Last visit was: 27 Jul 2024, 00:42 It is currently 27 Jul 2024, 00:42
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10  ...  23   
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: LBS '22 (I)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.35
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2901 [0]
Given Kudos: 144
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 68 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 610 Q46 V28
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Re: Calling all Columbia MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake (Class of 2022)! [#permalink]
I am also finding same issue. 1st interviewer is travelling and hence suggested to find another interviewer. Sent invite to another and I hope 2nd interviewer agrees and agrees to schedule soon.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools: CBS '22 (A)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Columbia MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake (Class of 2022)! [#permalink]
Kudos
Do you see ED admits get financial aid from the school? Or is majorly reserved to attract RD admits only?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: CBS '22 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V36
GMAT 3: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 4: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Kudos
Congrats to those who are admitted again!
Could anyone of you please support me and start introducing yourself to fellow admitted students in the separate thread for admitted students? :D

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hey I also interviewed on the 23rd and had feedback submitted the same day - have you heard back yet? Figured we could connect and keep each other posted given we are on the same timeline. Feel free to PM!

actionscript wrote:
I had interview on 23rd September. I think it was quite good and got positive feedback from the interviewer. Feedback was submitted on the same day. I am waiting now...
Fingers crossed
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Dinged after a great interview - pretty disappointed. Best of luck everyone!
(Note: This was pretty tough to post, looking on these forums it seems like acceptance after interviewing is a sure thing)
Sia Admissions Representative
Affiliations: NYU, Yale
Own Kudos [?]: 145 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi MurrayHillTrooper,

Sorry to hear about your ding. I hope you are not allowing this ding to alter your b-school plans. I am happy to speak with you about your experience with Columbia and provide guidance on how to move forward. If interested, please email me at info@siaadmissions.com.

Sorry again, and good luck with the rest of your applications.

Susan

MurrayHillTrooper wrote:
(Note: This was pretty tough to post, looking on these forums it seems like acceptance after interviewing is a sure thing)
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8919 [0]
Given Kudos: 3038
GRE 1: Q168 V154
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
dp720760 wrote:
Congrats to those who are admitted again!
Could anyone of you please support me and start introducing yourself to fellow admitted students in the separate thread for admitted students? :D

We have the following topic for the admitted students.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-for- ... 03891.html
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 3.02
Send PM
Denied after a great interview

Manager
Manager
Send PM
I was invited to interview on 27th and after that I reached out to two Alums but they were travelling till mid of Oct hence suggested to look for another one. After reaching out to third one Third interviewer also giving me time on 18th. I feel it is too late. Can someone guide what can be done? Does it lower my chances of admit if I schedule late as he has suggested? Further he has not suggested to look for another one as earlier two alums did. So I don’t think it is right to cancel with third Alum also. Should I reach out to adcom and tell them about this??

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: LBS '22 (I)
GPA: 3.35
Send PM
MurrayHillTrooper wrote:

So sorry to hear that. Why was your timeline? After how many days did you receive the interview invite after submitting?

Good luck to your other applications!

Send PM
Expert Reply
hi actionscript,

So sorry to hear about your ding. Chin-up - there is still hope for other universities to admit you so focus on your next steps. Good luck with the rest of your applications.

Susan

actionscript wrote:
Denied after a great interview

Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi rohansdalal,

Sorry to hear about your challenges with pinning down an early interview. I recommend that you communicate with the admission team, explaining the situation. Let them guide you on what they want you to do.

Good luck!

Susan

rohansdalal wrote:
I was invited to interview on 27th and after that I reached out to two Alums but they were travelling till mid of Oct hence suggested to look for another one. After reaching out to third one Third interviewer also giving me time on 18th. I feel it is too late. Can someone guide what can be done? Does it lower my chances of admit if I schedule late as he has suggested? Further he has not suggested to look for another one as earlier two alums did. So I don’t think it is right to cancel with third Alum also. Should I reach out to adcom and tell them about this??

Manager
Manager
Send PM
I have reached out to adcom and sent them mail. I am planning to call them today if I do not get reply as my confirmation to interviewer is on hold. I do not want him to get any wrong impression by sending late confirmation.

SiaAdmissions wrote:
Hi rohansdalal,

Sorry to hear about your challenges with pinning down an early interview. I recommend that you communicate with the admission team, explaining the situation. Let them guide you on what they want you to do.

Good luck!

Susan

rohansdalal wrote:

Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi rohansdalal

That sounds like a great plan. It's only 9:13 AM Eastern Time (beginning of a workday), so I am sure the admissions team will respond to your message.

Best of luck!

Susan

rohansdalal wrote:
I have reached out to adcom and sent them mail. I am planning to call them today if I do not get reply as my confirmation to interviewer is on hold. I do not want him to get any wrong impression by sending late confirmation.

SiaAdmissions wrote:
Hi rohansdalal,

Good luck!

Susan

rohansdalal wrote:

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2901 [0]
Given Kudos: 144
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
rohansdalal wrote:

SiaAdmissions wrote:
Hi rohansdalal,

Good luck!

Susan

rohansdalal wrote:

Hi Rohan,

I think Susan has shared some great advice. In addition, if you need a reply sooner, you can call up the admissions as they are pretty responsive as well. I spoke to the adcom who visited India in July this year and she was incredibly helpful in answering any questions I had regarding the applications.

Hope this helps. All the best for your interview.
Denied
27 Sep, 2019
01 Oct 2019, 10:58
Private, GMAT: 750, Q50, V41; WE: 60 months; India; via Portal_update
Interviewed with an alum, thought it went well, was really surprised to find out that I was rejected. Emailed the interviewer for feedback, but he hasn't responded. [#permalink]
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 446
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
Send PM
bbmystic wrote:
Interviewed with an alum, thought it went well, was really surprised to find out that I was rejected. Emailed the interviewer for feedback, but he hasn't responded.
Denied on: 2019/09/27
GMAT: 750, Q50, V41
WE: 60 months
Heard back via: Portal_update

bbmystic

That's very disheartening. I wish u all the luck for your upcoming interviews.

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10  ...  23   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6985 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
236 posts