GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Dec 2018, 09:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
2526272829301
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
303112345
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 May 2014
Posts: 23
Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2014, 02:34
parutaneja wrote:
Hi all,

I got a call from Michael, two days ago. Got in with scholarship. Isn't much though but something is better than nothing. How many of you are accepting the offer? and what are your other better choices..?


Congrats. What is your scholarship amount? I am yet to decide on whether to accept or not. I am still waiting for Georgia Tech results - was interviewd on 24th Nov. Then ISB...!!!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Dec 2012
Posts: 18
Schools: Rotman '17 (A)
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2014, 02:44
rangs641 wrote:
parutaneja wrote:
Hi all,

I got a call from Michael, two days ago. Got in with scholarship. Isn't much though but something is better than nothing. How many of you are accepting the offer? and what are your other better choices..?


Congrats. What is your scholarship amount? I am yet to decide on whether to accept or not. I am still waiting for Georgia Tech results - was interviewd on 24th Nov. Then ISB...!!!



He said 20K USD. waiting on the admissions pack. Does anyone know how much time do they give before final acceptance and fee payment has to be made by the student.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 18 Jul 2014
Posts: 89
Schools: Rotman '17 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V38
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2014, 05:16
parutaneja wrote:
rangs641 wrote:
parutaneja wrote:
Hi all,

I got a call from Michael, two days ago. Got in with scholarship. Isn't much though but something is better than nothing. How many of you are accepting the offer? and what are your other better choices..?


Congrats. What is your scholarship amount? I am yet to decide on whether to accept or not. I am still waiting for Georgia Tech results - was interviewd on 24th Nov. Then ISB...!!!



He said 20K USD. waiting on the admissions pack. Does anyone know how much time do they give before final acceptance and fee payment has to be made by the student.



Congrats parutaneja, finally the wait is over! I am waiting for the package too, I am sure it would contain the details of payment and acceptance.
rangs641, exorbitant? I thought UT MBA is cheaper than most of its american counterparts. Isnt it?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Dec 2012
Posts: 18
Schools: Rotman '17 (A)
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2014, 08:10
Congrats parutaneja, finally the wait is over! I am waiting for the package too, I am sure it would contain the details of payment and acceptance.
rangs641, exorbitant? I thought UT MBA is cheaper than most of its american counterparts. Isnt it?[/quote]


Thanks!! so who is on whatsapp? If the prospective admits are talking already?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Apr 2013
Posts: 18
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V39
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2014, 08:22
Hi rangs641,

Congrats for your admit . I have a rotman admit too.

just out of curiosity , what would you choose - GA tech or Rotman ?

I am already in the predicament.

Congratulations to all the admits. :-D
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 May 2014
Posts: 23
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2014, 08:32
bschool2k15 wrote:
exorbitant? I thought UT MBA is cheaper than most of its american counterparts. Isnt it?


I guess, for me either is exorbitant ;-) Lol
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 May 2014
Posts: 23
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2014, 08:34
Rigils wrote:
Hi

Congrats for your admit . I have a rotman admit too.

just out of curiosity , what would you choose - GA tech or Rotman ?

I am already in the predicament.

Congratulations to all the admits. :-D


Thanks mate. And congrats to you. I think the GA Tech curriculum is better suited for me because of my technology work-ex / background. But the decision will ultimately depend on who gives me the best scholarship. hahaha
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 May 2014
Posts: 23
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2014, 08:36
parutaneja wrote:


He said 20K USD. waiting on the admissions pack. Does anyone know how much time do they give before final acceptance and fee payment has to be made by the student.

I read somewhere, 1 month to accept the offer and deposit the non-refundable 5k USD (or CAD) to Rotman account.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Apr 2013
Posts: 18
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V39
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2014, 09:06
Yup pretty sure. 5k CAD needs to be deposited in approximately a month.

Any whatsapp group till now ? if not , PM me your nos. I will create one :-D
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 May 2014
Posts: 29
Location: India
Schools: Rotman '17 (A)
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2014, 23:13
Rigils wrote:
Yup pretty sure. 5k CAD needs to be deposited in approximately a month.

Any whatsapp group till now ? if not , PM me your nos. I will create one :-D



Hi Rigils, parutaneja, rangs641,


Congrats on your admits !

