Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 17:46 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [2]
Given Kudos: 102
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.35
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Booth Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
R3APP wrote:
Ding!

Your options before you applied were phenomenal. HEC is a fantastic global MBA experience from what I know. Sorry to hear about the ding but your options are great!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Kudos
Thank you for the kind words and best of luck for your interview.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
WE:General Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Ding!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 610 Q44 V31
GMAT 2: 650 Q40 V39
GMAT 3: 680 Q47 V36
GPA: 2.89
Send PM
Ding
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: Booth '17 (I)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Invited for interview!!
Interesting to note that TOEFL score report status has changed to 'Received', while GMAT score report status remains as 'Awaited' ....
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
FROM The Booth Experience: Switching things up, Part III: Exploring a new country
One thing which I realized after moving to the US was that holidays here are very different from the country I am from. In India, holidays and family festivities are centered around Diwali, while here in the US it starts from the Thanksgiving week and ends with Christmas and New Years.  Like most of the … Continue reading Switching things up, Part III: Exploring a new country →
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM The Booth Experience: Checking Out the New Retail in Millennium Park Plaza
Now you really never need to leave Millennium Park Plaza (MPP). That’s the running joke, now that the retail shops along Michigan Avenue are open on the ground level of MPP, a building where a substantial number of Booth students live. You may have had the opportunity to see the building this weekend if you … Continue reading Checking Out the New Retail in Millennium Park Plaza →
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Booth Admissions Blog: First Day – Our Community Comes Together

As we wrap up our Round 3 of the application cycle and attend send-off gatherings for our second-year Admissions Fellows, it’s hard to believe how quickly this academic year has flown by. While we watch the Class of 2015 prepare to take their next steps, we were reminded of the bright future that is to come as the vibrant voices of the Class of 2017 filled the Harper Center during First Day on April 24th.

On First Day —our signature welcome event organized and run by a
student team—newly admitted students come together in the Winter Garden for the first time  as members of the Booth community. They meet their future classmates, sit in on their first class, and attend their first LPF (Liquidity Preference Function) with the pressures of applications and interviews behind them, and the excitement of new relationships that will last long after the two years they are here.

During  my time at Booth, I’ve noticed something that unites them all - a passion for
this pay-it-forward, supportive community. The Class of 2017 wants to celebrate and they want to understand what the Booth experience is, but more importantly, they want to discover the diverse perspectives each of their new classmates brings.

This is a constant within Booth—the people that come together continue to make this place.

Best,

Kylie

Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Booth Admissions Blog: Women’s Week Coming to a City Near You

May 25 – 29, 2015

More than a decade ago, Chicago Booth alumnae began the tradition of taking a week to celebrate the incredible women who are part of the Booth community. This month, we will be hosting the 11th annual Chicago Booth Women’s Week that includes series of events and activities meant to bring the women at Booth together, while providing prospective women the unique opportunity to get up close and personal with our esteemed alumnae.

This year, Women’s Week events will take place in Chicago, Boston, D.C., New York, Los Angeles, and San Francisco. Attendees will be able to gain candid and valuable perspectives about the application process, the Booth experience, and the lasting impact of the Booth MBA.

Emily Anciaux, Class of 2016, said of her experience, “Women's Week was a great first introduction to the Chicago Booth community. Young alumnae shared their perspective on student life with stories of personal and professional development while on campus. Additionally, experienced alumnae offered a perspective on how the Booth network had impacted their long and successful careers.”

Come meet the Booth Women’s Network and experience the Booth community firsthand. If you can't make an event in person, join the live chat on May 29.

Register for a Women’s Week event near you»

All the best,

Amy

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: Booth '17 (I)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Eager times, waiting for the admit decisions!! All the best to everyone waiting for 'that' call.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
amazer wrote:
Eager times, waiting for the admit decisions!! All the best to everyone waiting for 'that' call.

Almost entirely distracted today. Tomorrow should be the big day (for admits that is). My stomach is in knots just thinking about it. Best of luck to you as well.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
LazyBoy8 wrote:
amazer wrote:

Almost entirely distracted today. Tomorrow should be the big day (for admits that is). My stomach is in knots just thinking about it. Best of luck to you as well.

Calls are going out tomorrow? It seems for other schools for R3, calls went out same day as the decision deadline? Hoping that it's tomorrow though!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
flaxchiaseeds wrote:
LazyBoy8 wrote:
amazer wrote:

Calls are going out tomorrow? It seems for other schools for R3, calls went out same day as the decision deadline? Hoping that it's tomorrow though!

going solely off of past rounds and past years on GMATClub Booth always calls admits the day before and then waitlisters/dings go out the day of. I haven't seen any instances of them deviating from that pattern. GMATClub is a small sample however.
Which School to Choose Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 95 [1]
Given Kudos: 56
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Kudos
i can confirm round 2 calls were made the day before the deadline. best of luck to all r3 applicants.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
Send PM
Pretty quiet here...applicants will start getting calls soon right?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Anyone receive a call from Booth?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, Strategy