GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Oct 2019, 06:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2020 Intake (Class of Dec 2020)

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 790 Q50 V51
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2020 Intake (Class of Dec 2020)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2019, 00:34
I'm still waiting for my email and I got accepted on Wednesday too. Someone called on behalf of my actual AO (EL) as she was
away so possibly it's related to that and she just has a backlog to get through? Hope we get them soon :)

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 620 Q49 V27
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2020 Intake (Class of Dec 2020)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2019, 03:45
I want to apply for the Insead singapore , I had given GMAT 3 years back and score was 620 and planning to give again in dec this year , I have an exp of more than 9 years which includes 6 years in Goverment of India. I want to work in leading firm financial analyst.
what are suggestions for me?
Manager
Manager
S
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2019, 04:47
tightrope wrote:
I'm still waiting for my email and I got accepted on Wednesday too. Someone called on behalf of my actual AO (EL) as she was
away so possibly it's related to that and she just has a backlog to get through? Hope we get them soon :)

I understand the hype of getting the email - but honestly it's not very useful, it says we need access to the platform and access would be generated in a few days... so there is not much you can do until we are all updated of our status later today, I guess :)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2019, 09:26
Hi all, I'm thinking of starting a 20D WhatsApp group for Singy. Please PM with your # if you'd like you be a part of it and I'll get it going. Or if there is one already going around can some PM me? Thanks

Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2019, 10:22
great idea lyaon15!
I can do the same for Fonty so pls PM me with numbers - unless there is already one going on!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Apr 2019, 02:45
Guys, anyone here on waitlist from Round 1? PM me.

Also, can anyone share any tips/ideas/suggestions to do to increase the chances of getting off the waitlist?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
WE: Asset Management (Other)

Show Tags

New post 28 Apr 2019, 22:56
Received mail from INSEAD and have been wait-listed for Jan 2020 Intake.
I guess I need to apply to b-schools next year......AGAIN.
Quite a long journey filled with rejections :lol:
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 28 Apr 2019, 23:03
SakshamC wrote:
Received mail from INSEAD and have been wait-listed for Jan 2020 Intake.
I guess I need to apply to b-schools next year......AGAIN.
Quite a long journey filled with rejections :lol:

Being waitlisted is not a rejection. It means your profile fits the bill but they might have had some reservations about it. It might be that there was an aspect you didn’t elaborate sufficiently to meet their criteria or it might be that there are a lot of candidates with similar profiles to yours.

There are strategies of getting off the waitlist but obviously it is a difficult road. Also every school is different. I encourage you to read through the older threads of what worked for people.

That being said, keep your head up and don’t put all your eggs in one basket.

INSEAD School Moderator
D
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 29 Apr 2019, 20:33
inandout123

I encourage you to think through their criteria and introspect on what could be improved.. Academics/GMAT - international motivation/orientation – leadership – and contribution. Contribution is often overlooked but it is very important. Show what you have contributed in the past and how you would in the future.

Ideal situation would be to have a fresh test score, a promotion, or a heightened international aspect to your job. However I got somebody off the wait list the month before classes started by submitting an update letter stating how he just became the organizer of the local pickup soccer club. Which demonstrates leadership. So think broadly.

If you haven't already done this, submit a third recommendation if it would add another dimension. If not, don't.

As a blanket statement, most applicants, especially international applicants are extremely professional oriented in their applications, which is a huge mistake honestly. People get into business schools because they make the admissions committee like them and feel something for them. So make sure to reveal who you are as a person; help them get to know you as your friends might know you.

As a reminder, for everyone on this thread, you just want to submit one update that is very substantive. If you submit super trivial stuff it will demonstrate lack of judgement.

inandout123 wrote:

Also, can anyone share any tips/ideas/suggestions to do to increase the chances of getting off the waitlist?

V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 02 May 2019, 21:29
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
inandout123

I encourage you to think through their criteria and introspect on what could be improved.. Academics/GMAT - international motivation/orientation – leadership – and contribution. Contribution is often overlooked but it is very important. Show what you have contributed in the past and how you would in the future.....

This is really helpful. Thanks for the awesome tips and words of wisdom MBAPrepCoach.

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
INSEAD School Moderator
D

Show Tags

New post 02 May 2019, 23:10
Thank you kindly Narenn

Narenn wrote:
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
inandout123

I encourage you to think through their criteria and introspect on what could be improved.. Academics/GMAT - international motivation/orientation – leadership – and contribution. Contribution is often overlooked but it is very important. Show what you have contributed in the past and how you would in the future.....

This is really helpful. Thanks for the awesome tips and words of wisdom MBAPrepCoach.

Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 03 May 2019, 10:15
Did you guys receive final scholarship decisions? I was shortlisted for the scholarship till the 2nd round is finalized.
Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 03 May 2019, 10:31
I did! Surprisingly, I was notified about scholarships I wasn't selected as well.

fingers crossed for you!
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
WE: Other (Internet and New Media)

Show Tags

New post 04 May 2019, 20:33
Totally agree with Farrell. One of the major mistakes is focussing only on professional side in essays. You, as a person, are a mix of personal and professional dimensions. You are not complete without demonstrating who you are in your personal life. Speaking from my experience at INSEAD, you learn the most from your study group, where interpersonal skills matter more than professional skills. Success depends on how well you can bond with your group and share knowledge. Student experience at INSEAD is magnificent. Design of that experience has pre-requisites, which is not only about how good you are professionally.

I always tell candidates, admission is a trade between applicant and school. Both the sides give and take. The important aspect of that trade is "YOU", not just the person who goes out 9 to 5 for work. Unless you are not aware what INSEAD is looking for, placing a sellable proposal would be difficult.

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
MBA and Beyond Admission Consulting

MBAPrepCoach wrote:
inandout123

I encourage you to think through their criteria and introspect on what could be improved.. Academics/GMAT - international motivation/orientation – leadership – and contribution. Contribution is often overlooked but it is very important. Show what you have contributed in the past and how you would in the future.

Ideal situation would be to have a fresh test score, a promotion, or a heightened international aspect to your job. However I got somebody off the wait list the month before classes started by submitting an update letter stating how he just became the organizer of the local pickup soccer club. Which demonstrates leadership. So think broadly.

If you haven't already done this, submit a third recommendation if it would add another dimension. If not, don't.

As a blanket statement, most applicants, especially international applicants are extremely professional oriented in their applications, which is a huge mistake honestly. People get into business schools because they make the admissions committee like them and feel something for them. So make sure to reveal who you are as a person; help them get to know you as your friends might know you.

As a reminder, for everyone on this thread, you just want to submit one update that is very substantive. If you submit super trivial stuff it will demonstrate lack of judgement.

inandout123 wrote:

INSEAD School Moderator
D

Show Tags

New post 05 May 2019, 22:22
Thanks ShantanuINSEAD - I like how you illustrated the practical side of this with the study groups! So true. At the end of the day, you are the product INSEAD is selling and so being interesting and likeable is important. You need to be positioned for recruitment but also a good "get" for your study group and colleagues.
ShantanuINSEAD wrote:
Totally agree with Farrell. One of the major mistakes is focussing only on professional side in essays. You, as a person, are a mix of personal and professional dimensions. You are not complete without demonstrating who you are in your personal life. Speaking from my experience at INSEAD, you learn the most from your study group, where interpersonal skills matter more than professional skills. Success depends on how well you can bond with your group and share knowledge. Student experience at INSEAD is magnificent. Design of that experience has pre-requisites, which is not only about how good you are professionally.

I always tell candidates, admission is a trade between applicant and school. Both the sides give and take. The important aspect of that trade is "YOU", not just the person who goes out 9 to 5 for work. Unless you are not aware what INSEAD is looking for, placing a sellable proposal would be difficult.

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
MBA and Beyond Admission Consulting

MBAPrepCoach wrote:
inandout123

inandout123 wrote:

D

Show Tags

New post 05 May 2019, 22:25
Wow, I can hardly believe R3 is due in a month. If you haven't started, DO SO IMMEDIATELY. Would recommend you find my post in this thread on motivation essay 1 tips.

Also, I was featured on the INSEAD experience blog in December; I tracked and posted all the responses to my question, "how did you get in, do you think?" and this blog has some interesting ideas. Check it out.

https://the-insead-mba-experience.insead.edu/2018/12/insead-admit-stories/
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.2

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2019, 00:12
interview invites for R2 will start rolling out in the next couple days?

Panic filled weeks. Fingers crossed and all the best to us all :)
Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q38 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
WE: Marketing (Retail)

Show Tags

New post 08 May 2019, 11:18
Hi all,
Just received invitation for R2 interviews and was wondering if there were any alumns interested in giving me mock interviews or advices face to face, on skype or over the phone?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

(I am located in Paris).

Show Tags

New post 08 May 2019, 15:44
loneo3006 wrote:
Hi all,
Just received invitation for R2 interviews and was wondering if there were any alumns interested in giving me mock interviews or advices face to face, on skype or over the phone?

(I am located in Paris).

Congratulations!
Just out of curiosity, by what date did you apply?

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.2

Show Tags

New post 08 May 2019, 16:01
loneo3006 wrote:
Hi all,

(I am located in Paris).

Congrats!

Who's your AO?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2020 Intake (Class of Dec 2020)   [#permalink] 08 May 2019, 16:01

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18  ...  32    Next  [ 634 posts ] 

Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2020 Intake (Class of Dec 2020)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: MBAPrepCoach, Hideto