1. One month from the official admit e-mail is the last date to submit the 5000 CAD.
2. There is a whatsapp group already existing. It would be awesome to add all of you there. Have you made up your minds regarding the school ? :) Please PM me.

Thanks.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 13 May 2014
Posts: 23
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.6
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2014, 19:36
Hey Guys

Congrats to everyone who got in :)

I got an acceptance too and received the package. The deposit deadline is 5 Jan on my package which is too soon.

I see there is a watsapp group, Whom do I inbox my number ?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 02 Aug 2013
Posts: 94
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2014, 22:32
BoZoPaNdA wrote:
Hey Guys

Congrats to everyone who got in :)

I got an acceptance too and received the package. The deposit deadline is 5 Jan on my package which is too soon.

I see there is a watsapp group, Whom do I inbox my number ?

U can send ur contact info to me!
_________________

Important fact --> http://i.imgur.com/CKKBmmn.jpg

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 Apr 2013
Posts: 4
Schools: Rotman '17 (A)
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2014, 11:15
tushar2910 wrote:
Rigils wrote:

1. One month from the official admit e-mail is the last date to submit the 5000 CAD.
2. There is a whatsapp group already existing. It would be awesome to add all of you there. Have you made up your minds regarding the school ? :) Please PM me.

Thanks.



Congratulations to everyone who got their acceptance letter..
had a couple of questions..
1. What is the latest update on the banks and rotman tie up? (relying heavily on this to sort out)
2. how long from the first email by Leigh does the student receive the admission package?

I got my acceptance letter from Leigh yesterday and need to wait for the package.
All the best to everyone waiting to hear back from the college!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Dec 2014
Posts: 4
Location: United States
WE: Engineering (Consulting)
Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2014, 20:14
Hi Guys!
I have an admit from Rotman too. I got an email and I have received the official packet. To accept the offer we need to deposit 5000 CAD by 5 Jan. There is no clear mention of non co signer loans.
I was banking on these loans, and I just checked the rotman website, they have removed the non co signer loan. Does this mean these loans will not be there?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Nov 2014
Posts: 8
GRE 1: Q168 V160
GPA: 3.89
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2014, 21:13
Best of luck to all those who have been admitted and joining Rotman. I have, however, declined the offer of admission since I decided to pursue a MS/PhD. Informed Lynda at Rotman of the same yesterday.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 02 Aug 2013
Posts: 94
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2014, 22:50
mswami wrote:
Best of luck to all those who have been admitted and joining Rotman. I have, however, declined the offer of admission since I decided to pursue a MS/PhD. Informed Lynda at Rotman of the same yesterday.

Thank you! And good luck to you too!! :)
_________________

Important fact --> http://i.imgur.com/CKKBmmn.jpg

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 33
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2014, 01:12
I got in yesterday! I applied on 3-Nov and was interviewed on 8-Dec.

Based in New Delhi.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Jul 2014
Posts: 21
Location: United Arab Emirates
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Dec 2014, 06:22
Congrats to the admitted students!! Can anyone of you confirm if the non-co-signer loan options has been offered or has the school dropped it?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 28 Nov 2013
Posts: 57
Location: Canada
Schools: Rotman '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.89
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2014, 21:42
Hey guys, just randomly popping in since I'm procrastinating from exams. I may be around a little more over the holidays.

Seems like there's some issues and concerns about loans. From what I can tell, the page is still the same. Can you specify what non-cosigner loans you're referring to?

Also, admissions will say you have a month to submit the $5,000 deposit from the day you're admitted, but in truth they typically add two weeks to that for the package to get through. And yes it's tough to find that $5,000 if you're tight on cash because you basically have to come up with that on your own. You won't get approved for a loan if you haven't officially registered, and you can't do that without depositing that $5,000.

Anyway, our last exam is on Thursday. I suspect there might be a few more of us visiting this site over the holidays. Cheers!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Dec 2014
Posts: 4
Location: United States
WE: Engineering (Consulting)
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2014, 04:54
The website, presentation at the mba fair and brochures mentioned the non co signer loan.
We would need exact details about the status of the renewal, since i am sure many of us will need a loan :)

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017 &nbs [#permalink] 17 Dec 2014, 04:54

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  19    Next  [ 363 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017

  new topic post reply Update application status  


Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.