It is currently 19 Aug 2017, 13:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2016, 21:30
Hi guys - just curious are the admissioner calling your home or mobile?
I left both of the number in my application...I just wonder which one they will call first (If i got the call lol)
Im an international student definitely need some mental preparation to get a call at 5am in the morning....

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2016, 01:53
Does scheduling a really late interview have an effect on your admission chances? My interview was scheduled 17 days after the interview invite cause there were a lot of issues is selecting the date/time.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 10

GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2016, 02:17
arcanerain wrote:
Hi!
Congratulations to all who got in and good luck to those who are still waiting for the decision.

I had a query. Since CBS has a rolling admissions cycle - Is end of november too late to apply?
I have heard that seats start filling up quite quickly.

If anybody has any research around it and can give an opinion - would be very helpful. Thank you.

Hey! Just bumping it up. Anything - anybody?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Intern
Intern

Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2016, 10:48
Wanted to contribute to the forum as well since it has helped me:

-Interviewed 10/24, Feedback submitted 10/30, Accepted 11/4, NY
-They move quickly on applicants they feel strongly on, reject or accept. If you're waiting close to 2 weeks, then my guess is that you might be on the fence.
- I see timing being questioned on here a few times. In general you want to submit/interview/get feedback early, since it's rolling. But, the school is looking for quality applicants; so if they're not enthused by a person, they can just defer while waiting for other apps. They also understand later interview or feedback is not in your control so won't fault you for it.

Happy to answer specific questions vis message as well. Good luck all

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 57

Schools: CBS '19 (A)
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.9
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2016, 10:51
arcanerain wrote:
arcanerain wrote:
Hi!
Congratulations to all who got in and good luck to those who are still waiting for the decision.

I had a query. Since CBS has a rolling admissions cycle - Is end of november too late to apply?

If anybody has any research around it and can give an opinion - would be very helpful. Thank you.

i don't think end of November is too late to apply. The adcom member at my info session mentioned that nearly half the applications are submitted around the deadline for the merit fellowship, which is in early January.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2016, 11:40
I remember hearing admissions does call on Sundays but has anyone gotten a call on a Saturday?

Intern
Intern

GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2016, 12:39
shi wrote:
arcanerain wrote:
arcanerain wrote:
Hi!

i don't think end of November is too late to apply. The adcom member at my info session mentioned that nearly half the applications are submitted around the deadline for the merit fellowship, which is in early January.

Thank you for the response! :)

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 11

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2016, 12:53
Hello fellow applicants!
Good luck to everyone who is waiting for a decision and congratulations to all who made it in!!

Quick question: I interviewed on 11/2 and seems like either my online application hasn't been updated with "feedback complete" or the interviewer hasn't submitted my feedback yet.
Curious if anyone else's alumni interviewer took more than 5 days to submit the report? From my perspective, the interview was OK (nothing that makes me think it was bad)...I applied Early Decision and I wonder if my application might 'fall through the cracks' if my feedback isn't submitted? On their website, CBS says the interviewer takes about a week to submit their report, but from the timelines I've read on this forum the interviewers respond much sooner.

I'm probably being impatient but I'm traveling for a month on Wednesday with limited access to wifi/ cellular service so I guess my question is if I should call/ email admissions before I leave (On Wednesday, it will be a week since my interview)...?

Any suggestions, advice would be super helpful (and calming!) :)
Thanks in advance!!

Intern
Intern

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2016, 13:21
18967mba wrote:
Hello fellow applicants!
Good luck to everyone who is waiting for a decision and congratulations to all who made it in!!

Quick question: I interviewed on 11/2 and seems like either my online application hasn't been updated with "feedback complete" or the interviewer hasn't submitted my feedback yet.
Curious if anyone else's alumni interviewer took more than 5 days to submit the report? From my perspective, the interview was OK (nothing that makes me think it was bad)...I applied Early Decision and I wonder if my application might 'fall through the cracks' if my feedback isn't submitted? On their website, CBS says the interviewer takes about a week to submit their report, but from the timelines I've read on this forum the interviewers respond much sooner.

I'm probably being impatient but I'm traveling for a month on Wednesday with limited access to wifi/ cellular service so I guess my question is if I should call/ email admissions before I leave (On Wednesday, it will be a week since my interview)...?

Thanks in advance!!

My interviewer submitted the report nearly 2 weeks after the interview. I'd imagine the adcom will email if they can't reach you by phone, so unless you won't have internet access for an extended period of time you'll probably be fine without contacting them before your trip.

