Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:14 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: CBS '22 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: LBS '22 (I)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.35
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2853 [0]
Given Kudos: 144
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Columbia MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake (Class of 2022)! [#permalink]
Hoagie wrote:
rocafella wrote:
aa54 wrote:
Does anyone know how the interview feedback process works? Does the interviewer get an email post-interview? It seemed like my interviewer didn't know the details on how to submit his feedback (i think this was the first interview he has done). He said he'd keep an eye out for an email, but not sure if I need to do anything on my end.

Once you confirm your interview date on your portal page, it generates an automatic email that is sent to the interviewer, which has the link to submit feedback. Once your interview is complete, your interviewer needs to click on that link and there will be a feedback form for him to fill. Once he submits, you'll get an email notification. Hope that helps.

I interviewed with an AO via Skype. Is the process any different? I didn’t receive the email notifying me about the interview report submission, but I can no longer see the interview match link on my portal. Does that make sense?

Posted from my mobile device

As your interview was directly with the AO you do not need to worry about interview report submission. That is only for applicants who interview with an alum as the alum has to inform the AO about the performance of the applicant during the interview. All the best.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.34
Send PM
Re: Calling all Columbia MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake (Class of 2022)! [#permalink]
just submitted right before the ED deadline. Good Luck to all!
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [1]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
For those of you who applied round one and have your goals essay all ready to rock, would recommend you apply to CBS at this point, where you are not binded by the decision but also you have a jump on everyone who is going to be applying in round 2. This Is The Sweet Spot for applying to CBS.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
where is the status located? top, middle, or bottom of the status page?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Send PM
Does anyone know if they start reviewing your application immediately if you put down that you'll be retaking the gmat? I entered my retake date as Oct 14 so wanted to make sure that they wont start reviewing until they get my updated score
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GMAT 3: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 4: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Kudos
Technically, they will read your application once you submitted everything, including your updated score.

LOM19010 wrote:
Does anyone know if they start reviewing your application immediately if you put down that you'll be retaking the gmat? I entered my retake date as Oct 14 so wanted to make sure that they wont start reviewing until they get my updated score

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
dp720760 wrote:
Technically, they will read your application once you submitted everything, including your updated score.

LOM19010 wrote:

Sorry, I probably should've clarified that I've already submitted my ED application but was wondering since I indicated in my application that I'll be retaking the GMAT soon, if they'll wait to review my app until after my retake or immediately.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GMAT 3: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 4: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Last year I submitted but indicated I would be retaking my GMAT. I was told they would only review my application once my new score was it. But it all happened in RD for me last year. I don’t know if it is different if you had applied for ED. Maybe you can send them an email to clarify?

LOM19010 wrote:
dp720760 wrote:

LOM19010 wrote:

Sorry, I probably should've clarified that I've already submitted my ED application but was wondering since I indicated in my application that I'll be retaking the GMAT soon, if they'll wait to review my app until after my retake or immediately.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Denied after a great interview. Best of luck to all.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Hoagie wrote:

That's tough Hoagie.. but on to the next! You have a great profile I am sure you will have better luck elsewhere. Can I ask what date your interviewer submitted their response?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Hoagie wrote:

Sorry to hear that. Seems like a few others had good interviews but still didn't get the acceptance. Maybe they changed the importance of interview or the process this year since it seemed like an invitation to interview meant you were 90% of the way there.

Good luck on the rest of the process
Manager
Manager
Send PM
yoogene77 wrote:
Hoagie wrote:

That's tough Hoagie.. but on to the next! You have a great profile I am sure you will have better luck elsewhere. Can I ask what date your interviewer submitted their response?

I was interviewed by an AO via Skype, so the process might be a little different, as I never got the email noticing me about the interview report. But it did seem that she submitted soon after we hanged up. I really appreciated her quick response.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 446
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
Send PM
Hi guys. One small inout required. I submitted my application on October 4, the deadline and now I realize that at one place in essay I have made a mistake and skipped two words, may be during one of my edits it so happened and I didn't realize. Can you please suggest are such errors taking very seriously. I am sure they will be. (And is there a way to rectify it)??

Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
This happens all the time and I don't think that you should stress about it. Unless you put the name of another business school in there, in which case you still really can't do anything.

I would only contact them if it was maybe something where you left out the name of a company you want to work for in your goals essay. two words that really are necessary for them to comprehend to the essay.

This error is entirely normal, not fatal, I would not spend any time worrying about it.

I think contacting them over this would be a bad look.

Mudit27021988 wrote:
Hi guys. One small inout required. I submitted my application on October 4, the deadline and now I realize that at one place in essay I have made a mistake and skipped two words, may be during one of my edits it so happened and I didn't realize. Can you please suggest are such errors taking very seriously. I am sure they will be. (And is there a way to rectify it)??

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [1]
Given Kudos: 446
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
Send PM
Kudos
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
This happens all the time and I don't think that you should stress about it. Unless you put the name of another business school in there, in which case you still really can't do anything.

I would only contact them if it was maybe something where you left out the name of a company you want to work for in your goals essay. two words that really are necessary for them to comprehend to the essay.

This error is entirely normal, not fatal, I would not spend any time worrying about it.

I think contacting them over this would be a bad look.

Mudit27021988 wrote:

Thanks MBAPrepCoach. This indeed was helpful and relieving.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Schools: CBS '22 (WA)
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
Send PM
Hey guys

Applied 09/18
Interviewed 10/08
'Waitlisted' 10/11

How is the average experience for people who got waitlisted in Early Decision? The message that I received says that my application will be considered again for Regular Decision, so it is not exactly a waitlist ....how does that work? Should I consider a certain rejection, but just a few months ahead?
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
The best thing for you to focus on would be to retake the GMAT and achieve a 49 in quant; 47 is 61st percentile which is a hair low for CBS. Raises some concern about your ability to keep up. You might also try your hand at the GRE.

If retesting is out of the question, do MBA Math which is a janky website but adcom takes the program seriously.They give you a transcript to send to admissions.
It's a self paced program that takes around 15 or 20 hours to complete. My clients have knocked it out in a weekend.

If you plan to submit R2 applications, which is wise, MBA Math might be best so you can allocate more time to the quality of your essays. It does not have the same weight as the GMAT or GRE, but investing time in your application is more of a sure bet.

acbobadilha

acbobadilha wrote:
Hey guys

Applied 09/18
Interviewed 10/08
'Waitlisted' 10/11

How is the average experience for people who got waitlisted in Early Decision? The message that I received says that my application will be considered again for Regular Decision, so it is not exactly a waitlist ....how does that work? Should I consider a certain rejection, but just a few months ahead?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  23   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts