Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 19:39 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 19:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [1]
Given Kudos: 132
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V28 (Online)
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.23
WE:General Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2021 Intake ! [#permalink]
ks0994 wrote:
pabpinor wrote:
doesgreymatter wrote:
Spoke to the consultant I'm working. Apparently, the dean had a webinar with alums (not sure how true) and indicated about 150 deferrals from September to Jan intake. Also shared was the fact that in R2 this year, INSEAD has recieved their highest ever applications in history.

Sharing as recieved, not sure on how true these numbers are. A R1 admit for 21D confirmed that the https://gmatclub.com/chat group for admits has about 290 and doesn't include all admits.

Posted from my mobile device

150 deferrals in total may be, but seems too large (we are talking of 30% of the class), all those into the next period just 4 months after?¿? Only visa-related ones may be and even those would not have such a flexibility to do so.
Having 70-80% of the class full in R1 means leaving out good candidates and getting in less worthy ones, and R1 had no surge as R2 may have had, remember that GMAT was not waived, and only China was taking Covid for real at that time.

I'm not saying that your assumptions are not true but the numbers seem unreal at least from my consulting mindset and logic check.

I would wait for more official information before sharing anything.

Regards,
Pablo

I'm a 21J admit who has deferred. It's true that >150 candidates have deferred from 21J to either 21D or 22J. The 21J class size is expected to be smaller (even though some 20D students will be joining it), but there's no clarity on the 21D class size yet (there are already ~370 21D admits on the portal). INSEAD has been very flexible with deferrals/campus changes and has granted one to almost everyone who asked for it.

My advice would be to be patient-- INSEAD has been very accommodating to its current classes as well as 21J and will definitely not disappoint its applicants and admits in the future either. Hope this helps!

Thanks a ton for sharing this information. This does help all of us anxiously waiting to hear back from INSEAD.

All we can do is hope for the best! As an Indian, I'm sure unless INSEAD decides to increase the class size, I'm pretty much staring at a reject. In case INSEAD does decide not to increase its class size, I atleast hope they allow us to carry forward the same application for 22J or 22D. I'm sure each and every applicant has invested huge amount of time, effort and money. Having us go through the entire process again would be extremely painful.

Fingers crossed and hopefully INSEAD shares some information on this soon!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [3]
Given Kudos: 89
Schools: Fuqua '23 (D)
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Kudos
doesgreymatter wrote:
ks0994 wrote:
pabpinor wrote:
doesgreymatter wrote:
Spoke to the consultant I'm working. Apparently, the dean had a webinar with alums (not sure how true) and indicated about 150 deferrals from September to Jan intake. Also shared was the fact that in R2 this year, INSEAD has recieved their highest ever applications in history.

Sharing as recieved, not sure on how true these numbers are. A R1 admit for 21D confirmed that the https://gmatclub.com/chat group for admits has about 290 and doesn't include all admits.

150 deferrals in total may be, but seems too large (we are talking of 30% of the class), all those into the next period just 4 months after?¿? Only visa-related ones may be and even those would not have such a flexibility to do so.
Having 70-80% of the class full in R1 means leaving out good candidates and getting in less worthy ones, and R1 had no surge as R2 may have had, remember that GMAT was not waived, and only China was taking Covid for real at that time.

I'm not saying that your assumptions are not true but the numbers seem unreal at least from my consulting mindset and logic check.

Regards,
Pablo

I'm a 21J admit who has deferred. It's true that >150 candidates have deferred from 21J to either 21D or 22J. The 21J class size is expected to be smaller (even though some 20D students will be joining it), but there's no clarity on the 21D class size yet (there are already ~370 21D admits on the portal). INSEAD has been very flexible with deferrals/campus changes and has granted one to almost everyone who asked for it.

My advice would be to be patient-- INSEAD has been very accommodating to its current classes as well as 21J and will definitely not disappoint its applicants and admits in the future either. Hope this helps!

Thanks a ton for sharing this information. This does help all of us anxiously waiting to hear back from INSEAD.

All we can do is hope for the best! As an Indian, I'm sure unless INSEAD decides to increase the class size, I'm pretty much staring at a reject. In case INSEAD does decide not to increase its class size, I atleast hope they allow us to carry forward the same application for 22J or 22D. I'm sure each and every applicant has invested huge amount of time, effort and money. Having us go through the entire process again would be extremely painful.

I think being an indian is a curse and a blessing ! But definitely from visa to admission we have the biggest line ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
pabpinor wrote:
It happened the same, I did not receive an invite but I did select scholarship.

I guess that anyway they will have dinged candidates in one week so they will just not review their scholarship application but in order to give the same time and expedite the process, they let us all in now.

Regards,
Pablo

pcbw wrote:
pabpinor wrote:
fatnani wrote:
Everyone got it

Yes, and if you try to register it will not let you if you have not been invited to interview...

It will be troublesome with the date changes :(

Regards,
Pablo

I haven't received an interview invite yet, I tried to register and received the error message. However about 10 minutes later I was invited to create a password and could log in. Has this happened for anyone else who hasn't been invited for interview?

"Although you may not yet have a final decision from the Admissions Committee, you can apply for scholarships if interested." This is a line from the email in bold letters. So I don't think there is a reason to worry if you have not received the email regarding the scholarship.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [2]
Given Kudos: 20
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
doesgreymatter wrote:
ks0994 wrote:
pabpinor wrote:
doesgreymatter wrote:

Regards,
Pablo

Based on my previous interaction with a member of admission committee, I learnt that normally INSEAD would manage to keep similar admit rates throughout different rounds. Since there is rumor that the application pool of this R2 is unusually large, I actully doubt the number of R1 admits. However, I do not have historical yield rate of INSEAD admits, if we assume the rate is somewhere between 50%-60%, then it sounds a bit more sensible. Otherwise, it makes no sense if number refers to confirmed admits.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
GPA: 3.27
Send PM
Kudos
For those wondering about the 20th July GMAT/GRE date: I sent an email to my AO to get clarification and she’s explained that this is just a recommended date to take and submit your test scores so that they can present your file to the committee with a test score, which would “facilitate” (the word she used) the committee’s decision. However she said that the committee can make a decision to admit you WITHOUT a test score BUT you must take and submit your test score before the program starts to be accepted. She included a note to say that they are more understanding if test scores are not as high as we expected for the online test since test conditions are not the same. Hope this helps ! and hang in there everyone ?

Manager
Manager
Send PM
SawenIvan wrote:
doesgreymatter wrote:
ks0994 wrote:
pabpinor wrote:
doesgreymatter wrote:

Regards,
Pablo

Based on my previous interaction with a member of admission committee, I learnt that normally INSEAD would manage to keep similar admit rates throughout different rounds. Since there is rumor that the application pool of this R2 is unusually large, I actully doubt the number of R1 admits. However, I do not have historical yield rate of INSEAD admits, if we assume the rate is somewhere between 50%-60%, then it sounds a bit more sensible. Otherwise, it makes no sense if number refers to confirmed admits.

The number quoted, I believe refers to admits plus all those who have successfully deferred from 21J to 21D. The number does seem to be right since I also checked with a few friends who are R1 admits.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Given Kudos: 132
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V28 (Online)
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.23
WE:General Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Thanks a lot for sharing!
I do believe also that INSEAD will be accommodating and that just because they got a lot of Covid deferrals they won't just cut the chances of the next rounds.
So first, the 150-170 deferrals from 21J may end on 21D, 22J or even 22D, who knows? Some may end up attending another school or not pursuing their MBA at all, disruptive situations like the current one are not easy.

The number 370 admits in the portal for 21D does not mean that there are no chances for us or that there won't be for R3 & R4, we just do not know how it will be sorted, so patience is the best advice.

Regards,
Pablo

ks0994 wrote:
pabpinor wrote:
doesgreymatter wrote:

Regards,
Pablo

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
hi All

I have applied for Insead Jan'Intake. My overall profile is decent but I have a score of 660 only in GMAT. I am an Indian working in Dubai for last 6 years in Banking-Analytics. I wished to take GMAT again in next 5 days but by that time Interview notification will be released.

Can someone tell me shall I update the Admissions committee about it. Though in my additional essay I did highlight that my GMAT was cancelled at the last minute in Dubai and I had to travel to India to appear for my GMAT due to Covid. Due to these circumstances my GMAT score is not highlighting my academic strength. I did tell that I was planning to take my GMAT again by June first week.
But the centres were closed due to Covid and I did nto want to give GMAT-online. Shall I update the admissions commitee?

Please help.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
shuchi7777 wrote:
hi All

I have applied for Insead Jan'Intake. My overall profile is decent but I have a score of 660 only in GMAT. I am an Indian working in Dubai for last 6 years in Banking-Analytics. I wished to take GMAT again in next 5 days but by that time Interview notification will be released.

Can someone tell me shall I update the Admissions committee about it. Though in my additional essay I did highlight that my GMAT was cancelled at the last minute in Dubai and I had to travel to India to appear for my GMAT due to Covid. Due to these circumstances my GMAT score is not highlighting my academic strength. I did tell that I was planning to take my GMAT again by June first week.
But the centres were closed due to Covid and I did nto want to give GMAT-online. Shall I update the admissions commitee?

Please help.

I’d definitely recommend updating the AO and what is the score you’re expecting based on your mocks.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [2]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
The news about the number of deferrals to the December 21 class is surely difficult to digest for the current applicants. However, I'm sure INSEAD will figure out a way to accommodate all students and ensure a fair process for all rounds / admits.

I'm confused though about the number of deferrals from September 2020 intake to Jan 2021 intake because anyway I heard INSEAD would defer the start by two months and in that case it becomes a November intake vs a Jan intake which is only a ~ 2 months difference so maybe the deferrals are to September 2021 intake?

Also, INSEAD as an organization is obviously dependent on revenues, they can't let go of 370 students who would have been admitted for Jan 2021 in-take in the normal situation - that's 37 Million dollars of lost revenue!! So either they will have a bigger class or they will accommodate students in different terms.

All we can do is sit tight and wait for 5 more days? Hoping for the best for everyone!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hopefully INSEAD does ensure a fair process for all us applicants. It is particularly difficult for R2 applicants since no information was available with regards to deferrals or INSEADs stand on this when we submitted our applications.

With regards to 370, I believe the number reflects both R1 admits and those who have deferred from 21J. And answer as to why 21D instead of 21J, I think that's a no brainer. Just waiting for 2 additional months gives one a chance to intern, which could be extremely important considering the current job market.

All I am hoping for is that INSEAD shares some detailed information in this regard. Hopefully the coming 5 days will have answers.

prateekgh123 wrote:
The news about the number of deferrals to the December 21 class is surely difficult to digest for the current applicants. However, I'm sure INSEAD will figure out a way to accommodate all students and ensure a fair process for all rounds / admits.

I'm confused though about the number of deferrals from September 2020 intake to Jan 2021 intake because anyway I heard INSEAD would defer the start by two months and in that case it becomes a November intake vs a Jan intake which is only a ~ 2 months difference so maybe the deferrals are to September 2021 intake?

Also, INSEAD as an organization is obviously dependent on revenues, they can't let go of 370 students who would have been admitted for Jan 2021 in-take in the normal situation - that's 37 Million dollars of lost revenue!! So either they will have a bigger class or they will accommodate students in different terms.

All we can do is sit tight and wait for 5 more days? Hoping for the best for everyone!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
think one have to show some serious arguments to support a 6-8 weeks deferral.. the two classes will literally be running together

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
The earlier batch was scheduled to start on 21 August, then it was pushed back to 5 October. So there's a 3 month difference compared to the Jan 2021 batch.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
right.. still 3 months ain't a biggie imho. borders and schools will open in sept from what i gather in the news
don't see why everyone is talking about those deferrals #thinking-face-emoji
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
https://amp-ft-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c ... 9e4f58f2a5

good article, says insead had 57% increase in applications

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
GRE 1: Q166 V164
GPA: 4
Send PM
Kudos
rwejyd wrote:
https://amp-ft-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/amp.ft.com/content/3284265f-993c-4f4d-80c9-419e4f58f2a5

Wow. Amazing. Now I can say goodbye to INSEAD.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
GPA: 4
Send PM
Kudos
Baring wrote:
rwejyd wrote:
https://amp-ft-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/amp.ft.com/content/3284265f-993c-4f4d-80c9-419e4f58f2a5

Wow. Amazing. Now I can say goodbye to INSEAD.

Hi,

While it does sound bad, you can still be hopeful :)

I think the number of applications has increased primarily due to schools accepting the application without the GMAT.

The number of applications has little to do with the number of competitive applications :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  36   37   38   39   40   41   42  ...  84   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts