GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Nov 2019, 06:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Columbia MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake (Class of 2022)!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Booth '22 (II)
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
Re: Calling all Columbia MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake (Class of 2022)!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2019, 09:53
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
The best thing for you to focus on would be to retake the GMAT and achieve a 49 in quant; 47 is 61st percentile which is a hair low for CBS. Raises some concern about your ability to keep up. You might also try your hand at the GRE.

If retesting is out of the question, do MBA Math which is a janky website but adcom takes the program seriously.They give you a transcript to send to admissions.
It's a self paced program that takes around 15 or 20 hours to complete. My clients have knocked it out in a weekend.

If you plan to submit R2 applications, which is wise, MBA Math might be best so you can allocate more time to the quality of your essays. It does not have the same weight as the GMAT or GRE, but investing time in your application is more of a sure bet.

acbobadilha

acbobadilha wrote:
Hey guys

Applied 09/18
Interviewed 10/08
'Waitlisted' 10/11

How is the average experience for people who got waitlisted in Early Decision? The message that I received says that my application will be considered again for Regular Decision, so it is not exactly a waitlist ....how does that work? Should I consider a certain rejection, but just a few months ahead?

Posted from my mobile device

Nice, thanks for that! That's very useful.

Yesterday I received an email from the admissions office scheduling a meeting next week to discuss the 'overall process'. What should I expect here? Should I prepare myself for a new interview? Should I bring something new to the table?

I plan to visit the school mid-November as I will be in NYC for work-related reasons. I'll bring that up during our conversation and contact a few students clubs so I can get the most of my trip.

Any light here is really appreciated.

Tks!
INSEAD School Moderator
D
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: Calling all Columbia MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake (Class of 2022)!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2019, 14:19
Wow, interesting. Do they mean the overall process if you are waitliisted?

acbobadilha wrote:
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
The best thing for you to focus on would be to retake the GMAT and achieve a 49 in quant; 47 is 61st percentile which is a hair low for CBS. Raises some concern about your ability to keep up. You might also try your hand at the GRE.

If retesting is out of the question, do MBA Math which is a janky website but adcom takes the program seriously.They give you a transcript to send to admissions.
It's a self paced program that takes around 15 or 20 hours to complete. My clients have knocked it out in a weekend.

If you plan to submit R2 applications, which is wise, MBA Math might be best so you can allocate more time to the quality of your essays. It does not have the same weight as the GMAT or GRE, but investing time in your application is more of a sure bet.

acbobadilha

acbobadilha wrote:
Hey guys

Applied 09/18
Interviewed 10/08
'Waitlisted' 10/11

How is the average experience for people who got waitlisted in Early Decision? The message that I received says that my application will be considered again for Regular Decision, so it is not exactly a waitlist ....how does that work? Should I consider a certain rejection, but just a few months ahead?

Nice, thanks for that! That's very useful.

Yesterday I received an email from the admissions office scheduling a meeting next week to discuss the 'overall process'. What should I expect here? Should I prepare myself for a new interview? Should I bring something new to the table?

I plan to visit the school mid-November as I will be in NYC for work-related reasons. I'll bring that up during our conversation and contact a few students clubs so I can get the most of my trip.

Any light here is really appreciated.

Tks!

Intern
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2019, 09:55
Admitted! So happy!!

app submission: 9/3
interview invite: 9/24
interview feedback: 10/14 (had a hard time scheduling with various interviewers)
admission date: 10/17
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.26

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2019, 09:57
Congratulations!
All the best!

Peetabread wrote:
Admitted! So happy!!

interview feedback: 10/14 (had a hard time scheduling with various interviewers)
Wharton Moderator
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V48

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2019, 09:58
Peetabread wrote:
Admitted! So happy!!

Congratulations Peetabread.
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2019, 09:58
Wow! Many congratulations. All the best :)

Peetabread wrote:
Admitted! So happy!!

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Booth '22 (II)

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2019, 15:07
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Wow, interesting. Do they mean the overall process if you are waitliisted?

