Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 09:46 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 09:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 7
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Booth Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Anyone applying in R3?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Waitlisted as well :? I was just wondering..did any R1 waitlisters get in without submitting additional info?

Congratulations to everyone who got in!!! :)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Send PM
WL...
Does anybody know if there is a chance that school will admit you from waitlist ahead of R3 deadline? If that is the case people like me don't have to pay deposit to earlier admitted school and then find out they got admitted to their dream school...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 115
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q42 V38
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GRE 1: Q161 V165
Send PM
I was waitlisted as well. Anyone that has succeeded in getting of the waitlist, any advice?

I will pursue this vigorously since Booth is my dream school.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V28
GPA: 3.21
Send PM
kenndanielso wrote:
Any insight for us two-time waitlisters? (R1 WL and WL again in R2 decision day)

Hey man, I'm in the same boat. They are kidding us))
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Gleb wrote:
kenndanielso wrote:
Any insight for us two-time waitlisters? (R1 WL and WL again in R2 decision day)

As was I. Did they even remove people from the R1 waitlist?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Send PM
Good luck with all the WL!!!! I just withdrew my application, so hopefully that will free up a spot for one of us here :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
pandaMan wrote:
Good luck with all the WL!!!! I just withdrew my application, so hopefully that will free up a spot for one of us here :)

Thanks! Have good time at Stanford!
haha, how do you know he is not going to wharton?
iamin wrote:
pandaMan wrote:

Thanks! Have good time at Stanford!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Gmaster87 wrote:
Gleb wrote:
kenndanielso wrote:

As was I. Did they even remove people from the R1 waitlist?

In the same boat. It's a bit of a cruel joke they way I see it - not sure what they are trying to say here :/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
For any WL people who sent additional recs - how did you go about it? Did you add it to the portal yourself? Or did you have your recommender email it straight to admissions?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 352 [0]
Send PM
Whether or not Chicago Booth School of Business is on your short list, the recently revamped Booth Experience blog, written and managed by students, regularly offers guidance on subjects that are universally interesting for all MBA applicants.

This week, second-year student and frequent blog contributor Alex Simon concludes a three-part series with a post on three things for early-career MBA candidates to keep in mind as they research business schools.

Simon was 24 when he started at Booth, and with just two years of work experience, he worried he would be at a serious disadvantage with classmates five to 10 years older than he. That’s why he says younger applicants should give serious thought to answering the question of why an MBA and why now; figure out how to demonstrate their competency among more experienced classmates without giving attitude; and gird themselves for dealing with the inevitable setbacks that will occur.

If you’re an early career candidate who is motivated and can show strong leadership and managerial potential, make sure you invest plenty of time into researching which MBA program is the right one for you. Follow the link above for Simon’s take on these issues, and be sure to check out his previous articles in the series as well.
You may also be interested in:
How to Determine When the Time Is Right for an MBA

Timing Your MBA: Work 5 First or Dive Right In?

If you are looking for guidance on your MBA application, Stacy Blackman Consulting can help with hourly and comprehensive consulting services. Contact us to learn more. Visit the website for Stacy Blackman Reviews, and check out the company’s e-publications for more in depth school-by-school guidance.

Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
FROM Booth Admissions Blog: Round Three Coming Up

Round three is just around the corner and it’s hard to believe we’re already here. If you’re planning on applying, be sure to hit submit by Tuesday, April 7 at 5pm CT for the final opportunity to join the Class of 2017.

Here’s some information for Round Three applicants about the process leading up to the final decision date of May 21st.

Starting on April 7th, the admissions committee will be reviewing all of your applications in order to make final interview invitation decisions. Interview invitations will be released on Friday, April 17th via email at 9am CT. If you are invited to interview, you will have two options to complete your interview.

On Campus Interviews

Interviews will begin on April 27th and must be completed before May 1st at the Harper Center. They will be conducted by our second-year student Admissions Fellows. Applicants should consider the on campus option as an opportunity to participate in the campus visit program.

Alumni Interviews in Your City

Alumni interviews will begin on April 20th and must be completed before May 1st. Interviews are conducted by alumni in cities all over the world. The admissions office will pair you with a member of our alumni community within your city preferences. Together you will pick a convenient time and place (generally a coffee shop or an office) for your interview.

After all interviews are complete, the committee will again evaluate all applications. You will receive a notification via email at 9am on May 21st with your final admissions decision.

If you have any questions at all, please comment below or reach us at admissions@chicagobooth.edu.

Best of luck to our Round Three applicants!

Tyler
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Booth Admissions Blog: You’re Waitlisted, Now What?

While I know that all of our Round 2 applicants were hoping for an admit decision on March 26th, many of you instead learned that you had been waitlisted. The Admissions Committee is fortunate enough to receive applications from thousands of highly qualified and talented applicants each year, and, unfortunately, we do not have space in the class for all of them. Those candidates who have been waitlisted should know that, while you are viable candidates in many ways, there were questions that the Admissions Committee had about your application that made us want to take a second look during the waitlist process.

In the coming weeks, you should look over your original application with a critical eye and ask yourself some tough questions about the application that you submitted initially and what type of context and value you can add for the Admissions Committee.  If you feel that you could expand on certain areas of your application, this is where the supplemental materials come in.  If you would like to submit anything else, be that an additional essay, an updated resume, a new standardized test score, a letter of recommendation or a video, you should do so by April 17th.  With the exception of additional letters of recommendation, which your recommenders should email directly to me, you can submit any other materials to the “Upload Materials” section of your applicant status page.  You can find more detailed information about how to submit supplemental waitlist materials on your status page as well.

I speak on behalf of the Admissions Committee in saying that we look forward to getting to know you better in the coming weeks.  While we are unfortunately unable to provide personalized application feedback, please do not hesitate to contact me at kristen.bautz@chicagobooth.edu with any questions about the process.

Best of luck to you, and I look forward to working with you during the waitlist process!

All the best,

Kristen
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Send PM
International applicant in @ Booth with 40K, thought for sure would go to Booth until Stern surprised me with full scholarship... Really could use any kind of advice!
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM The Booth Experience: Prospective Student FAQ, Part III: In the Classroom
I’m continuing in my quest to answer the most frequently asked questions that prospective students have about Booth! In my last post two posts, I discussed life in Chicago and the career search. In this post, I will answer commonly asked questions about academic life at Booth. Are Booth classes difficult? The answer to this question … Continue reading Prospective Student FAQ, Part III: In the Classroom →
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
khyatipatel wrote:
Anyone applying in R3?

Hi Khyati

I applied R3. Submitted on 3/31.
GMAT Club Bot