Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:40 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Re: Calling all Erasmus (Rotterdam) MBA Applicants: 2021 Intake! [#permalink]
LaraAde wrote:
jr1810 wrote:
LaraAde wrote:
kshankarlz wrote:
Hi..After finishing ur video interviews, in how many did u get an invite for personal interview and wen was the interview..

Posted from my mobile device

I have answered the first part of question in my previous message. My interview was on Monday (20th April)

You were offered a place within days of your interview? Did you have all your recommendations completed before the interview? Also, was this conditional upon completing your GMAT or had you done this already. If the latter was the case was score did you receive?

I only had one recommendation before my interview, however, I had to get the second recommendation in before I was offered the admission. Luckily for me, I got the second recommendation in before the Admissions committee met.

I got a GMAT waiver so my admission is not a conditional admission. During my initial call with my adcom, she mentioned that I could get a GMAT waiver if my undergraduate GPA was outstanding. I sent my documents in and requested for a GMAT waiver before I submitted my application but my request was rejected. I asked if they could revisit their earlier decision on the waiver during my personal interview and my interviewer said he will present my case to the Admissions committee again. I was informed that they reconsidered their position and was offered GMAT waiver on the basis of an excellent undergraduate GPA.

The whole take from my experience is that you should not be afraid to ask and negotiate for things.

I also got part scholarship with my admission.

Well done LaraAde good on you! Everything is negotiable ;). I'm definately going to do the same although I just received a 2.1 from my undergraduate degree; I suspect this is not 'exceptional'. Did you get a good 1st from your undergraduate? Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Does someone know the reason/factors behind RSM's constant fall in FT Global Full-Time MBA Ranking?
Is RSM losing an edge or other schools are getting more competitive?

Here are the numbers,
2017: 31
2018: 37
2019: 55
2020: 66

Source: RSM Website
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
jr1810 wrote:
LaraAde wrote:
jr1810 wrote:
LaraAde wrote:
kshankarlz wrote:
Hi..After finishing ur video interviews, in how many did u get an invite for personal interview and wen was the interview..

I have answered the first part of question in my previous message. My interview was on Monday (20th April)

You were offered a place within days of your interview? Did you have all your recommendations completed before the interview? Also, was this conditional upon completing your GMAT or had you done this already. If the latter was the case was score did you receive?

I only had one recommendation before my interview, however, I had to get the second recommendation in before I was offered the admission. Luckily for me, I got the second recommendation in before the Admissions committee met.

I got a GMAT waiver so my admission is not a conditional admission. During my initial call with my adcom, she mentioned that I could get a GMAT waiver if my undergraduate GPA was outstanding. I sent my documents in and requested for a GMAT waiver before I submitted my application but my request was rejected. I asked if they could revisit their earlier decision on the waiver during my personal interview and my interviewer said he will present my case to the Admissions committee again. I was informed that they reconsidered their position and was offered GMAT waiver on the basis of an excellent undergraduate GPA.

The whole take from my experience is that you should not be afraid to ask and negotiate for things.

I also got part scholarship with my admission.

Well done LaraAde good on you! Everything is negotiable ;). I'm definately going to do the same although I just received a 2.1 from my undergraduate degree; I suspect this is not 'exceptional'. Did you get a good 1st from your undergraduate? Thanks

I graduated with a 2.1 too with a GPA of 4.3/5. You can check with your adcom if you can request for a waiver
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1360 [0]
Given Kudos: 641
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus (II)
Send PM
DistantDream17 wrote:
Does someone know the reason/factors behind RSM's constant fall in FT Global Full-Time MBA Ranking?
Is RSM losing an edge or other schools are getting more competitive?

Here are the numbers,
2017: 31
2018: 37
2019: 55
2020: 66

Source: RSM Website

I advice you to take the ranking system with a grain of salt. You need to analyze each elements in FT ranking but to save time to you it is all bout the alumni sections. RSM dropped in almost every element such as salary, salary increase percentage...etc. But I know that RSM's dean made aware of the ranking problem and they have action plan.

https://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolra ... nking-2020

However, when you try to think deeply about studying in the Netherlands, RSM is still the best choice and number 1 school there. So try to think from country perspective. If you have other plans to move to other country after gaining your MBA so you can think in more global schools such LBS, INSEAD.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi All

I am admitted to RSM with Diversity Scholarship. Even though I enjoyed the journey with RSM admission, I was looking forward to a bigger sum of scholarship. So I am now waiting for scholarship confirmation from TIAS. Anyone has the same concern with me regarding to scholarship and these two B-schools ?

A bit about me: I am female from a developing Asian country, working in banking industry for 9 years. My Gmat score is not good at all, but I got CFA and graduated from LSE.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Minnnn wrote:
Hi All

I am admitted to RSM with Diversity Scholarship. Even though I enjoyed the journey with RSM admission, I was looking forward to a bigger sum of scholarship. So I am now waiting for scholarship confirmation from TIAS. Anyone has the same concern with me regarding to scholarship and these two B-schools ?

A bit about me: I am female from a developing Asian country, working in banking industry for 9 years. My Gmat score is not good at all, but I got CFA and graduated from LSE.

Dear Minnnn,

Rsm generally offer scholarships of around 7000 euros and merit scholarship of maximum 10.000. At least in my knowledge,I haven't heard for higher amounts.

RSM Erasmus Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1360 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Minnnn wrote:
Hi All

Congrats Minnnn

I'm fully aware of both schools. There is a big difference between both schools in many aspects, one of which is the tuition fees. But there are many aspects for comparison. RSM possesses big reputation in the Netherlands and offers many services. TIAS is smaller program with smaller. Maybe the big move for TIAS is the movement to Utrecht which is a big city like Rotterdam.

How much did RSM offer to you?

What was your GMAt score?
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Send PM
margits wrote:
Minnnn wrote:
Hi All

Dear Minnnn,

Rsm generally offer scholarships of around 7000 euros and merit scholarship of maximum 10.000. At least in my knowledge,I haven't heard for higher amounts.

Small correction. The max amount is 10K but it could be any number up to 10k. I know people with just 3K scholarship.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Mo2men

Thank you for your reply.
Could you share with me which important services that RSM offers but Tias does not ?
I have been informed that Tias will move to Utrecht with no change in tuition fee and also delay the program till Jan 2021 (same time with rsm). Tias seems generous in giving scholarship to me. The adcom gave me a hint that i could get 35-40% on tuition fee. Do you think it is worth the money ? I am a bit confused now.
For rsm scholarship, yes my number falls within your heard range!

Thank you.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 146
GMAT 1: 610 Q46 V28
GMAT 2: 690 Q48 V36
Send PM
Minnnn wrote:
Hi All

Congratulations on your selections
How many days after your KIRA interview did you get a call for the final interview?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
DivyanshuGupta61 wrote:
Minnnn wrote:
Hi All

Congratulations on your selections
How many days after your KIRA interview did you get a call for the final interview?

They came together in one email with the link for Kira test and the official interview invitation.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Mo2men wrote:
margits wrote:
Minnnn wrote:
Hi All

Dear Minnnn,

Small correction. The max amount is 10K but it could be any number up to 10k. I know people with just 3K scholarship.

Hi Mo2men

Could you share with me which important services that RSM offers but Tias does not ?
I have been informed that Tias will move to Utrecht with no change in tuition fee and also delay the program till Jan 2021 (same time with rsm). Tias seems generous in giving scholarship to me. The adcom gave me a hint that i could get 35-40% on tuition fee. Do you think it is worth the money ? I am a bit confused now.

Thank you.
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Send PM
Minnnn wrote:
Hi Mo2men

Thank you.

Hi Minnnn

In terms of academia, the living project and exchange program with other schools in the world are a difference.

In terms of career, the clubs offer helps in prep and networking. The career service offers you direct connections with the alumni and offers mentoring programs with your selected mentors in the industry.

There is a difference in tuition between both schools. So, honestly, if the scholarship in TIAS is around 40%, I will consider thinking in enrolling in their program and save money.

I send you a PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Hi,
those who are done with their final interview, can you please tell your experience and the questions that were asked?
thanks.
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1360 [1]
Send PM
mandeepkathuria wrote:
Hi,
those who are done with their final interview, can you please tell your experience and the questions that were asked?
thanks.

There is tab upside in the page called 'interview debrief'. You can click it and you will find answer to your question. Also, some candidates posted about their interviews. Juts go back and review the posts.

Good luck
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Hello guys. I am done with my Kira assessment (2 weeks back) and final interview (this weekend). Waiting to receive a feedback from adcom now.
If any questions, i am happy to help.

RSM Erasmus Moderator
Send PM
mandeepkathuria wrote:
Hello guys. I am done with my Kira assessment (2 weeks back) and final interview (this weekend). Waiting to receive a feedback from adcom now.
If any questions, i am happy to help.

As the Kira questions may still fresh in your mind, it would be helpful to mention the questions (verbal and written) you encountered.

Also, there is a tab called 'interview debrif' which you can write about your interview experience and the interview and his questions.

Thanks
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  15   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts