GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 17 Feb 2020, 15:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019

new topic post reply Update application status  
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
S
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Aug 2016, 18:46
This is awesome news -- congrats! You certainly deserve it. Thanks for sharing your timeline, too.

arjuns247 wrote:
Hi everyone - I just received my acceptance call! Beyond excited to attend CBS next year. I am actually a re-applicant who was dinged last year without an interview so I am beyond thrilled about this news!! Happy to discuss my process with anyone - just send me a PM.

I've listed my timeline below, and will post a detailed interview debrief this week

App Submitted / Completed: June 29th, 2016
Invited to Interview: Wednesday July 27th, 2016 @ 11:55 AM EST via email
Interview: Wednesday August 3rd, 2016 from 11 AM - 12 PM
Interview Feedback Submitted: Wednesday August 3rd, 2016
Acceptance Call: Tuesday, August 16th @ 4:21 PM EST via phone call

I was either rejected or waitlisted from all the schools I applied to last year. I took the GMAT 4 times. This is a long and grueling process, but if you stay true to your story, constantly seek feedback, continually work to improve, and never accept anything less than your worth...good things can happen. Best of luck to all applicants!

I've been an admissions consultant with Stacy Blackman Consulting since 2008. I went to Harvard Business School for my MBA and Michigan Ross for my BBA. I have helped clients gain acceptance into all of the top programs and am a big believer in letting your voice and your personality shine through in your application materials. Best of luck!

Interested in a free 30-minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: http://stacyblackman.com/contact

Erika Olson | Stacy Blackman Consulting Inc | http://www.StacyBlackman.com
Intern
Intern
Schools: CBS '19 (S)
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Aug 2016, 20:01
Had my interview yesterday as well. Fingers crossed now!
Intern
Intern
Schools: Wharton '19, CBS '19

Show Tags

New post 23 Aug 2016, 15:41
Anyone hear any updates? It seems very quiet relative to past years at this point in time
Intern
Intern
Schools: CBS '19 (A)

Show Tags

New post 23 Aug 2016, 18:26
ck986 wrote:
Anyone hear any updates? It seems very quiet relative to past years at this point in time

Invited to interview on Friday afternoon US time (8/19). ~4 weeks after application complete (7/21). Also saw a few invites on MBA livewire. Seems the norm is 4 weeks this year (compare to 2~3 in the past two years).

Has anyone heard back after interview yet? If you heard good news, do you mind sharing the interview questions? Thanks to all!
Intern
Intern
Schools: CBS '19
GPA: 3.4
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 25 Aug 2016, 05:42
Since we no longer get to choose an interviewer and are assigned just one this year, has anyone encountered unresponsive alums?

I received notice for interview last week (after exactly 4 week wait), but have only gotten one response back from my alum telling me of her availability. (all of which have already passed by now). I've sent several emails trying to confirm, but no luck. I don't want to be too pushy.
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
S

Show Tags

New post 25 Aug 2016, 06:47
Hi there -

If it's been a full week since you last heard from your alum, then you should contact admissions (there is probably a specific contact or email address in your invitation to interview to use). Make the subject heading something clear like "Invited to interview last week/cannot connect with assigned alum" so that they they will give it priority. This has happened to a few of my clients in the past and they will likely send you a new alum. And then if the original one DOES respond you can still book something with whoever responds first, just keep admissions informed. They basically just want to help you get it done sooner rather than later.

Fall19GC wrote:
Since we no longer get to choose an interviewer and are assigned just one this year, has anyone encountered unresponsive alums?

I received notice for interview last week (after exactly 4 week wait), but have only gotten one response back from my alum telling me of her availability. (all of which have already passed by now). I've sent several emails trying to confirm, but no luck. I don't want to be too pushy.

I've been an admissions consultant with Stacy Blackman Consulting since 2008. I went to Harvard Business School for my MBA and Michigan Ross for my BBA. I have helped clients gain acceptance into all of the top programs and am a big believer in letting your voice and your personality shine through in your application materials. Best of luck!

Interested in a free 30-minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: http://stacyblackman.com/contact

Erika Olson | Stacy Blackman Consulting Inc | http://www.StacyBlackman.com
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 29 Aug 2016, 19:27
I made it! Class of 2019 woootttt!

Here's the timeline

App submit: 07/03
Invite: 08/02
Interview & report submit: 08/16
Acceptance call: 08/29

All the best to everyone else!!!
Intern
Intern
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 29 Aug 2016, 19:49
fall2017applicant wrote:

Here's the timeline

Congrats! I'm curious how you were informed that your interviewer submitted his/her report. Did you receive an automated email or did your status change in your application portal online?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 29 Aug 2016, 21:19
No, I had met an adcom member when they came to my city for an info session - and kept up a relationship with her. She informed me after I updated her that my interview was done :-) No updates on the portal or anything.
Intern
Intern
Schools: CBS '19
GPA: 3.4
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 30 Aug 2016, 09:29
fall2017applicant wrote:
No, I had met an adcom member when they came to my city for an info session - and kept up a relationship with her. She informed me after I updated her that my interview was done :-) No updates on the portal or anything.

Congratulations! I had my interview last Friday so fingers crossed I will be joining you. Just to clarify, you didn't receive an automated email message saying that your interviewer submitted her evaluations, like you did when your recommenders submitted?

On the CBS website it says once your recommender submits the evaluations, you will receive a notification via email and on the portal, so wondering if that is truly the case. I haven't received any notification and not sure if my Alum interviewer submitted.
Intern
Intern
Schools: CBS '19 (M)
GPA: 3.65
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 30 Aug 2016, 12:36
caannie1 wrote:
fall2017applicant wrote:

Here's the timeline

Congrats! I'm curious how you were informed that your interviewer submitted his/her report. Did you receive an automated email or did your status change in your application portal online?

I was told by the AdCom that they are currently upgrading their interview system, which is why folks aren't getting status updates / notifications when their interviewer submits their report. I didn't get a notification either, but my interviewer told me that she submitted it and then I received my acceptance call about two weeks later
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 31 Aug 2016, 00:00
No updates on the portal about interviews, that's right :-)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 31 Aug 2016, 08:25
Its been less than a week since I submitted my application. When can I expect to hear back from the Columbia? Any chance its before the 4 week mark?
Intern
Intern
Schools: CBS '19 (M)
GPA: 3.65
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 31 Aug 2016, 08:38
10754991 wrote:
Its been less than a week since I submitted my application. When can I expect to hear back from the Columbia? Any chance its before the 4 week mark?

After aggressively searching these threads like a paranoid maniac, I learned that there is really no hard and steady rule - 4 weeks is typical, but I've seen a fair number of cases where its quicker and a fair number of cases where it slower. My suggestion is to not worry about it because length of time doesn't seem to relate to likelihood of interview / acceptance. From personal experience, trying to identify a pattern, and seeing where you stand will do nothing for you at best, and give you unnecessary anxiety at worst.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.62

Show Tags

New post 31 Aug 2016, 17:12
Hey everybody! I just found this forum this week. I'll be applying to Columbia early decision. I am just finishing up my essays and I'm trying to get the application submitted before Sept 10. Good luck to everyone who is applying and congrats to those already accepted! Hope to be joining you all next fall.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 Sep 2016, 00:59
arjuns247 wrote:
10754991 wrote:

After aggressively searching these threads like a paranoid maniac, I learned that there is really no hard and steady rule - 4 weeks is typical, but I've seen a fair number of cases where its quicker and a fair number of cases where it slower. My suggestion is to not worry about it because length of time doesn't seem to relate to likelihood of interview / acceptance. From personal experience, trying to identify a pattern, and seeing where you stand will do nothing for you at best, and give you unnecessary anxiety at worst.

You're right! Instead of worrying about whether I will receive an interview invite from Columbia, I should focus on getting my other applications ready for submission.
Intern
Intern
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Sep 2016, 09:59
Hi Everyone,

I have great news to share - I received my acceptance call yesterday morning! My timeline is below. Happy to answer any questions - just let me know!

Application Complete: 7/13/16
Invited to Interview: 8/15/16
Interviewed: 8/23/16
Interview Feedback Submitted: 8/30/16
Acceptance call: 8/31/16
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 Sep 2016, 19:28
caannie1 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I have great news to share - I received my acceptance call yesterday morning! My timeline is below. Happy to answer any questions - just let me know!

Congrats! Any idea why it took the interviewer a week to submit a report? :)

It took only one day for the Adcom to make a decision after the report. That's impressive!

Anyway congrats again! Finger crossed as I'm waiting for a final decision now...
Intern
Intern
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Sep 2016, 19:51
dennishyt wrote:
caannie1 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Congrats! Any idea why it took the interviewer a week to submit a report? :)

It took only one day for the Adcom to make a decision after the report. That's impressive!

Anyway congrats again! Finger crossed as I'm waiting for a final decision now...

No idea why it took my interviewer so long to submit - but that was definitely a stressful time. Yes, I was surprised that it only took one day for the Adcom to make their decision after the report! Congrats on getting the interview - that's a huge accomplishment! Good luck on the final step!
Intern
Intern
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Sep 2016, 19:55
For those who are not applying early decision, when are you planning to submit your app? In true rolling admissions way, I have heard they sit in a queue and are reviewed in order of being received...
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019   [#permalink] 01 Sep 2016, 19:55

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  28    Next  [ 548 posts ] 

Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: jeometricals