Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 23:56 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 23:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GRE 1: Q169 V165
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Operations, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V51
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke-Fuqua Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Forward wrote:
alwayswaiting wrote:

On a side note, has anyone received an early interview notification/noticed a change on their applicant portal?

I don't see anything yet, either.

I think we get an email if/when our status changes so probably not worth checking for updates... but I can't help it :shock:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V38
WE:Design (Manufacturing)
Send PM
I just googled the deadlines for class of 2015 and 2016, and read through their respective GMATclub pages to check the trends. Lol I am helpless.

I found out that both the years decisions were released on the notification date and not 1 day earlier. Roughly at 2 PM EST too.

But we can't let go off the fact that (class of) 2017's R1's invites were declared one day earlier.

On a different note, I will not let go off the status page completely, because both in (class of) 2015 and 2016 there were a handful of people who did not receive an email but upon logging in SISS, their status was changed to 'Invited for the Interview'

Its just funny how we let go off everything productive and speculate all the mays, wills and coulds in spite of knowing that our anticipation won't change their decisions. :lol:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ThePot wrote:
Its just funny how we let go off everything productive and speculate all the mays, wills and coulds in spite of knowing that our anticipation won't change their decisions. :lol:

I know, right? But somehow it makes me feel better...like it's a small degree of control at a time when I feel helpless. :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ThePot wrote:
I just googled the deadlines for class of 2015 and 2016, and read through their respective GMATclub pages to check the trends. Lol I am helpless.

I found out that both the years decisions were released on the notification date and not 1 day earlier. Roughly at 2 PM EST too.

But we can't let go off the fact that (class of) 2017's R1's invites were declared one day earlier.

On a different note, I will not let go off the status page completely, because both in (class of) 2015 and 2016 there were a handful of people who did not receive an email but upon logging in SISS, their status was changed to 'Invited for the Interview'

Ooh that's very helpful, thanks. I will keep checking SISS with my heart in my mouth...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Send PM
Forward wrote:
ThePot wrote:

I know, right? But somehow it makes me feel better...like it's a small degree of control at a time when I feel helpless. :)

But at the same time it's oddly reassuring to know that the invites haven't been posted yet... Feels like there's still a chance, even though they've obviously made their decision by now.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I imagine a handful of us are basically doing this, just with admissions:

Intern
Intern
Send PM
alwayswaiting wrote:

I imagine it's more than a handful! :lol:

(And I love xkcd!)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
FROM Fuqua Current Student Blogs: Fuqua Faculty: Thought Leaders in their Fields
It is not by chance that Fuqua has ranked consistently as best faculty among business schools. The school draws faculty members from around the world who have in-depth experience that cuts across all industries and functions. Many of them are currently pioneering initiatives in their field. In particular, I am going highlight two great professors that touched my experience while studying at Fuqua:

Cathy Clark: Impact Investing
I was in her course, Impact Investing, this past term in which we revised the emerging investment strategy also called triple bottom line (financial, social and environmental returns). This movement appeared recently as a way to expand the ability of nonprofit and for-profit ventures to scale their impacts on critical issues such as energy, water, climate change, community development, health, sustainable development and education.

My surprise appeared when I realized that Cathy not only teaches this class, but also is one of the leaders of this new investment trend. Through the Center for the Advancement of Social Entrepreneurship (CASE), she leads programs such as CASE i3 Fellowship for students and CASE i3 B Lab and GIIRS Research for researchers. She is co-author of “The Impact Investor,” a must-read for those interested in the area. And she serves on the US National Advisory Board on Impact Investing (NAB). In summary, she is one of THE experts on impact investing.

John Graham: Corporate Finance

Professor John Graham
I attended John Graham’s Corporate Finance class my first year in the MBA. Although I worked previously in the financial industry for couple of years, I wanted to have an update on the field. From the first, class I was delighted by his clear explanation of finance theory. But there was something even more valuable than our discussion of topics from the course books. John runs the CFO Survey which interviews CFOs around the world quarterly about economic expectations, corporate optimism and investment plans for a broad range of industries. Although the survey started in the U.S., its findings are being looked at all over the world, including my country, Chile.

With this tool, Professor Graham gives students a sense of what is happening in the real world. Contrasting theory with this evidence was especially interesting and helpful for me to understand why sometimes managers do not behave exactly as the theory mandates. And at the same time, it was valuable to realize common mistakes that companies make when evaluating their projects or setting their internal policies.

It is great to be taught by excellent professors, but priceless when they have in-depth experience in their research areas. Their insights and field work make a huge difference when it comes to students receiving a holistic learning experience. Thanks Cathy and John, for your great classes!

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Send PM
alwayswaiting wrote:

If you use Chrome they have an auto refresh extension. I've got mine running every 15 minutes ...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.36
No updates yet, so my question is when they said Feb 4th by midnight they meant we will hear something tonight (or in a little more than 9 hours)??
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
fengfenglee wrote:
No updates yet, so my question is when they said Feb 4th by midnight they meant we will hear something tonight (or in a little more than 9 hours)??

I am fairly certain it will be tomorrow
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
fengfenglee wrote:

It really means 23:39 ET on February 4. So about 33.5 hours from now is the latest deadline. Odds are it will be earlier in the day. I think someone earlier mentioned that 2:00 pm was when they released in the past, and I would bet they are posted by COB tomorrow (about 5:00 pm ET).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: General Management, Finance
Send PM
mmjin0099 wrote:
17MBAApplicant wrote:
Hi All -

I may be a little late to the punch on this, but is it appropriate to ask the scholarship committee to reconsider your scholarship status on the basis of offers received from other schools? If so, what is the protocol for this? I'm very interested in Fuqua but am trying to decide between Fuqua and 2 other schools, one of which did not offer any scholarship money (like Fuqua), the other of which did (1/3 tuition). Thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

i think it will be different in terms of which school you have been accepted.
what are other 2 schools that you got scholarship?

Like Fuqua, no scholarship at Darden; but approx. 1/3 tuiton at UNC.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
17MBAApplicant wrote:
mmjin0099 wrote:
17MBAApplicant wrote:
Hi All -

I may be a little late to the punch on this, but is it appropriate to ask the scholarship committee to reconsider your scholarship status on the basis of offers received from other schools? If so, what is the protocol for this? I'm very interested in Fuqua but am trying to decide between Fuqua and 2 other schools, one of which did not offer any scholarship money (like Fuqua), the other of which did (1/3 tuition). Thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

i think it will be different in terms of which school you have been accepted.
what are other 2 schools that you got scholarship?

Like Fuqua, no scholarship at Darden; but approx. 1/3 tuiton at UNC.

Darden was my #1 choice so I'm going to be (probably more than) a bit biased here:
I would pick Darden if the difference was around 1/3 tuition. I would start having a real struggle deciding as the scholarship neared 1/2, and would be leaning towards the scholarship with more money than that.
I have yet to actually visit Duke but most people I talk to hold them in very similar regards. Both Duke and Darden are larger schools, which is something of an asset in my mind, though many disagree on that point. Take some time and solidify what you think you want to go into, then objectively look at how the schools do in that area. Make your decision based on that, combined with the idea that KF is willing to give you a bit more money. They are all good schools, and I don't think you have a bad choice with any of them. At this point you have a bunch of good opportunities and it is up to you to make the most of them.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [4]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V38
WE:Design (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
I made a little countdown (set to 2pm EST) that you guys can stare at while rubbing your hands in frustration, anger, and fury :lol: :-

https://itsalmo.st/#fuquanotificationtime
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
ThePot wrote:
I made a little countdown (set to 2pm EST) that you guys can stare at while rubbing your hands in frustration, anger, and fury :lol: :-

That's both awesome and yet doesn't help me control my urge to constantly refresh the page.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ThePot wrote:

I like you but hate you at the same time :-D
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  44   45   46   47   48   49   50  ...  71   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts