Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 19:02 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 19:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Private Equity
Schools:Goizueta (Accepted with $$) - Matriculating
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools:Tepper, ISB, McCombs, Emory, Duke, NUS
 Q50  V40
WE 1: SAP consulting
WE 2: Business Development Manager
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Re: Calling all Emory applicants Fall 2011 [#permalink]
kushagra452 wrote:
thedarklard wrote:
Would be glad too.

Indian IT Male. 26 yrs. GMAT:700/6. Toefl: 117. Work ex: 58 months. Extras:ok. Acads: 75%

Dude best of luck for the other applications. I am headed for my first 'ding w/o interview' at Tepper. Submitted application before R1 deadline.

Hang in there. This b-school application process is 'Stochastic'..... you never you what might happen at other schools! Give your best shot!

All the best!
Kushagra

Very true! It's something about someone saying that you are no good after spending so much time. Very similar to a break-up. I needed a double choco latte and a brownie sizzler to get over Emory! The way things are going, I think I am gonna put a lotta weight!

Interesting choice of schools. All the best for Emory/others.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Schools:Tepper, ISB, McCombs, Emory, Duke, NUS
 Q50  V40
WE 1: SAP consulting
WE 2: Business Development Manager
Send PM
thedarklard wrote:
kushagra452 wrote:
thedarklard wrote:
Would be glad too.

Indian IT Male. 26 yrs. GMAT:700/6. Toefl: 117. Work ex: 58 months. Extras:ok. Acads: 75%

Dude best of luck for the other applications. I am headed for my first 'ding w/o interview' at Tepper. Submitted application before R1 deadline.

Hang in there. This b-school application process is 'Stochastic'..... you never you what might happen at other schools! Give your best shot!

All the best!
Kushagra

Very true! It's something about someone saying that you are no good after spending so much time. Very similar to a break-up. I needed a double choco latte and a brownie sizzler to get over Emory! The way things are going, I think I am gonna put a lotta weight!

Interesting choice of schools. All the best for Emory/others.

LOL!!! Thank god I renewed my gym membership! :)

Thank you and best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Any more results from Emory EA round?
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Does Emory have grace period for recommendation??
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Strategy, Management Consulting
Schools:Oxford Said Business School
 Q49  V31 GMAT 2: 720  Q49  V39
WE 1: Team Lead for IT Offshoring projects
Send PM
jordanhendrix wrote:
I just sent them in one envelope in the envelopes they came in, no letter. They have been received by Emory.

Posted from my mobile device

Did you get any confirmation email or status update on their site? I have sent it and UPS tracking suggests that transcripts have been received by office. I guess I should just call them and verify.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 106 [1]
Given Kudos: 66
Send PM
Kudos
mackd wrote:
jordanhendrix wrote:
I just sent them in one envelope in the envelopes they came in, no letter. They have been received by Emory.

Did you get any confirmation email or status update on their site? I have sent it and UPS tracking suggests that transcripts have been received by office. I guess I should just call them and verify.

I got tracking and saw that they have the package, on OPUS it says all I am missing is the interview (set for super saturday) I never got anything else, but Adcom said if they dont have them it would be listed there.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Strategy, Management Consulting
Schools:Oxford Said Business School
 Q49  V31 GMAT 2: 720  Q49  V39
WE 1: Team Lead for IT Offshoring projects
Send PM
jordanhendrix wrote:
mackd wrote:

I got tracking and saw that they have the package, on OPUS it says all I am missing is the interview (set for super saturday) I never got anything else, but Adcom said if they dont have them it would be listed there.

:thanks
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Indiana, Texas, Emory
Send PM
hello everyone! I'm also applying to emory! Very excited just need to finish up these essays!

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy Consulting
Send PM
Anyone knows if Emory website has a facility to help us contact alumni/students? I couldn't find any such thing but there may be something buried under a webpage I may have missed.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 106 [0]
Send PM
Went to super saturday this weekend.
Some highlights:
All the students really are nice and care about each other.

Everyone was very open and easily accessible.

My saturday interview was switched to a different time and instead of a student, i interviewed with the dean of admissions.
She was amazing!

The campus is nice but not amazing, its big and the buildings are new but don't have that cutting edge design. If you've been to Georgetown's new building then you know what I mean, its ridiculous. That said, Emory is beautiful and not lacking in any way.

I spoke candidly w/ students and career center people, they all were pretty honest about the school. Some students I met did tell me it wasn't their first choice but they are happy.

b/c of Emory's small size it is hard to get companies to interview on campus, but they are accessible.

The thing that I needed to see was alumni actually caring about the current students reaching out to them. At Emory is this is the norm. I imagine that larger schools lack in this regard.

I do like the Emory vibe the most, but all the schools I have visited are pretty great. I am a little concerned about Emory being too small. Its nice to have a small class size and be able to make an individual impact but I dont think schools slightly larger (Tepper, G-town) are lacking with respect alumni interaction/job help. Not sure how big the class is this year maybe around 140. All that said, Emory has serious connections in the south/mid atlantic, which is exactly where i want to end up.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 427 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
did the dean grill you hard??
Current Student
Send PM
yes! she did, I take it as a great opportunity though. I dont care what anyone says, a interview with the dean counts more than with anyone else!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 333 [0]
 Q51  V44
GPA: 3.8
WE 1: 2 yrs - Oilfield Service
Send PM
Hi, I applied just before the Dec 1st deadline, and all my application material seems to be in order. I notice that "Interview" seems to be on the to-do list, thought I haven't received any email about it and there are no contact details in the fields. Should I contact the adcom or wait for an email? Thanks!
Current Student
Send PM
AbhayPrasanna wrote:
Hi, I applied just before the Dec 1st deadline, and all my application material seems to be in order. I notice that "Interview" seems to be on the to-do list, thought I haven't received any email about it and there are no contact details in the fields. Should I contact the adcom or wait for an email? Thanks!

At Emory interviews are by invitation after Feb 1st, and before that only self initiated.

https://www.goizueta.emory.edu/degree/fu ... rview.html
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 333 [0]
 Q51  V44
GPA: 3.8
WE 1: 2 yrs - Oilfield Service
Send PM
Yikes now I'm unsure if I indicated telephone interview in the application :S Better send them an email just in case. Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management, Strategy, Entrepreneurship
 Q49  V37
WE 1: 8 yrs in Software, R&D
Send PM
AbhayPrasanna wrote:

"Interviews in India are by invitation only after a review of the documents noted below."
Jan last week - Bangalore, Bombay& Delhi
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello all!

Long-time lurker, first-time poster. I found out last week that I was admitted to Goizueta's 2-year program! It was a very pleasant surprise. Although my GMAT was lower than average for the school, I'm a bit non-traditional in that I already have a graduate-level degree in a quantitative field.

The usual stats...
Undergrad GPA: 3.7
Graduate GPA: 3.5
GMAT: 620 (quant-heavy)
Work experience: ~5 years at matriculation
Sex: F
Ethnicity, etc.: Citizen of an Asian country
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert