It is currently 20 Aug 2017, 06:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
B

Kudos [?]: 64 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Sep 2016, 08:35
You're correct -- once they get through all of the ED applicants they will go in the order received for the regular-decision applicants. So if your materials are ready, you should submit them sooner rather than later. The CBS class fills up more quickly because of the ED component and it's just always better to know where you stand as soon as you can. (Again, assuming your materials are the best they can be!)

Good luck!

LittleMoW wrote:
For those who are not applying early decision, when are you planning to submit your app? In true rolling admissions way, I have heard they sit in a queue and are reviewed in order of being received...

I've been an admissions consultant with Stacy Blackman Consulting since 2008. I went to Harvard Business School for my MBA and Michigan Ross for my BBA. I have helped clients gain acceptance into all of the top programs and am a big believer in letting your voice and your personality shine through in your application materials. Best of luck!

Interested in a free 30-minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: http://stacyblackman.com/contact

Erika Olson | Stacy Blackman Consulting Inc | http://www.StacyBlackman.com

BSchool Forum Moderator

Kudos [?]: 1819 [0], given: 150

Premium Member
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Sep 2016, 16:39

TOMORROW: Live Chat Session with Columbia Admission Team Member

Hello Everyone, Tomorrow we are conducting a live chat session with Assistant Director of Admissions at Columbia - Kelsey Kephart. Event details are given below. See you all in the chat tomorrow.

September 06, 2016 | Tuesday | 8:30 AM Pacific; 11:30 Eastern Time; 15:30 GMT. | Place: New Chat Room

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || GMAC's IR Prep Tool

Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 !!! NEW !!!

GMAT Club guide - OG 11-12-13 || Veritas Blog || Manhattan GMAT Blog

KUDOS please, if you like the post or if it helps :-)

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
G
Affiliations: GMAT Club

Kudos [?]: 3518 [0], given: 2393

City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 06 Sep 2016, 07:40
Chat will start in 40 Minutes! If you are around, stay logged into the chat room.... mchat.php?fl=menu

bagdbmba wrote:

TOMORROW: Live Chat Session with Columbia Admission Team Member

Hello Everyone, Tomorrow we are conducting a live chat session with Assistant Director of Admissions at Columbia - Kelsey Kephart. Event details are given below. See you all in the chat tomorrow.

September 06, 2016 | Tuesday | 8:30 AM Pacific; 11:30 Eastern Time; 15:30 GMT. | Place: New Chat Room

Every Wednesday: Meet MBA Experts in Chat Room and Ask Your Most-Pressing MBA Admission Questions to them in a Live Chat.

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Kudos [?]: 3518 [0], given: 2393

Top Contributor
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 06 Sep 2016, 08:25
Top Contributor
Guys,
We're starting the Chat with Columbia Adcom in 5 minutes...so, join in the chat room if you're available. Leverage this opportunity to clarify your concerns related to Columbia Admission this year!

Happy Chatting :-)

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || GMAC's IR Prep Tool

Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 !!! NEW !!!

GMAT Club guide - OG 11-12-13 || Veritas Blog || Manhattan GMAT Blog

KUDOS please, if you like the post or if it helps :-)

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Schools: Wharton '19, CBS '19

Show Tags

New post 07 Sep 2016, 13:16
Has anyone who applied in early/mid August heard anything yet?

Expert Post
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Sep 2016, 13:21
I had a client who applied ED in mid-July get an interview exactly 4 weeks later. He found out he was accepted before the holiday weekend. I have another ED client who submitted in mid-August who has not heard anything yet.

They will not be contacting NON-Early Decision applicants for a while, I would imagine. Usually they get through all of the ED applications in October (but don't quote me on that).

ck986 wrote:
Has anyone who applied in early/mid August heard anything yet?

I've been an admissions consultant with Stacy Blackman Consulting since 2008. I went to Harvard Business School for my MBA and Michigan Ross for my BBA. I have helped clients gain acceptance into all of the top programs and am a big believer in letting your voice and your personality shine through in your application materials. Best of luck!

Interested in a free 30-minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: http://stacyblackman.com/contact

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.62

Show Tags

New post 07 Sep 2016, 19:56
Hey guys, I just submitted my application today. After combing through this thread, it looks like its taking about a month to hear anything and if I get an interview, I'll be invited through email. Quick question to see if anyone has had a similar experience: I am a military applicant and in a little over a month we'll be conducting a big training exercise. I am worried that if I am invited to interview (based on the timelines I've seen here) it would come just prior to our field training. Anyone know how severely it'll handicap me to have to delay an interview 3 weeks from when you get an invite? If anyone has any insight, I would be very thankful. Thanks!

Expert Post
Admission Consultant
G
Status: Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT

Kudos [?]: 131 [0], given: 3

Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%

Show Tags

New post 07 Sep 2016, 20:24
upstate wrote:
Hey guys, I just submitted my application today. After combing through this thread, it looks like its taking about a month to hear anything and if I get an interview, I'll be invited through email. Quick question to see if anyone has had a similar experience: I am a military applicant and in a little over a month we'll be conducting a big training exercise. I am worried that if I am invited to interview (based on the timelines I've seen here) it would come just prior to our field training. Anyone know how severely it'll handicap me to have to delay an interview 3 weeks from when you get an invite? If anyone has any insight, I would be very thankful. Thanks!

Congrats on submitting! The sooner you interview, the better and if you are targeting ED, they tend to like to get those out of the way. That said, a few weeks isn't likely to make that much of a difference. Sometimes the alumni interviewer has to delay it a week or two anyway. A client of mine just got in today and he interviewed 2.5 weeks ago. It takes them time to get back sometimes as well, which has no significance really. I have had clients get in one day later with no money and this year 2.5 weeks later with $50K scholarship.

Good luck!

Best,
Scott

Personal MBA Coach
Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting
scott@personalmbacoach.com | +1 617 645 2424
http://www.personalmbacoach.com | http://www.personalmbacoach.com/blog

Intern
Intern

Schools: CBS '19
GPA: 3.4
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 08 Sep 2016, 14:14
PersonalMBACoach wrote:
upstate wrote:

Congrats on submitting! The sooner you interview, the better and if you are targeting ED, they tend to like to get those out of the way. That said, a few weeks isn't likely to make that much of a difference. Sometimes the alumni interviewer has to delay it a week or two anyway. A client of mine just got in today and he interviewed 2.5 weeks ago. It takes them time to get back sometimes as well, which has no significance really. I have had clients get in one day later with no money and this year 2.5 weeks later with $50K scholarship.

Good luck!

Best,
Scott

Thanks for the insight - just curious did your client's scholarship come with the admissions letter?

I was under the impression that CBS releases Merit scholarships after their deadline of January?

Expert Post
Admission Consultant
G
Status: Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT

Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%

Show Tags

New post 08 Sep 2016, 14:43
Fall19GC wrote:
PersonalMBACoach wrote:
upstate wrote:

Good luck!

Best,
Scott

Thanks for the insight - just curious did your client's scholarship come with the admissions letter?

I was under the impression that CBS releases Merit scholarships after their deadline of January?

Yes, the merit fellowship was offered with admission so they do not always wait.

Good luck!

Best,
Scott

Personal MBA Coach
Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting
scott@personalmbacoach.com | +1 617 645 2424
http://www.personalmbacoach.com | http://www.personalmbacoach.com/blog

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 Sep 2016, 19:09
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Does anyone have a theory on why this thread is so dead compared to last year? We're at 90 posts and last year by this date they were passing 150. Also seemed like way more applicants were posting last year. Probably not statistically significant but just something I noticed as I read through last year's thread (trying to busy myself while playing the waiting game).

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
B

Kudos [?]: 64 [1] , given: 1

Show Tags

New post 09 Sep 2016, 19:27
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
As someone who monitors these boards, I've thought the exact same thing. No idea what's going on! Maybe everyone is heads-down on apps due earlier? But that still wouldn't explain the comparison to last year (because CBS is always a later deadline than other top programs). I'm stumped. Maybe it means less competition out there for all of you... ?

upstate wrote:
Does anyone have a theory on why this thread is so dead compared to last year? We're at 90 posts and last year by this date they were passing 150. Also seemed like way more applicants were posting last year. Probably not statistically significant but just something I noticed as I read through last year's thread (trying to busy myself while playing the waiting game).

Kudos [?]: 64 [1] , given: 1

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 Sep 2016, 19:44
SBCErikaOlson wrote:
As someone who monitors these boards, I've thought the exact same thing. No idea what's going on! Maybe everyone is heads-down on apps due earlier? But that still wouldn't explain the comparison to last year (because CBS is always a later deadline than other top programs). I'm stumped. Maybe it means less competition out there for all of you... ?

upstate wrote:

Haha. One can hope...

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Schools: CBS '19 (A)

Show Tags

New post 09 Sep 2016, 23:33
Hi everyone! It seems the time between interview and decision varies a lot. I see someone got the call one day later and some waited for 2 weeks. I had my interview on Aug 29 and interview feedback report was probably on the same day or one day later, which means that I will reach the two weeks mark next Monday/Tuesday, but still heard nothing.. anyone who is in similar situation?

There seems to be a federal holiday in between so when we count days should we consider that? Thanks!!

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2016, 03:31
Do you know how long it takes for j-term applicants to get an invite?
I know that for ED it takes approximately 3-4 wks but have been wondering if it gets longer for J-terms or not.

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 6

GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40

Show Tags

New post 13 Sep 2016, 09:45
If you dont hear anything after the 4 weeks timeline, does it mean you are dinged :/
When does Columbia send the rejection email

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 8

GPA: 3.9

Show Tags

New post 13 Sep 2016, 10:57
lust4life wrote:
Do you know how long it takes for j-term applicants to get an invite?
I know that for ED it takes approximately 3-4 wks but have been wondering if it gets longer for J-terms or not.

They have another thread specifically for J-Terms, you should go there and ask.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 13 Sep 2016, 10:58
daredevil123 wrote:
If you dont hear anything after the 4 weeks timeline, does it mean you are dinged :/

How long ago did you apply? I submitted my app the first week of August, but my recommender submitted his the second week of August, so I think I should base it off when my application was complete with his recommendation. I have not heard anything...it seems like they are really taking their time this year.

Manager
Manager

GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40

Show Tags

New post 13 Sep 2016, 11:04
guateamala86 wrote:
daredevil123 wrote:

How long ago did you apply? I submitted my app the first week of August, but my recommender submitted his the second week of August, so I think I should base it off when my application was complete with his recommendation. I have not heard anything...it seems like they are really taking their time this year.

I applied on August 15th. Completed 4 weeks yesterday.
In the gmatclub chat, CBS adcom member did say that they are averaging a turnaround time of 4 weeks now.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 13 Sep 2016, 11:06
daredevil123 wrote:
guateamala86 wrote:
daredevil123 wrote:

I applied on August 15th. Completed 4 weeks yesterday.
In the gmatclub chat, CBS adcom member did say that they are averaging a turnaround time of 4 weeks now.
Did you complete 6 weeks?

But yesterday was September 12th, am I missing a beat? From the posts, it seems like we hear about an interview +/- 2 days of the month mark.

Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019   [#permalink] 13 Sep 2016, 11:06

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  28    Next  [ 548 posts ]