GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Nov 2019, 00:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Columbia MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake (Class of 2022)!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.75
Re: Calling all Columbia MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake (Class of 2022)!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2019, 08:16
scha228 wrote:
How long does it typically take to receive a response after the initial submission? I applied the first week of September, so curious how long until I hear either a rejection or interview invite?

I applied September 3 and received interview invite in exactly 3 weeks. From what I heard its 1-2weeks post interview to find result and interviewers also upload feedback.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.02
Re: Calling all Columbia MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake (Class of 2022)!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2019, 08:40
I had interview on 23rd September. I think it was quite good and got positive feedback from the interviewer. Feedback was submitted on the same day. I am waiting now...
Fingers crossed
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2019, 09:18
actionscript wrote:
I had interview on 23rd September. I think it was quite good and got positive feedback from the interviewer. Feedback was submitted on the same day. I am waiting now...
Fingers crossed

Good luck! I'm in process of scheduling interview now.
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: CBS '22 (A)
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GMAT 3: 690 Q49 V36
GMAT 4: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.6
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2019, 09:19
Good luck everyone!!
Peetabread wrote:
actionscript wrote:
Fingers crossed

Good luck! I'm in process of scheduling interview now.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
S
GMAT 1: 610 Q49 V25
GMAT 2: 610 Q46 V28
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.4
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2019, 10:15
Submitted on 6th Sept 2019 but have not heard back. Getting anxious day by day now.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.7
WE: Law (Other)

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2019, 10:22
rohansdalal wrote:
Submitted on 6th Sept 2019 but have not heard back. Getting anxious day by day now.

So am I! Submitted on thd 6th. Pm when you find out anything. Both of us are running on the same timelines.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2019, 10:35
Also a question. From what date do Ad Coms start reviewing applications? Date of submission of the application or date on which all recommendations come in (in case they are completed after submission)?
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: CBS '22 (D)

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2019, 13:46
LadyGaladriel wrote:
Also a question. From what date do Ad Coms start reviewing applications? Date of submission of the application or date on which all recommendations come in (in case they are completed after submission)?

The adcom starts reviewing applications once they are complete.

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2019, 16:52
Is there any data on individuals that have been accepted to Columbia’s Full Time MBA program with the Executive Assessment? Just trying to get a gauge on what an acceptable score looks like for the FT program. Thanks!

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: CBS '21 (M$)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2019, 19:44
Hi All, current student here. Happy to help out every now and again on this board, as I found it really helpful when applying - or to offer suggestions through an AMA at some point in a chat.

Regarding interview to acceptance conversion rate, it is my understanding that CBS knows more or less where you fit at the time of your interview. The interview is to confirm that initial understanding. Because it is with an alumnus/-a, it's not weighted as heavily as some other places where you'd interview with adcom. Do read the interview debriefs, and do know why being in NYC is important to you.
Intern
Intern
Schools: CBS '22 (A)

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2019, 00:23
Got my admit this week. Absolutely stoked to be joining Columbia.
Submitted my application on August 14. Got the interview invite on September 5. There were no alumni interviewers in my city, so I decided to travel instead of doing a Skype interview. He invited me to his home for the interview. The interview was on September 17, and feedback was submitted the next day. Got my admit on the 23rd.
All the best folks. I hope to see a lot of you in New York!
BSchool Forum Moderator
V
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2019, 00:53
devilcult wrote:
Got my admit this week. Absolutely stoked to be joining Columbia.
Submitted my application on August 14. Got the interview invite on September 5. There were no alumni interviewers in my city, so I decided to travel instead of doing a Skype interview. He invited me to his home for the interview. The interview was on September 17, and feedback was submitted the next day. Got my admit on the 23rd.
All the best folks. I hope to see a lot of you in New York!

Hi devilcult,

Congratulations on your admit. Would you please share your interview debrief as I am sure it will be very helpful for the other applicants who are in the process of applying or scheduling their interviews.

Thanks.
V

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2019, 00:59
MBAVet25 wrote:
Is there any data on individuals that have been accepted to Columbia’s Full Time MBA program with the Executive Assessment? Just trying to get a gauge on what an acceptable score looks like for the FT program. Thanks!

Hi MBAVet25,

Welcome to GMATCLUB! As this is the first year since Columbia has started accepting the EA and as we are still in the early decision round there isn't any data available for us to gauge on what an acceptable EA score is. In one of my interactions with the Adcom, the adcom mentioned that it will take them a few years to come up with a statics for the EA. However they did mention that they would rely on the percentile of the score to gain some understanding of the applicant's performance.

Hope this helps. All the best!
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2019, 02:51
I know it's a defeatist attitude, but how long do they take to send a rejection? Like do they send interview requests and rejections within the same timeline, or you are just kept waiting for 2 months till you get sent a rejection?

BSchool Forum Moderator
V

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2019, 02:56
LadyGaladriel wrote:
I know it's a defeatist attitude, but how long do they take to send a rejection? Like do they send interview requests and rejections within the same timeline, or you are just kept waiting for 2 months till you get sent a rejection?

Hi LadyGaladriel,

They generally let you know of your decision, that is invite to interview or a ding, within 4-5 weeks.
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2019, 02:58
rohan2345 wrote:
LadyGaladriel wrote:

Hi LadyGaladriel,

They generally let you know of your decision that is invite to interview or a ding within 4-5 weeks.

So it's not a unnecessarily torturous wait till rejection. Thanks!!
Manager
Manager
S
GMAT 1: 610 Q49 V25
GMAT 2: 610 Q46 V28
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.4
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2019, 07:04
Just received interview invite... Submitted Application on 6th Sept.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2019, 07:12
rohansdalal wrote:
Just received interview invite... Submitted Application on 6th Sept.

Best of luck and tell us how it was!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2019, 12:52
rohan2345 wrote:
MBAVet25 wrote:

Hi MBAVet25,

Welcome to GMATCLUB! As this is the first year since Columbia has started accepting the EA and as we are still in the early decision round there isn't any data available for us to gauge on what an acceptable EA score is. In one of my interactions with the Adcom, the adcom mentioned that it will take them a few years to come up with a statics for the EA. However they did mention that they would rely on the percentile of the score to gain some understanding of the applicant's performance.

I appreciate the feedback. That makes sense. The only thing I can really reference is the Columbia EMBA data I've seen on this website. For the EMBA, it sounds like a 150+ is considered competitive. However, I know the FT MBA program will have higher standards of admission. So I take that information with a grain of salt. It'll be interesting to see the data on the EA test next year if it is made available. Either way, I am pushing forward with the EA as my standardized test for my application. Wish me luck!
BSchool Forum Moderator
V

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2019, 13:27
MBAVet25 wrote:
rohan2345 wrote:
MBAVet25 wrote:

Hi MBAVet25,

I appreciate the feedback. That makes sense. The only thing I can really reference is the Columbia EMBA data I've seen on this website. For the EMBA, it sounds like a 150+ is considered competitive. However, I know the FT MBA program will have higher standards of admission. So I take that information with a grain of salt. It'll be interesting to see the data on the EA test next year if it is made available. Either way, I am pushing forward with the EA as my standardized test for my application. Wish me luck!

Hi MBAVet25,

Yes, I guess EMBA is certainly a good place to start. It does provide some data to help us understand what a good score may be. Though I agree with you that they will expect a higher standard for their full time MBA program. You should really go for the test that you are most comfortable with. If you feel you may perform better in EA than by all means go ahead. This year NYU stern has also started accepting EA so you may apply there as well in addition to Columbia. Wish you all the best for your test and your applications. Cheers!
Re: Calling all Columbia MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake (Class of 2022)!   [#permalink] 27 Sep 2019, 13:27

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  14    Next  [ 275 posts ] 

Calling all Columbia MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake (Class of 2022)!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: jeometricals, Zakyfish22