

Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
Schools: CBS '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q44 V47
GPA: 3.4
WE: Analyst (Other)
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2015, 06:26
kconnelly9 wrote:
I got my acceptance call last Friday and have yet to get a status change or any information. I followed up via email on Monday and asked if there was something else I should be doing and how I should go about paying my deposit, but have yet to hear back from CBS.

Have any of you had delays like this? Should I follow up again, or should I call them? I don't want my acceptance to fall through the cracks, since I have no physical documentation showing I was admitted. I was just told over the phone.

Thank you!

When I got my acceptance call I got an email from the person who called me just congratulating me. Then I got an update on my application the following business day (it was a Friday when I got the call) around mid day with instructions on paying the deposit and asking you to accept or deny admission.

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 3

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 09 Jul 2015
Posts: 32

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Schools: CBS '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2015, 07:22
Allday028 wrote:
Anyone else going to the admitted students reception on December 5th?


It's my birthday and I have a bunch of friends in town so I'm fencing on it. Might go for an hour or so then have to skip out early.

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 14 Dec 2014
Posts: 27

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 11

Location: United States
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.6
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2015, 08:37
Allday028 wrote:
Anyone else going to the admitted students reception on December 5th?


I'll be there, heard its a fun time.

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 11

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 10 Dec 2014
Posts: 7

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

Schools: CBS '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.2
WE: Other (Insurance)
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2015, 12:35
Allday028 wrote:
Anyone else going to the admitted students reception on December 5th?


I'll be there!

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 10 Jan 2015
Posts: 140

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 3

Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
Schools: CBS '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q44 V47
GPA: 3.4
WE: Analyst (Other)
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2015, 16:19
bcya100 wrote:
Allday028 wrote:
Anyone else going to the admitted students reception on December 5th?


I'll be there, heard its a fun time.

So you know what the actual event is? Obviously the main attraction is going out for drinks after.

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 3

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 28 Oct 2015
Posts: 6

Kudos [?]: 7 [1], given: 1

Location: United States
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.75
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2015, 07:55
1
This post received
KUDOS
Hey all - got the call on Wednesday. The whole process went by suprisingly fast - only four weeks from submission to acceptance! Looking forward to meeting all of you.

Submitted: 9/30
Interview Invite: 10/21
Interview: 10/26
Feedback Submitted: 10/26
Accepted: 10/28

Kudos [?]: 7 [1], given: 1

Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 14 Dec 2014
Posts: 27

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 11

Location: United States
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.6
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2015, 07:57
Allday028 wrote:
bcya100 wrote:
Allday028 wrote:
Anyone else going to the admitted students reception on December 5th?


I'll be there, heard its a fun time.

So you know what the actual event is? Obviously the main attraction is going out for drinks after.


It's just a reception at the Columbia Club, exactly what it says in the invite. I agree, the drinks after should be the fun part. Are you going?

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 11

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 12 Jun 2014
Posts: 61

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 6

Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.65
WE: Law (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2015, 10:27
MadGMATter85 wrote:
Hey all - got the call on Wednesday. The whole process went by suprisingly fast - only four weeks from submission to acceptance! Looking forward to meeting all of you.

Submitted: 9/30
Interview Invite: 10/21
Interview: 10/26
Feedback Submitted: 10/26
Accepted: 10/28

Congrats! Care to share a bit more about yourself/your profile?

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 6

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 31 Jul 2015
Posts: 4

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 4

Schools: CBS '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V48
WE: General Management (Advertising and PR)
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2015, 12:05
Anyone know if we need to fill out anything for financial aid? I see on the website that they base the needs based packages and income and savings, is there a form you fill out to give the FinAid department this information? Where do they get this info?

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 4

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 10 Oct 2015
Posts: 9

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Schools: CBS '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V39
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2015, 12:39
Allday028 wrote:
thepoet wrote:
Submitted: 9/23
Invite: 10/14 (3 weeks!)
Interview: 10/20
Feedback submitted: 10/21
Accepted: 10/23

So excited to be accepted - is there a facebook group for admitted students?

I believe you can request access through the admitted students site, though I still haven't been given access.


Did you still not get your access to the FB group? PM me your email address pls.

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 14 Dec 2014
Posts: 27

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 11

Location: United States
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.6
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2015, 13:18
kconnelly9 wrote:
Anyone know if we need to fill out anything for financial aid? I see on the website that they base the needs based packages and income and savings, is there a form you fill out to give the FinAid department this information? Where do they get this info?


The fellowships are merit based, and for those you needed to check them on your application, but I also read somewhere that all ED applicants are considered automatically.

For other financial aid (need based), they get that information from FAFSA, which you will need to fill out after filing taxes for 2015 (so early 2016). This is my understanding from reading a few posts and websites the last few days, but if anyone knows different please share.

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 11

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 10 Jan 2015
Posts: 140

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 3

Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
Schools: CBS '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q44 V47
GPA: 3.4
WE: Analyst (Other)
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2015, 14:23
baker123 wrote:
Allday028 wrote:
thepoet wrote:
Submitted: 9/23
Invite: 10/14 (3 weeks!)
Interview: 10/20
Feedback submitted: 10/21
Accepted: 10/23

So excited to be accepted - is there a facebook group for admitted students?

I believe you can request access through the admitted students site, though I still haven't been given access.


Did you still not get your access to the FB group? PM me your email address pls.

I haven't actually gotten access to the admitted students site. But I did just pay my deposit today so maybe that's the issue.

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 3

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 01 Oct 2015
Posts: 9

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V37
WE: Analyst (Investment Banking)
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2015, 09:56
Allday028 wrote:
baker123 wrote:
Allday028 wrote:
I believe you can request access through the admitted students site, though I still haven't been given access.


Did you still not get your access to the FB group? PM me your email address pls.

I haven't actually gotten access to the admitted students site. But I did just pay my deposit today so maybe that's the issue.


I don't think you need to pay your deposit in order to get your access to the admitted students site, I got my mine in the next day following the acceptance call. Maybe you should check with the adcom on this, the 'status' page and the admitted student sites are running separately

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 09 Feb 2015
Posts: 18

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 2

Location: Russian Federation
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2015, 10:04
Hey guys, just got the news, I'm in for August, Class of 2018. Looking forward to meeting you next year!

Submitted: 09/29
Interview invite: 10/21
Interview: 10/23
Feedback submitted: 10/24
Call: 11/2

Male, 29 (will be 30 at matriculation), a reapplicant, 9 years of WE, finance (industry, IB, PE, public buy-side).

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018   [#permalink] 02 Nov 2015, 10:04

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10    Next  [ 193 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2018

  new topic post reply Update application status  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.