Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 03:18 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 03:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2219 [0]
Given Kudos: 75
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GRE 1: Q169 V165
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke-Fuqua Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
themoreyoudro wrote:
alwayswaiting wrote:
Initial notification deadline is Feb 4th I think (you might want to check the website as I'm just pulling this from memory). I'm not sure if any interview invites go out before then.

Actually spoke with a current student at Fuqua - they said that all interview notifications go out that day (via website, not email). They do not do rolling invitations.

Does anyone know if Duke will review applications as they roll in for each round, if they don't send invitations on a rolling basis? I had planned to apply for R2 but personal issues held me back and I'm stuck with a R3 deadline. Just wondering if there is any advantage to applying way ahead of deadline, so submit in Jan. vs. Mar. Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.36
alwayswaiting wrote:
Initial notification deadline is Feb 4th I think (you might want to check the website as I'm just pulling this from memory). I'm not sure if any interview invites go out before then.

thanks for the info, can't wait for that day...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
I submitted in R2 but have yet to receive an email confirming that my app is ready for review by adcom (no idea if Fuqua does this). The student services page shows the "Application Received" status (indicating that my app has not yet been reviewed for completeness); but I don't see any to-do items there.

Any one facing a similar situation?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.5
WE:Design (Manufacturing)
Send PM
dhruvm wrote:
I submitted in R2 but have yet to receive an email confirming that my app is ready for review by adcom (no idea if Fuqua does this). The student services page shows the "Application Received" status (indicating that my app has not yet been reviewed for completeness); but I don't see any to-do items there.

I am stuck at 'Application Received' too. Going through the class of 2016 thread I found that it goes from Received to Invited directly. I may be wrong though
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V38
GMAT 2: 660 Q45 V36
GPA: 3.56
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
ThePot wrote:
dhruvm wrote:

I am stuck at 'Application Received' too. Going through the class of 2016 thread I found that it goes from Received to Invited directly. I may be wrong though

I submitted my app on Jan 4th, and then I think on Friday (Jan 9th) it went from "Application Received" to "Application Complete." I don't believe they sent me an email when this happened, I just found it after logging in to the SISS portal.

Unlike some of the other schools (UCLA and Haas, for me) I don't think there is any need for much hand-wringing with Duke. From the looks of last year's applicants, all interview invites go out on the same day (which, for us R2ers this year, is Feb 4th, according to Fuqua's website). So until then, I don't know if there is much to worry about! Unless, of course, you have reason to believe they might not have received some part of your application...
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1547 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
Concentration: International Business, Marketing
GMAT Date: 06-06-2014
GPA: 3.07
Send PM
I'm still stuck with the "Application received" too :<
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Mine says application complete. But the website says it can take up to 3 weeks for your application to be changed from received to complete, so I wouldn't worry
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hey Guys :)
So one of my preferred choices is obviously Duke but I am also interested in Wharton and LBS.
Besides all the nerves from the application process, I am very interested to hear from all of you on why you chose Duke or would recommend it over other schools?
Would really appreciate some feedback!

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Send PM
FROM Fuqua Current Student Blogs: Time for a Check-Up: Curing Health Care Through Innovation
One of the most exciting events that the Health Care Club hosts is its annual conference. The November 2014 conference focused on innovation, and I had the chance to listen to two discussion panels during the day. The first was about how large established firms innovate in a changing industry, and the second was on the use of technology in health care (think along the lines of an electronic health record start-up).

It was incredibly fun and interesting to hear from experts in the field, especially in a group setting where there was lively debate and discussion on points raised during the panels. The sessions reminded me of our Health Sector Management (HSM) bootcamp speakers and our regular HSM seminars throughout the year. It’s truly an incredible opportunity to be in a community of like-minded, smart people who are making waves in the health care industry.

Another thing that delighted me was that Fuqua students were not the only ones participanting in the conference. Not only did I get to hear from and meet alumni from around the country, I also had the opportunity to meet students from other universities and business schools as well as health care providers from Duke University Medical Center. We wrapped up the day with a networking reception, which provided a more casual setting to follow up with some of the panelists and speak with recruiters. All in all, the healthcare conference was a combination of exciting learning and interactions that brought a community together for a day and created connections for the future!

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Send PM
FROM Fuqua Current Student Blogs: Exploring Health Care Careers on the West Coast
After a jam-packed Fall Term 1, we had a week off for Fall Break. One of the options during Fall Break is to travel with fellow Fuqua students on company treks called Week-in-Cities. This is a great opportunity to visit many different companies and meet with Fuqua alumni across the country as part of the career search process. Like most events at Fuqua, these trips are coordinated by students. Two of my fellow classmates put together wonderful itineraries for our health care company visits in Los Angeles and San Francisco.

We kicked off our trip in Thousand Oaks, CA, about an hour north of Los Angeles at Amgen. I was impressed not only with the campus but also with how many Fuqua alumni took time out of their days to meet with us and share their experiences and advice. Before arriving at Fuqua, many current students and alumni had told me that the Fuqua network is strong and that alumni go above and beyond to help fellow Fuquans. I definitely felt that was true, and it was only our first stop in California!

Outside of Amgen in Los Angeles
Over the course of two days (Monday and Tuesday) in the Los Angeles area, we visited five companies, ranging from biotechnology, to provider (insurance company), to health IT. Four out of five of the companies we visited had Fuqua alumni in those offices, so we had the opportunity to expand our networks across the country.

Wednesday was a travel day as some of my classmates had planned to join other Week-in-Cities trips hosted by other clubs (consulting in Dallas, marketing in New York/New Jersey, to name a couple) or to head home before returning to Durham. I used Wednesday to spend a few hours at my home in Huntington Beach (an hour away from Los Angeles) and then made the short flight up to San Francisco.

In San Francisco, we also visited five companies, and I was very excited that we complemented the Los Angeles trip with a mix of health care start-ups and two large corporations. Again, the Fuqua (and in one case, Duke undergraduate) alumni went above and beyond to ensure that we had productive visits, going as far as coordinating panels and Q&A sessions where we could ask more detailed questions about the work culture, challenges, and reasons why they were drawn to their respective companies.

Genentech in San Francisco
Overall, I thought our visits were a great opportunity to see in person what life would be like working at these companies. In addition, since we had fairly small groups of 10 to 11 students in each city, I was able to meet a few classmates with whom I had not previously interacted and get to know other classmates from the Health Sector Management (HSM) program a little better. We had a fun time exploring both cities and going out to dinner together, so the trip wasn’t entirely focused on company visits!

Before the trip and even before setting foot on campus at the start of the program, one of my concerns was the distance between Fuqua and the West Coast since I would like to head back there post-MBA. After the trip, though, I was impressed that not only were these companies excited to host us and encouraged us to apply for internship opportunities, but also the Fuqua alumni were incredibly helpful and supportive. In each city I felt that we had a mini Team Fuqua experience and I can now attest to the strength of the Fuqua network 2,000-plus miles from Durham.

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
I just got the email to activate my SISS account today. I'm sitting on "application complete."

Any idea if they send us a notification to check the SISS portal on initial decision day? Or do they just expect us to sit there refreshing the screen every 30 seconds waiting for an update?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Kudos
alwayswaiting wrote:
I just got the email to activate my SISS account today. I'm sitting on "application complete."

Any idea if they send us a notification to check the SISS portal on initial decision day? Or do they just expect us to sit there refreshing the screen every 30 seconds waiting for an update?

Hopefully you'll get a call, but if you don't you can check here to hear from the people who are checking every 30 seconds for an update. I was able to check before they sent out an email. But at the end of the day they do send out an e-mail telling you to check.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
For those wondering about interview invites, in R1, all interview invitations were sent by email ("an application update has been posted" or something like that) about 2 days before the deadline on the website (in this case the deadline is Feb. 4 I think). They were sent all at once around ~1 p.m. EST. Waitlists/Dings were NOT sent until the final decision date. R1 was a bit weird because it also had the open interview period, and some people got "not invited to interview" after they had open-interviewed, which drove some people crazy.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Leadership
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 2.75
WE:General Management (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
alwayswaiting wrote:

I received an email right on Jan 8 asking me to activate my account. Did you get that email? Is the email you received subsequent to the one I received on the 8th?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
sparts wrote:
alwayswaiting wrote:

I received an email right on Jan 8 asking me to activate my account. Did you get that email? Is the email you received subsequent to the one I received on the 8th?

That was actually a great question. Just checked and I did receive one on the 8th as well, but I did not see it when it first came in. I guess I recieved a 2-week reminder email. Sorry for any confusion or stress this caused anyone.
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.36
Fosterizer wrote:
For those wondering about interview invites, in R1, all interview invitations were sent by email ("an application update has been posted" or something like that) about 2 days before the deadline on the website (in this case the deadline is Feb. 4 I think). They were sent all at once around ~1 p.m. EST. Waitlists/Dings were NOT sent until the final decision date. R1 was a bit weird because it also had the open interview period, and some people got "not invited to interview" after they had open-interviewed, which drove some people crazy.

Thanks for the info, fingers crossed for the 2nd of Feb!!
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Fosterizer wrote:

Good to know that there is a chance of hearing before the initial notification deadline - Feb 4 seems like too far away!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  42   43   44   45   46   47   48  ...  71   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts