It is currently 15 Dec 2017, 15:52

Decision(s) Day!:

CHAT Rooms | Olin (St. Louis) R1 | Tuck R1 | Ross R1 | Fuqua R1

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2019

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 20

Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2016, 14:08
divbell2003 wrote:
For those who had their interviews on 02/08 , any feedback for the fellow forum members ? :)

Hey divbell2003, I had my interview in December (R1 applicant) and I can tell you that the questions were very structured/straightforward. Consistent with what others have posted, you're going to want to emphasize the defining principles with your examples. They want to know how you will contribute to the classroom dynamic.

One "curveball" (if you can even call it one) was "I know you wrote about one defining principle in your application, can you give me another example of a different defining principle?"

Threw me off guard at first, but got through it. Assuming you gave your application/story enough thought, this should be a pretty easy answer.

Good luck!

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 20

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 7

Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GPA: 3.3
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2016, 19:09
gnahc wrote:
divbell2003 wrote:
For those who had their interviews on 02/08 , any feedback for the fellow forum members ? :)

Hey divbell2003, I had my interview in December (R1 applicant) and I can tell you that the questions were very structured/straightforward. Consistent with what others have posted, you're going to want to emphasize the defining principles with your examples. They want to know how you will contribute to the classroom dynamic.

One "curveball" (if you can even call it one) was "I know you wrote about one defining principle in your application, can you give me another example of a different defining principle?"

Threw me off guard at first, but got through it. Assuming you gave your application/story enough thought, this should be a pretty easy answer.

Good luck!

apsahota wrote:
Haas interview is more like a conversation. Don't worry too much about it. You will just talk about your life, career, education etc in addition to those standard questions. It felt like as if I was talking to a colleague. Very relaxed.

My interview experience is very similar to apsahota 's. I was interviewed by a member of the admission team. He's very nice and friendly. I felt comfortable and it didn't feel like a job interview at all (definitely more relaxed!) The only prep I did was to re-read my resume. Here are some of what I remember:

- Resume (I talked about each position/work progression)
- Why MBA
- Why Berkeley-Haas
- ST & LT career goals
- If I were to ask my work colleagues, what would they say my strengths are
- What do I still need to develop/improve on
- As a supervisor/manager, how did I manage my direct reports
- Hobbies/activities/leadership outside of work
- Haas Defining Principles - very important to know/memorize!
- Prepare 1-2 questions to ask

(Side note for male applicants - if you were to choose between a red necktie and a blue &/or yellow necktie, go with the latter - Go Bears!) :wink:

Current Student

Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2016, 19:55
Application Status (R2): (FYI for R3 applicants et al. - After submitting my application, I was looking for status trails similar to this to give me an idea of what to expect; hopefully, it helps someone like me).

From Received - deadline
-> Invited to Interview - 2 weeks after deadline
-> (Email: "Your application is complete and is being processed for review.")
-> Interview - 3 weeks after deadline
-> File Under Review ("Your application for admission to the Evening & Weekend Berkeley MBA Program is under review by the Admissions Committee") - status changed 1 day after the interview

Current Student

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2016, 23:48
Ive been invited to Haas visitation day on March 5. Looks like R2 all out of bay area shortlisted candidates are called on the same day. Anyone going to this one?

Current Student

GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2016, 15:01
Ill be going to the Visitation Day. I just recently went to a similar event for UCLA and it was a lot of fun so definitely looking forward to the Berkeley event.

Current Student

WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2016, 20:23
Awesome! I was at UCLA too. Good luck :)

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.9

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2016, 08:50
Hi Guys,

The Haas visitation day coincides with UC Davis Admit day - both on mar 5. I have to choose between the two
Will missing Haas visitation affect admission decision ? Any thoughts and suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks very much

Current Student

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2016, 09:03
vinkoo86 wrote:
Hi Guys,

The Haas visitation day coincides with UC Davis Admit day - both on mar 5. I have to choose between the two
Will missing Haas visitation affect admission decision ? Any thoughts and suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks very much

Just my opinion but I think taking any chance you have to get in front of the admissions team will only help your chances so I would I pick my first choice school. I understand the balance though of having a higher probability of getting into Davis over Berkeley and committing more effort to that higher probability.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2016, 09:07
vinkoo86 wrote:
Hi Guys,

I hope not... I think visiting campus/attending info sessions/auditing classes etc. is part of the research that one does to learn about the school and program. You would use all these points to solidify your case during the interview and in your essays. You don't have to attend every single event, but make sure you have been to a few of such events.

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Current Student

Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.9

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2016, 09:09
EJS22 wrote:
vinkoo86 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Just my opinion but I think taking any chance you have to get in front of the admissions team will only help your chances so I would I pick my first choice school. I understand the balance though of having a higher probability of getting into Davis over Berkeley and committing more effort to that higher probability.

Thanks EJS22 - i have already been offered admission at Davis. May be that makes it less important to attend the admit day ?Haas is my first choice - no doubt.

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2016, 11:13
This post received
KUDOS
Hello guys,

Here is my timeline.

Applied - 1/19
Invited to interview - 2/1
Interview - 2/16

I am now waiting on the decision. The interview was pretty much as it has been described before. Some questions other than the usual resume/ST & LT are below,

1. Which of the defining principles speaks to you the most?
2. What will you contribute to the class? What can your classmates learn from you?
3. What makes you unique?

One thing that the interviewer mentioned at the beginning caught me by surprise. She said that they interview candidates before looking at the applications so it's OK if I end up repeating the same things that are already on the essay and that it was by design. I suppose they do this for the part-time program as the applicant pool is lower. This is very interesting and seems like everyone who applied should get an invite for the interview.

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 0

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2016, 12:24
My interviewer had also informed me that the interview is 'blind' i.e. she had not seen my application.
What I have understood from talking to alumni and connecting the dots is that they make a preliminary assessment of the profile before calling a candidate for an interview.
The interview is another 'data point' for the adcom before they make a 'yay' or 'nay' in addition to the essays, resume, etc.

Also, from the previous year's thread, I found that not all who applied got an interview invite. Don't know if things are different this year.

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Current Student

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2016, 14:31
vinkoo86 wrote:
EJS22 wrote:
vinkoo86 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Thanks EJS22 - i have already been offered admission at Davis. May be that makes it less important to attend the admit day ?Haas is my first choice - no doubt.

I think the only downside of not going to the Davis one (if not required) is connecting with fellow admitted students early on when everyone is excited about being admitted. But if it increases your chances at Berkeley and doesn't hurt your chances at Davis since you already got in, sounds like visitation day might be the way to go.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2016, 19:51
Any word on whether Haas might have a Round 4 this year?

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2016, 12:16
emilyemily99 wrote:
Any word on whether Haas might have a Round 4 this year?

I haven't heard/read anything about adding a round 4 this year. It's probably still too early for them to determine the need especially since R2 decisions are not even out yet. Their FAQ says, "We may continue to accept applications on a rolling basis after the final deadline, but priority will be given to those applicants who apply by the Round 3 deadline of March 9."

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2016, 12:21
Attention: R3 Applicants

Application Tips Webinar
Thursday, February 25, 2016 at 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM (PST)

http://ewmba.haas.berkeley.edu/admissions/events/register.html?id=701600000014g2nAAA

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2016, 20:17
divbell2003 wrote:
Also, from the previous year's thread, I found that not all who applied got an interview invite. Don't know if things are different this year.

From Info session, the rate of applicants to receive interview is about 80%.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2016, 16:50
divbell2003 wrote:
My interviewer had also informed me that the interview is 'blind' i.e. she had not seen my application.
What I have understood from talking to alumni and connecting the dots is that they make a preliminary assessment of the profile before calling a candidate for an interview.
The interview is another 'data point' for the adcom before they make a 'yay' or 'nay' in addition to the essays, resume, etc.

I attended an info session where the admission committee member informed the attendees that 80% of the applicants are invited to interview.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

Current Student

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 29 Feb 2016, 10:16
Anyone that is going to the Visitation Day this weekend receive info regarding their interview time slot or class visits yet?

Thanks!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 29 Feb 2016, 11:45
EJS22 wrote:
Anyone that is going to the Visitation Day this weekend receive info regarding their interview time slot or class visits yet?

Thanks!

I am going on Saturday and still haven't received any info about the interview or class visits! Was going to follow up if I don't hear back today.

Anyone get any more details about their schedule for Haas Visitation day?

Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2019   [#permalink] 29 Feb 2016, 11:45

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  14    Next  [ 267 posts ] 

Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2019

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap