GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Oct 2019, 21:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Columbia MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake (Class of 2022)!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: CBS '22 (II)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.9
Re: Calling all Columbia MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake (Class of 2022)!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2019, 06:02
tanmay1392 wrote:
Submitted on 24th August. Got my reject on 20th August. In about 27 days.

Posted from my mobile device

I’m sorry man. I submitted on 28th, I guess I will have my update this week too.
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Calling all Columbia MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake (Class of 2022)!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2019, 06:49
I submitted ~2 weeks ago but under regular decision (was considering early but decided against it, so had the app done).

Does the 3-6 week time still apply for me? Seems like on CBS's site they wait until all ED apps are done, which would be well into October or maybe start of November, to look at regular decision.
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: CBS '22 (A)
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GMAT 3: 690 Q49 V36
GMAT 4: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.6
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2019, 07:01
Yes they won't look at ur application until ED is finished

wabo22 wrote:
I submitted ~2 weeks ago but under regular decision (was considering early but decided against it, so had the app done).

Does the 3-6 week time still apply for me? Seems like on CBS's site they wait until all ED apps are done, which would be well into October or maybe start of November, to look at regular decision.

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: CBS '22 (D)

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2019, 07:15
Hoagie wrote:
tanmay1392 wrote:

I’m sorry man. I submitted on 28th, I guess I will have my update this week too.

hi Hoagie, hope you get what you wish for. why CBS though?
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2019, 12:19
Submitted 9/3 - hoping to hear good news this week. Good luck all.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2019, 12:50
Peetabread wrote:
Submitted 9/3 - hoping to hear good news this week. Good luck all.

Best of luck Peetabread :)
B
Schools: CBS '22 (II)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.9

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2019, 18:34
samjones2013 wrote:
Hoagie wrote:
tanmay1392 wrote:

Thanks man, I just got interview invite, fingers crossed. I chose CBS because It is strong in financial technology and investment management. And most importantly, since I am looking to transfer to US or Europe, I guess CBS gives me the best shot comparing to other schools.
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
S

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2019, 20:16
If they are handling the RD apps like last year, you may have a while to wait. Here is a message they sent out to RD applicants a few years ago on November 14:

"Thank you for your application to Columbia Business School. We will begin reviewing Regular Decision applications today, November 14, in the order in which they were received. Our goal is either to invite for an interview, or to deny an applicant, within six weeks from today. In practice, we expect to complete this process in less than four weeks. For updates on your status please login to your application status page."

I had clients that year who had submitted in Aug and Sept and got their final decisions in early Dec. Hope that helps. (Again, this is how it had been done in the past -- there is always a chance they could change things up, but since ED takes priority I doubt it will be too different this year.)

Beacon11 wrote:
What is the expected timing for interview invites / review of regular decision applications? I submitted RD in early September.

I've been an admissions consultant with Stacy Blackman Consulting since 2008. I went to Harvard Business School for my MBA and Michigan Ross for my BBA. I have helped clients gain acceptance into all of the top programs and am a big believer in letting your voice and your personality shine through in your application materials. Best of luck!

Interested in a free 30-minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: http://stacyblackman.com/contact

Erika Olson | Stacy Blackman Consulting Inc | http://www.StacyBlackman.com
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2019, 00:25
Hi I have a couple of questions. I wrote to admissions but I havent heard from them for about a week now.
Will be helpful to have them addressed.

1) Do we have to report cwncelled score as well as Columbia is asking for number of times gmat exam taken.?

2) do recommenders have to post their reply before October 4 deadline as well? Or by completing the application the meaning conveyes is that your recommendrs should have got the email?

3) my college transcripts talk only about percentages. Will it be ok to use the GMAT measure for writing GPA (which essentially is I think if greater than 70% than it's a GPA of 4/4).

Pleaseeee help!!!

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2019, 06:42
Mudit27021988 wrote:
Hi I have a couple of questions. I wrote to admissions but I havent heard from them for about a week now.

1) Do we have to report cwncelled score as well as Columbia is asking for number of times gmat exam taken.?

2) do recommenders have to post their reply before October 4 deadline as well? Or by completing the application the meaning conveyes is that your recommendrs should have got the email?

3) my college transcripts talk only about percentages. Will it be ok to use the GMAT measure for writing GPA (which essentially is I think if greater than 70% than it's a GPA of 4/4).

Pleaseeee help!!!

I can help with your first two questions. Not sure about #3.

1) I don't believe you need to report what the score was for a cancelled GMAT, but you should include it when they ask you how many times you've taken the exam. So if you took the test twice and cancelled one score, you would tell them you took the test twice but would only report the score you did not cancel.

2) Your recommenders need to upload their recommendation before you can submit your application.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2019, 07:05
Hello everyone,

First of all good luck on your applications! I have a question about ED applicants if someone has an idea... If accepted as ED, does the acceptance usually come with something of a scholarship or financial aid?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2019, 07:38
Received invite to interview last night (9/24) -- submitted app on 9/3 so, so exactly 3 weeks. SOOOOOO stoked
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2019, 08:28
hi Hoagie, hope you get what you wish for. why CBS though?[/quote]

Thanks man, I just got interview invite, fingers crossed. I chose CBS because It is strong in financial technology and investment management. And most importantly, since I am looking to transfer to US or Europe, I guess CBS gives me the best shot comparing to other schools.[/quote]

Congratulations Hoagie, wish you all the best and that you get admitted.

B

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2019, 08:30
Peetabread wrote:
Received invite to interview last night (9/24) -- submitted app on 9/3 so, so exactly 3 weeks. SOOOOOO stoked

Congratulations Peetabread!
Hope the interview goes well and that you get admitted.

B
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.7
WE: Law (Other)

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2019, 08:39
samjones2013 wrote:

Thanks man, I just got interview invite, fingers crossed. I chose CBS because It is strong in financial technology and investment management. And most importantly, since I am looking to transfer to US or Europe, I guess CBS gives me the best shot comparing to other schools.[/quote]

Posted from my mobile device[/quote]

Hi Samy. If you don't mind me asking, how did you do on your GMAT?

I have a mediocre score and have barely found applicants called for interview (as per the decision tracker) with a score less than a 730!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2019, 08:52
LadyGaladriel wrote:
samjones2013 wrote:

Thanks man, I just got interview invite, fingers crossed. I chose CBS because It is strong in financial technology and investment management. And most importantly, since I am looking to transfer to US or Europe, I guess CBS gives me the best shot comparing to other schools.

Posted from my mobile device[/quote]

Hi Samy. If you don't mind me asking, how did you do on your GMAT?

I have a mediocre score and have barely found applicants called for interview (as per the decision tracker) with a score less than a 730![/quote]

I took the GMAT on August 3rd and scored a very horrendous score of 490 which may cause an impediment to any application to a top MBA program.
B

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2019, 08:54
Congrats Hoagie
This is indeed a feat.

All the best!!! :)

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2019, 08:55
One quick question. Is the conversion rate after interview invite high for Columbia. I read in one of the egmat blogs. Not sure if the info is correct. Can some one validate?

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GMAT 3: 690 Q49 V36
GMAT 4: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.6
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2019, 08:57
Anecdotally yes, it’s fairly high

Mudit27021988 wrote:
One quick question. Is the conversion rate after interview invite high for Columbia. I read in one of the egmat blogs. Not sure if the info is correct. Can some one validate?

BSchool Forum Moderator
V
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2019, 09:11
Mudit27021988 wrote:

Pleaseeee help!!!

Hi Mudit27021988,

With regard to your second question, I remember the adcom member saying that though they say that recommendations should be submitted together with the applications, they keep upto 5 days buffer for the recommendation letter. So if you end up applying to Columbia on 4th October, your recommendations can be submitted by 9th I guess.

With regard to transcripts, in India and some other countries, a lot of colleges follow percentage system and hence please report your percentage as it appears on the transcript and do not convert it to a GPA. Top US business schools are aware of the of different grading systems around the world and hence do not expect you to convert the same.

Hope this helps. All the best!
Re: Calling all Columbia MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake (Class of 2022)!   [#permalink] 25 Sep 2019, 09:11

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10    Next  [ 192 posts ] 

Calling all Columbia MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake (Class of 2022)!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: jeometricals, Zakyfish22