Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 01:03 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 01:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Duke '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 65 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke-Fuqua Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
DLEmba wrote:
Fosterizer wrote:
Have accepted students heard from a Fuqua Buddy yet? I just got an invite for BDW but still no word from my buddy.

Nope. I've only heard from my interviewer. I'm kinda disappointed, to be honest. Since being accepted to Yale SOM I have been contacted by my interviewer, random alumni, and even a professor...

Received the buddy email this evening.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Does anyone know how the interview process for international (specifically UK) applicants works?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
EndGame wrote:
DLEmba wrote:
Fosterizer wrote:
Have accepted students heard from a Fuqua Buddy yet? I just got an invite for BDW but still no word from my buddy.

Nope. I've only heard from my interviewer. I'm kinda disappointed, to be honest. Since being accepted to Yale SOM I have been contacted by my interviewer, random alumni, and even a professor...

Received the buddy email this evening.

Class of 2015 here at Duke. Admits should be contacted soon. Just keep in mind it is based on the schedules of the individuals who are your buddies. I was a buddy last year and really enjoyed talking to admits so hopefully everyone talks to their Buddy soon. Congrats to the admits!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [1]
Given Kudos: 40
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GRE 1: Q169 V165
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
Also a late "in for R2."

I'll be interviewing at UNC next week and might try to wander around Duke for a while first. Any admitted/current students have tips for what I should do while I'm on campus/in town? I won't be staying overnight but I'd probably have plenty of time both in the morning and early evening.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GPA: 3.45
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Fosterizer wrote:
DLEmba wrote:
Fosterizer wrote:

Yeah, where's all the Team Fuqua love!!

You will be contacted by your Fuqua buddy some time after you get the admission offer. A Fuqua buddy is assigned to admitted students only
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GPA: 3.45
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
^^

Sorry I thought you were an R2 applicant. It's weird though that it took that long. I was contacted about 5-6 days after I received the call.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 610 Q40 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q46 V41
GMAT 3: 640 Q42 V35
GPA: 3
Send PM
in for R2 as well. very excited about it!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.5
WE:Design (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Yep, I am in for R2 as well! Forgot to post here. Good luck everyone !
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
alwayswaiting wrote:
Also a late "in for R2."

I'll be interviewing at UNC next week and might try to wander around Duke for a while first. Any admitted/current students have tips for what I should do while I'm on campus/in town? I won't be staying overnight but I'd probably have plenty of time both in the morning and early evening.

Great question, I am also in the same boat so appreciate any response to the question..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.5
WE:Design (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Just got an email from duke with the subject - Important information about your Duke Application

The mail said:-

Dear (My Name):

Thank you for your interest in Duke University and for submitting your application to us. We have created a user account to allow you to:

a) track the status of your application and see which required items have been received and which are still missing
b) verify and update demographic information you submitted on your application
c) track the status of your financial aid application, if you intend to apply, and see which items have been received and which are still missing
d) view your admission decision online

Unless you already have a Duke NetID*, your username is the email address you provided at the time of your application.

To activate this account, click on the one-time use URL below.

(my personal url)

Once you have activated your account via the link indicated above, you will be able to log in to the following URL: (url)

*If you have an existing Duke NetID, you should instead use that ID and password and log into ACES, where you will see an admissions section on the main page of the Student Center. You do not need to activate via the URL indicated above.

If you encounter an issue in the course of activating or logging into your account, please contact the Duke Service Desk at XXXXXXXXX or email XX@XX.XX for assistance.

This email was automatically generated. Please do not reply to this message.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
spiceguy wrote:
alwayswaiting wrote:
Also a late "in for R2."

Great question, I am also in the same boat so appreciate any response to the question..

Go visit Duke Gardens (although it will be frozen gardens when you go), Duke Chapel, Fox Center Fuqua and play ping pong. You can also try to check-in to the admissions office and hang out with the adcom.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Leadership, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q40 V42
GMAT 2: 720 Q46 V44
GPA: 3.55
Send PM
Late post - in for R2. Best of luck, future Fuquans!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [1]
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
Send PM
Kudos
spiceguy wrote:
alwayswaiting wrote:
Also a late "in for R2."