Not sure. They just said to connect to discuss the overall process. Thats all I have :D

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2019, 05:54
I applied around Sept 1 for regular decision. Does anyone know how long it is approximately until they move onto regular decision apps? I know they have to get through ED ones first but based on past years is it sometime in the next week or two or more like Thanksgiving or later?
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: CBS '22 (A)
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GMAT 3: 690 Q49 V36
GMAT 4: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.6
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2019, 05:56
Probably around thanks giving I think?

wabo22 wrote:
I applied around Sept 1 for regular decision. Does anyone know how long it is approximately until they move onto regular decision apps? I know they have to get through ED ones first but based on past years is it sometime in the next week or two or more like Thanksgiving or later?

Wharton Moderator
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V48

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2019, 07:39
wabo22 wrote:

Depends on how many apps they received. My friend last year submitted his RD for Columbia in August and waited till after thanksgiving before receiving his invite to interview. Which makes sense given that ED will probably wrap up first or second week of November.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V50
GPA: 3.1

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2019, 08:28
Just got invited to interview!! I applied 9/30 and received my invitation to interview this morning :)

I know there's a lot of resources online that offer some great interview advice. Is there any advice in particular, or any particular resources, that people have found to be especially helpful?
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.58

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2019, 12:48
Glad to see this. I submitted 9/30 as well
mbahopeful93 wrote:
Just got invited to interview!! I applied 9/30 and received my invitation to interview this morning :)

I know there's a lot of resources online that offer some great interview advice. Is there any advice in particular, or any particular resources, that people have found to be especially helpful?

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2019, 22:37
mbahopeful93 wrote:

Doing a couple of mocks will give you a lot of confidence and feel for the interview.
It's more often than not a very conversational interview. Answer what is exactly being asked, be genuine, and show your passion for the school.
And lastly, just relax and enjoy it (easier said than done). This is how you'll be able to put your best foot forward.
All the very best!
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2019, 05:46
Hi guys!

Is anyone who has applied in ED awaiting a reply from columbia?

Is there any latest date by which you can expect the invites to go out for ED applicants?

I submitted my application on the deadline itself but kind of nervous now.

Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2019, 05:48
3-6 weeks response time
Just stick to that time frame. No need to worry yet.

Mudit27021988 wrote:
Hi guys!

Is anyone who has applied in ED awaiting a reply from columbia?

Is there any latest date by which you can expect the invites to go out for ED applicants?

I submitted my application on the deadline itself but kind of nervous now.

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2019, 05:52
interview feedback submitted on 12th - I haven't received any update till now (portal/email). I don't have a positive feeling about this now, when/how do they notify for accept/reject?
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2019, 05:55
They give you a call when they accept you and send you an email if it’s a rejection.

They say within two weeks. I would say usually within a week if they accept you.

raps12 wrote:
interview feedback submitted on 12th - I haven't received any update till now (portal/email). I don't have a positive feeling about this now, when/how do they notify for accept/reject?

BSchool Forum Moderator
V
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2019, 06:07
raps12 wrote:

Hi raps12,

I have personally seen a lot of applicants getting their acceptance calls anywhere from 3 to 12 days after their interview. So you certainly can expect a positive decision this week.

All the best!
B
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V50
GPA: 3.1

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2019, 07:24
devilcult wrote:
mbahopeful93 wrote:

Doing a couple of mocks will give you a lot of confidence and feel for the interview.
It's more often than not a very conversational interview. Answer what is exactly being asked, be genuine, and show your passion for the school.
And lastly, just relax and enjoy it (easier said than done). This is how you'll be able to put your best foot forward.
All the very best!

Thanks! This is very helpful and I appreciate the support.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2019, 11:53
Truly So, I GOT IN! :)

rohan2345 wrote:
raps12 wrote:

Hi raps12,

I have personally seen a lot of applicants getting their acceptance calls anywhere from 3 to 12 days after their interview. So you certainly can expect a positive decision this week.

All the best!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Columbia MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake (Class of 2022)!   [#permalink] 21 Oct 2019, 11:53

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14    Next  [ 275 posts ] 

Calling all Columbia MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake (Class of 2022)!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: jeometricals, Zakyfish22