Intern
Intern

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2016, 14:05
shi wrote:
18967mba wrote:
Hello fellow applicants!

Thanks in advance!!

My interviewer submitted the report nearly 2 weeks after the interview. I'd imagine the adcom will email if they can't reach you by phone, so unless you won't have internet access for an extended period of time you'll probably be fine without contacting them before your trip.

Oh! So the 1 week from interview is not a real deadline then it seems. Thanks Shi! Did your interviewer sent in the report himself/ herself without any prodding on your part?
I'll have sporadic access to email so I guess if I don't get an email saying my application has been updated with the report in about 2 weeks, I'll send admissions an email so to remind them that I exist! Haha! :)

Intern
Intern

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2016, 17:49
18967mba wrote:
shi wrote:
18967mba wrote:
Hello fellow applicants!

Thanks in advance!!

Oh! So the 1 week from interview is not a real deadline then it seems. Thanks Shi! Did your interviewer sent in the report himself/ herself without any prodding on your part?
I'll have sporadic access to email so I guess if I don't get an email saying my application has been updated with the report in about 2 weeks, I'll send admissions an email so to remind them that I exist! Haha! :)

I only sent my interviewer the standard thank you email- perhaps I should've prodded a bit.

Good luck!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2016, 08:40
I'd like to contribute here as well. Here's my timeline:

Application submitted: 5/10/2016
Interviewed: 28/10/2016
Feedback Submitted: 28/10/2016
Accepted: 4/11/2016

I felt I did bad in the interview, so if anyone is feeling the same, dont give up yet. Good luck everyone and hope you meet you guys in New York

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2016, 18:47
So, I got an email saying that my interview feedback was submitted, but on my portal I don't see that initial 'congratulations for being selected for interview...' Is this expected? A bit strange that the interview invite has completely disappeared.

Intern
Intern

Reviews Badge
Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2016, 20:41
s91 wrote:
So, I got an email saying that my interview feedback was submitted, but on my portal I don't see that initial 'congratulations for being selected for interview...' Is this expected? A bit strange that the interview invite has completely disappeared.

You're fine. That's how the portal appears after the feedback is submitted.

Intern
Intern

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2016, 20:45
Got the call a few hours ago- really excited! Here's my timeline:

9/18- Application submitted
10/10- Interview Invite
10/13- Interview
10/25- Feedback submitted (received email from CBS)
11/8- Acceptance call from unknown number (apr. 5PM EST)

Looking forward too meeting you in NY!

Expert Post
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
B

Kudos [?]: 64 [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2016, 11:50
Nope, that shouldn't matter. They are well aware of who is still outstanding and how many spots they have left and who's more directly competing against whom. Best of luck!

s91 wrote:
Does scheduling a really late interview have an effect on your admission chances? My interview was scheduled 17 days after the interview invite cause there were a lot of issues is selecting the date/time.

I've been an admissions consultant with Stacy Blackman Consulting since 2008. I went to Harvard Business School for my MBA and Michigan Ross for my BBA. I have helped clients gain acceptance into all of the top programs and am a big believer in letting your voice and your personality shine through in your application materials. Best of luck!

Interested in a free 30-minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: http://stacyblackman.com/contact

Erika Olson | Stacy Blackman Consulting Inc | http://www.StacyBlackman.com

Kudos [?]: 64 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.6
Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2016, 22:44
Has anyone who applied RD heard anything yet, or are they still working on ED?

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 4

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2016, 09:14
Still haven't heard back from ED yet. Applied at the deadline.

Expert Post
Admission Consultant
G
Status: Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT

Kudos [?]: 131 [0], given: 3

Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2016, 09:46
You should hear back soon. Stay tuned! They are working through everything and will be reaching out once they make a decision. The waiting game is not fun, but hopefully you are working on other apps as well.

Best,
Scott

Personal MBA Coach
Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting
scott@personalmbacoach.com | +1 617 645 2424
http://www.personalmbacoach.com | http://www.personalmbacoach.com/blog

Kudos [?]: 131 [0], given: 3

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2016, 21:16
Hey everybody!

I'm just putting the finishing touches to my application and I have two questions:

1. The application says to report your GPA as it appears on your transcript, but I received a "First Class Honors" which obviously isn't in GPA format. Any idea what to do here? I can't just type in first class honors as it doesn't fit in the box!

2. The financing your MBA section. Is this important? Should the total come out around $200k?

Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019   [#permalink] 10 Nov 2016, 21:16

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  15   16   17   18   19   20   21  ...  28    Next  [ 548 posts ]