Try and talk with as many students/club heads/ adcoms as possible . Specially the ones who have the same Post MBA goals/industry preferences as you do. Doing so would help you understand how fuqua has helped them get closer to their goals(so far) . Additionally it will also give you a taste of the very distinct fuqua culture.If you are a fit , such interactions will invariably resonate with some part of your personality , which if leveraged properly can work wonders in your essays .
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Schools: Duke '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q43 V38
GPA: 3.2
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
DLEmba wrote:
Fosterizer wrote:

I was contacted by at least 10 people after my admit in EA. Just remember they only just got back to school this week so I'm sure that is the delay in being contacted by your buddy.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Fuqua Current Student Blogs: How to Build Your Own Adventure
To GATE or not to GATE? That simple question about Fuqua’s Global Academic Travel Experience haunted me for days. I had an amazing time in South Africa with FCCP and definitely wanted to travel again before the start of summer internships. As a former Peace Corps volunteer, I missed backpacking and the spontaneity of a loosely planned trip, but I also wanted to travel with classmates. After much deliberation, my wife and I decided to build our own adventure…in Indonesia!

One of the many great things about Fuqua is the amazing international student body. My wife’s section-mate Ayu, a native Indonesian and self-proclaimed foodie, enthusiastically offered to show us her hometown and organize a food tour of Indonesia. Two more classmates decided to join and we left for the island of Java in Indonesia shortly after classes ended in May.

Borobudur Temple, Yogyakarta
It was fantastic meeting Ayu’s family and experiencing Indonesia in her hometown of Yogyakarta. We explored nearby active volcanoes and ancient Buddhist temples (the famous Borobudur), went white water rafting, and somehow managed to eat five square meals every day. The best part was learning about Indonesia through the eyes of Ayu and her family.

After a fun and food-filled week in Yogyakarta, Team Fuqua went our separate ways. Julie and I left the bustle of Java and moved to Bali where we biked through picturesque rice paddies and visited Hindu temples around the island. Next we traveled via boat to the Gili Islands near the coast of Lombok. The tiny islands were so peaceful—no motorized vehicles are allowed and horses and carts dotted the few roads. We spent time on the beach, went snorkeling and scuba diving and relaxed under the equatorial sun. It was a perfect spot to recharge after a busy first school year.

It was then back to Java, and on our last night in Indonesia before heading home we organized a Fuqua Friday in Jakarta with incoming first-year students and alumni—proof that the Fuqua network extends all around the globe!

Building our own Indonesian adventure was a great way to travel with friends and get to know a classmates’ culture and country a bit better. Sometimes a GUTE—an Global Un-academic Travel Experience—is the perfect choice.

More of my photos are below, and to see additional photos from Fuqua’s adventures around the globe, search #FuquaTravels on Twitter or Instagram.

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
Send PM
In for R2! Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Fuqua Current Student Blogs: Marketing in Action: Behind the Scenes with Johnson & Johnson
Everyone knows it is not the best idea to go to the grocery store hungry. You run in for milk and come out with a cart full of snacks that were not on your list. Have you ever wondered why you chose certain items and passed by others? Recently marketers from Johnson & Johnson’s consumer products division gave Fuqua students a behind-the-scenes look at the business decisions they make to influence consumers’ purchase behavior.

Experiential Learning

Johnson & Johnson invited Fuqua students to attend a retail store tour—led by some of the company’s Fuqua alumni—to learn what drives success in the retail channel. This event was part of the Fuqua Marketing Club’s Corporate Education series, one of the many experiential learning opportunities at Duke. Experiential learning offers students the opportunity to apply technical skills gained in the classroom in a multi-dimensional, real world setting.

For example, while standing on the beauty aisle at a drug store, the Johnson & Johnson team challenged us to explain the strategies behind the packaging and placement of their beauty products. During the discussion, we were pushed to come up with creative solutions for how a consumer goods company could influence the retailer to move a product to a more desirable location in the store. This experience reinforced lessons from our core Marketing class and gave students who are considering a career in consumer goods and/or marketing a better understanding of the decisions they would face as an associate brand manager.

Alumni Engagement

This event was a great example of the high level of alumni engagement at Duke. It is also a testament to the value Johnson & Johnson places on building relationships with current Fuqua students. Alumni engagement and marketing recruiting opportunities were important factors I considered when deciding which business school to attend. This event with Johnson & Johnson reinforced why The Duke MBA was a great choice for me.

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  41   42   43   44   45   46   47  ...  71   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts