Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 04:19 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 04:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [5]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V33
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [2]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q43 V42
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]
BHMBA wrote:
defiedPhysics wrote:
Waitlisted. Any R1 WL candidates with some tips?

I was WL in R1. I submitted an updated resume with new publications (i work in academic life science research) and financial/mentoring responsibilities i had taken over at work. Submitted a third recommendation and had my supervisor submit an updated recommendation (she was one of my original recommenders). I also submitted certificates of completion from my volunteering activities plus a leadership development program i completed at work. I enrolled for the online math for management class and sent them that enrollment as my GMAT score was low and I wanted to address that. I sent them only the enrollment confirmation as I had not completed the course before the material submission deadline.

Not sure how much of this mattered but I hope this helps and good luck :)

This is fantastic! Thanks!
Dumb question... did all this work get you in? I see the "Haas..." in green but just wanted to hear it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [2]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 640 Q39 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]
Kudos
narwal wrote:
BHMBA wrote:
defiedPhysics wrote:
Waitlisted. Any R1 WL candidates with some tips?

I was WL in R1. I submitted an updated resume with new publications (i work in academic life science research) and financial/mentoring responsibilities i had taken over at work. Submitted a third recommendation and had my supervisor submit an updated recommendation (she was one of my original recommenders). I also submitted certificates of completion from my volunteering activities plus a leadership development program i completed at work. I enrolled for the online math for management class and sent them that enrollment as my GMAT score was low and I wanted to address that. I sent them only the enrollment confirmation as I had not completed the course before the material submission deadline.

Not sure how much of this mattered but I hope this helps and good luck :)

This is fantastic! Thanks!
Dumb question... did all this work get you in? I see the "Haas..." in green but just wanted to hear it.

No worries :) yes i did get accepted from R1 waitlist
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 2.95
WE:Business Development (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
jsmallwood82 wrote:
Waitlisted. Given my stats, I'll take that. Now to grind as hard as possible to get off the waitlist.

How do you get off the waitlist?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V32
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
jsmallwood82 wrote:
Waitlisted. Given my stats, I'll take that. Now to grind as hard as possible to get off the waitlist.
Good luck man!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V34
GPA: 2.98
Send PM
Rejected, but congrats to those of you who got admitted or waitlisted!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GPA: 3.44
Send PM
For those who are will be traveling from LA, please feel free to join this linkedin group to discuss travelling options or form groups.

https://www.linkedin.com/groups/12111484
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Schools: AGSM '20
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Is there a group of admits in general either on gmatclub or linkedin?

Posted from my mobile device

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GPA: 3.44
Send PM
avrm244 wrote:
Is there a group of admits in general either on gmatclub or linkedin?

Haas has a facebook page not sure of linkedin. YOu can join here

https://www.facebook.com/groups/135965570533466/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q44 V48
Send PM
"Recommendation" is actually different from an official admit I learned. Should be hearing more on an "official" decision within 48 hours
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Ii

Sent from my Mi A1 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V27
GPA: 3.97
Send PM
Kudos
Just finished the interview from R3. In general, the staff is very friendly. Questions are expected ones. But In my preparation, I didn't speak out, but just thought silently in my mind. So during the interview, especially at the begining, I felt nervous and didn't speak very fluently. As the interview went on, I get more relaxed and did a better job at the later part. My suggestion to others is practicing your answers with loud voice. You will feel more comfortable when you are at the real interview.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Does anyone have any tip on the Essay #2 about the 4 principles? I am a bit confused if the school wants me to be general and talk about all 4 or focus on 1 and give my personal examples? I'm so stuck and its due in 2 days...

"At Berkeley-Haas, our unique culture is defined by our Four Defining Principles - Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always & Beyond Yourself - which are integral to the education and development of innovative leaders of the future. Based on what you know of our culture, why is Berkeley-Haas the place for you?"
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
I don't know the general rules, but I focused on one and gave my personal experience example. I think, considering the word limit, it's difficult to fully elaborate all the principles in one essay and I don't think the admissions expected to see all either. I got an interview in round 2. I hope it helps.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [3]
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V40
Send PM
Kudos
Seems to be much more competitive this year than in year's past. I'm a current EWMBA student at Haas in my second year. I can tell you that the program has an overrepresentation of males who are hardware/software engineers from the South Bay and who are of South or East Asian descent.

If the above describes you, I think you're gonna need something more compelling than just a 700+ GMAT score to get in, especially if its an imbalanced score (example: Q 50 V 36). There has been alot of talk about diversifying the applicant pipeline in terms of career background and experiences.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Finance, Operations
GMAT 1: 590 Q48 V24
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
diverboy1988 wrote:
Haas (2018 Intake) EWMBA Deadlines
Application deadlineDecision Notification
R1Nov 15, 17Feb 2, 18
R2Jan 16, 18Apr 6, 18
R3Mar 7, 18Jun 1, 18

Why is there no Round 4?
I couldn't update my status.

All the best to last round submissions!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V40
chi787ord wrote:
Seems to be much more competitive this year than in year's past. I'm a current EWMBA student at Haas in my second year. I can tell you that the program has an overrepresentation of males who are hardware/software engineers from the South Bay and who are of South or East Asian descent.

If the above describes you, I think you're gonna need something more compelling than just a 700+ GMAT score to get in, especially if its an imbalanced score (example: Q 50 V 36). There has been alot of talk about diversifying the applicant pipeline in terms of career background and experiences.

Thank you for this insight.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V39
GPA: 3
Send PM
Hey There- I got waitlisted for Round 2 and just got an interview request from Admissions--this will be my second interview, which seems a little odd. They acknowledged this was the second interview, but couldn't give me any additional information. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Different questions? Different person? Or just wanting to give me a once over along with the Round 3 folks? Not sure how I should approach or feel about this. Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
firelli11 wrote:
Hey There- I got waitlisted for Round 2 and just got an interview request from Admissions--this will be my second interview, which seems a little odd. They acknowledged this was the second interview, but couldn't give me any additional information. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Different questions? Different person? Or just wanting to give me a once over along with the Round 3 folks? Not sure how I should approach or feel about this. Thanks!

Did you get the call after you submitted new material to the Adcom?

Thanks!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts